Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

jeanbatman wrote:I wonder where Francis and Dominique will be part in the process...
I think that actually they will both be hiding inside that old mellotron...frying chips and eggs on the power supply.
Nah, but for sure they're going to find their right positions during the process. :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Jean Michel Jarre wrote:"D’autres collaborations sont à venir sur mon prochain album, toujours avec Vitalic, mais peut-être aussi avec Sébastien Tellier, Air, Moby, Les Daft Punk, ou encore les Chemical Brothers."
Source

"Other collaborations are to come on my next album, still with Vitalic, but also maybe with Sébastien Tellier, Air, Moby, Daft Punk, or even the Chemical Brothers." Extract

Strange, I interviewed Vitalic about a week ago and he told me a collaboration with JMJ wasn't expected... or maybe he wanted to keep it secret...
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 am
AnDrOiD

Noooooooo! :cry:

I want a "clean" JMJ album, not some collaborate shite. :(
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am
jp8000

AnDrOiD wrote:Noooooooo! :cry:

I want a "clean" JMJ album, not some collaborate shite. :(
I think that we are in the same boat, neither do i want that much of collaboration on the next album
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:56 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Collabration or not... it's new material. Better than nothing, I tend to say. Even on top of an album like Téo & Téa.
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Lets hope the new studio album is Jarre only, and these other collaborators are lined up for single remixes from that album. Surely, with what happened with T&T, Jarre will not burn his fingers "twice".
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:06 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Revolutions and Metamorphoses are full of collaborations
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:19 am
melo

Z :D :D l :D :D k, Too !!![[/code]
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:42 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

melo wrote:

Z :D :D l :D :D k, Too !!!
exactly! so i don't think we will have to worry.
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:43 am
AnDrOiD

It's just I don't like the ones mentioned, except for Moby, so I hope Jon is right and it's just candidates for remixers. :P
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

AnDrOiD wrote:It's just I don't like the ones mentioned, except for Moby, so I hope Jon is right and it's just candidates for remixers. :P
I'd say that's a good assumption.
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:25 pm
Memory Cords

Jon wrote:Jarre's nickname is "preset king" :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:
I think on Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields and Concerts in China he didn't use any presets - I don't think many of the synths during that period had any presets!

His synth programming and use of effects on Oxygen and Equinoxe is incredible and groundbreaking in my opinion. I know that Michel Geiss helped with the technical aspects of these two albums but I'm sure that Jarre created the majority of the sounds himself.

I think he was originally a really good sound designer, he just got lazy later on! I'm hoping that on the new album he will start designing his own sounds again!
Post Posted Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm
Jon

Memory Cords wrote:
Jon wrote:Jarre's nickname is "preset king" :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:
I think on Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields and Concerts in China he didn't use any presets - I don't think many of the synths during that period had any presets!

His synth programming and use of effects on Oxygen and Equinoxe is incredible and groundbreaking in my opinion. I know that Michel Geiss helped with the technical aspects of these two albums but I'm sure that Jarre created the majority of the sounds himself.

I think he was originally a really good sound designer, he just got lazy later on! I'm hoping that on the new album he will start designing his own sounds again!
I'm talking from the 80's onwards.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 am
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

Memory Cords wrote:I'm talking from the 80's onwards.
True, but I still think it's an unfair name that some put on him. Music for Supermarkets would have been the first example of an album with lots of preset sounds on it, but it sounded like nothing else - it still does - Zoolook likewise. It's just that technology caught up with JMJ, and he took advantage of the new sounds available.

Today many have available what only a handful had before.

T&T was an example of JMJ giving too much deference to the prevailing music scene IMO.
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 am
AnDrOiD

Perhaps a self programmed sound will sound like one of the millions of presets out there. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl