Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

YELLO

Post Posted Sun May 01, 2011 11:46 pm
Memory Cords

Is anyone else on this forum into YELLO?

They are one of my favorite bands. Their use of synths and samplers is very unique and original.

I consider Boris Blank of YELLO to be one of the greatest masters of the Fairlight sampler, along with Jarre. They also used ARP equipment which Jarre also used on all his albums.

Recently they remastered and released their first six albums with extra tracks.
Post Posted Wed May 04, 2011 7:46 am
computerhythm

Memory Cords wrote:
They also used ARP equipment which Jarre also used on all his albums.
An Odyssey with Sequencer, to be precise. Carlos Peròn also had a 2600.

Stephen
"If we have an enemy at all, the Control Process is that enemy. It is vital to short-circuit this Control Process." (Genesis P-Orridge)
Post Posted Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 am
AnDrOiD

Without a doubt their most well known track to date, oh yeah! :nod:

My personal favorite track. The Flamboyant version. :fine:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 am
Jon

Likes received  : 1

The first tracks of wich I came in contact with the Yello sound was Rubberbandman and The Race

Night Train
Lost Again
Also a weird but very nice track I remember from long ago:
Who's Gone?

Yello + Stina Nordenstam = To The Sea

If you're interested in older (rare) Yello stuff just check http://www.youtube.com/user/BigLesbowski :wink:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 am
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

AnDrOiD wrote:My personal favorite track.
First time I have heard this. . . . . Damn wicked track :peacemaan:
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm
(Unknown)

Jon wrote:
AnDrOiD wrote:My personal favorite track.
First time I have heard this. . . . . Damn wicked track :peacemaan:
Bit DM style melody and chords.. nice!
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Wed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm
(Unknown)

Memory Cords wrote:Is anyone else on this forum into YELLO?

They are one of my favorite bands. Their use of synths and samplers is very unique and original.

I consider Boris Blank of YELLO to be one of the greatest masters of the Fairlight sampler, along with Jarre. They also used ARP equipment which Jarre also used on all his albums.

Recently they remastered and released their first six albums with extra tracks.
I'm just for this band
they rule on so many levels :peacemaan:

check out this link Mayday Reformation
Post Posted Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 pm
Memory Cords

Wow, great to see so many YELLO lovers!

One thing I find inspiring about YELLO is that they are still recording new music despite the fact they they are old (by music industry standards). I also admire Jarre for this (although his release rate has been slowing down - compilations and live recordings don't count in my opinion)! David Bowie is another old guy that still makes a good effort too!
Post Posted Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:12 pm
ChoccyUK

Yello's Starlight scene sounds familiar maybe a bit like Laid back's Bakerman ?

• 2020 Zoolook.nl