BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)
Velodynamic 

Anti-bot filter: velody
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 pm   

jeanbatman wrote:
I wonder where Francis and Dominique will be part in the process...

I think that actually they will both be hiding inside that old mellotron...frying chips and eggs on the power supply.
Nah, but for sure they're going to find their right positions during the process. :P

Nico_Noyau 
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm   

Jean Michel Jarre wrote:
"D’autres collaborations sont à venir sur mon prochain album, toujours avec Vitalic, mais peut-être aussi avec Sébastien Tellier, Air, Moby, Les Daft Punk, ou encore les Chemical Brothers."

Source

"Other collaborations are to come on my next album, still with Vitalic, but also maybe with Sébastien Tellier, Air, Moby, Daft Punk, or even the Chemical Brothers." Extract

Strange, I interviewed Vitalic about a week ago and he told me a collaboration with JMJ wasn't expected... or maybe he wanted to keep it secret...

My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Thtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arnes de Nmes 14/07/2016

AnDrOiD 

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 am   

Noooooooo! :cry:

I want a "clean" JMJ album, not some collaborate shite. :(

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

jp8000 

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am   

AnDrOiD wrote:
Noooooooo! :cry:

I want a "clean" JMJ album, not some collaborate shite. :(

I think that we are in the same boat, neither do i want that much of collaboration on the next album

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel

Jakob BC 
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:56 am   

Collabration or not... it's new material. Better than nothing, I tend to say. Even on top of an album like Téo & Téa.

Jon 

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 pm   

Lets hope the new studio album is Jarre only, and these other collaborators are lined up for single remixes from that album. Surely, with what happened with T&T, Jarre will not burn his fingers "twice".

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:06 am   

Revolutions and Metamorphoses are full of collaborations

melo 

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:19 am   

Quote:

Z :D :D l :D :D k, Too !!![[/code]

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:42 am   

melo wrote:
Quote:

Z :D :D l :D :D k, Too !!!

exactly! so i don't think we will have to worry.

AnDrOiD 

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:43 am   

It's just I don't like the ones mentioned, except for Moby, so I hope Jon is right and it's just candidates for remixers. :P

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

Pat Gleeson 

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 pm   

AnDrOiD wrote:
It's just I don't like the ones mentioned, except for Moby, so I hope Jon is right and it's just candidates for remixers. :P

I'd say that's a good assumption.

Memory Cords 

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:25 pm   

Jon wrote:
Jarre's nickname is "preset king" :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:

I think on Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields and Concerts in China he didn't use any presets - I don't think many of the synths during that period had any presets!

His synth programming and use of effects on Oxygen and Equinoxe is incredible and groundbreaking in my opinion. I know that Michel Geiss helped with the technical aspects of these two albums but I'm sure that Jarre created the majority of the sounds himself.

I think he was originally a really good sound designer, he just got lazy later on! I'm hoping that on the new album he will start designing his own sounds again!

Jon 

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:03 pm   

Memory Cords wrote:
Jon wrote:
Jarre's nickname is "preset king" :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:

I think on Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields and Concerts in China he didn't use any presets - I don't think many of the synths during that period had any presets!

His synth programming and use of effects on Oxygen and Equinoxe is incredible and groundbreaking in my opinion. I know that Michel Geiss helped with the technical aspects of these two albums but I'm sure that Jarre created the majority of the sounds himself.

I think he was originally a really good sound designer, he just got lazy later on! I'm hoping that on the new album he will start designing his own sounds again!

I'm talking from the 80's onwards.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Pat Gleeson 

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 am   

Memory Cords wrote:
I'm talking from the 80's onwards.

True, but I still think it's an unfair name that some put on him. Music for Supermarkets would have been the first example of an album with lots of preset sounds on it, but it sounded like nothing else - it still does - Zoolook likewise. It's just that technology caught up with JMJ, and he took advantage of the new sounds available.

Today many have available what only a handful had before.

T&T was an example of JMJ giving too much deference to the prevailing music scene IMO.

AnDrOiD 

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 am   

Perhaps a self programmed sound will sound like one of the millions of presets out there. :punch:

Reply to topic