BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
AOR Ballet
Vozdelosvientos 

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:52 pm   

Talking about Igor Wakhevich, I've just read an interesting interview where he talks about JMJ and their friendship in the GRM era...

http://www.psychedelicbab...erview.html?m=1

Crazy guy and crazy interview... :shock:

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:23 pm   

Wow, what a brilliant anekdote!
Quote:
After few months plunged in this strange ambiance, Jean-Michel and myself decided together to leave the G.R.M. at the same moment in order to imprint our mark on the minds. Making a last scandal, we slammed the door using for that our best oscillator-generator’s envelop without any filter and any delay. But a big big big reverberation at 100%. A monumental electronic fart that you can find in the INA and GRM archives. “Jarre-Wakhévitch” are the coauthors of a “plug-in” known as “Wakhévitch-Jarre’s scandalous behavior”. We earned a lot of money with our plug-in; we still share the royalties of our tonitruant departure from the G.R.M.

and... is he indicating that he and JMJ were lovers??

Finaero 

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:29 pm   

Funny how amidst the long paragraphs of philosophy there's:

Quote:
Is there any unreleased material?

I.W.: Yes.

;)

Analog-Umph 

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:28 pm   

Vozdelosvientos wrote:
Talking about Igor Wakhevich, I've just read an interesting interview where he talks about JMJ and their friendship in the GRM era...

http://www.psychedelicbab...erview.html?m=1

Crazy guy and crazy interview... :shock:

Just read that long interview. I'm quite familiar with what he is saying, much of the "cosmic" or "out there" cosmology and spiritual philosophy he is espousing as "the ultimate truth" is actually of Satanic origin. (Even though he immediately makes sure to tell you in his answer that he doesn't worship Satan.) The exact same concepts and teachings about reality are taught in various schools of Satanism and occultism. The new age movement and Eastern religions also teach the same false concepts, because they all come from the same source. The usual result of study of these deceptive doctrines is that individuals begin to perceive themselves as highly enlightened/evolved in comparison to everyone else, they believe they are in tune with the so-called "real" truth which is hidden from everyone, but what they are really in tune with, is real evil - masquerading as good. In these vast false teachings, all kinds of concepts are thrown about, with snippets of vague truth intertwined with unverifiable information and outright lies/deceptions. As all Satanic knowledge: it is meant to shock you into awe and acceptance, so that you ask for more. It's all about converting/changing you gradually. Making you believe it's a path of self-development, beneficial in every way, yet it's precisely the opposite of that: the path to self-destruction.

Anyhow, that explains the guy's weird nature and outlook. It's quite sad seeing what human beings do to themselves, going down these paths. This guy's just one amongst millions.

Finaero 

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:20 pm   

Speaking of AOR, I remember when Jarre.net had some excerpts of it available for download. And I still remember this one (at 3:56) the best due to thinking "You know, that really sounds like one of the Ethnicolor samples".

(Well, it still does... and probably is?)

But now, roughly 15 years later, it got me thinking of how crisp and clean those Jarre.net AOR recordings sound. In fact, the AOR track performed at Bourges in 2002 also sounded quite slick (now, if I remembered anything about the synths he used in that performance, maybe it was just "easy" to be recreated or some such).

So... what do you people think, did JMJ re-create (all) AOR tracks for the Jarre.net downloads or did he use the original recordings?

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 pm   

Those were the original recordings. They got those snippets from JMJ.

Reply to topic