Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

More bootlegs...

Post Posted Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

[center]Alright, once again, I would like to address this to JMJ fans who own the recordings they don't want to share or trade. Please, think about it. They're probably just lying on your shelf collecting dust,but it would be a real gift to other fans if you decided to share it with the community. [/center]

Here I'll be talking about Paris La Defense show. In my following posts I'll discuss the rest.

First of all, it seems like there are at least 2 or even 3 different versions. The one on youtube, and the 2 never-seen-before ones. Here are the quotes from people who have or had the tapes in possesssion.

Version 1
darkwinter1979 wrote:Hi everyone...my first post so please forgive any mistakes.

I have an audio cassette of the French radio transmission of the concert, though it's minus Oxygene 4 and has lots of french speaking throughout. Also have a BBC Radio 2 half hour interview from about a week after the show.

I just recently got hold of an original vhs produced by a dutch fan club of the concert. The stage is across the river and to the left of the cameraman, though there are portions of a couple of songs missing. Great sound, and great position, though a little shaky sometimes.

Alas I am pretty much technologically illiterate, but trying to learn. Perhaps one day I'll be able to trade or share these to help build up my collection.

Cheers everyone.
In bold is what I or we are intersted in. After that, the guy pretty much disappeared...he wrote that almost 4 years ago. Maybe someone who lives in the Netherlands can find out more about that dutch fan club and the tape ? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's eager to see the recording 8)

Version 2
vermillion wrote:
I own a VHS Home video recording of the entire Paris La Defense concert. The video's recording position was from just behind and to the right of the Pont De Neuilly bridge. The camera is tripod mounted and thus provides a well framed and steady view of the concert performance. Due to the camera position in relation to one of the speaker towers, the video has a pretty good audio of the performance. This is not the video that the youtube clips of Equinoxe 5 and Rendez-vous 4 are taken from. There are downsides to the video. Firstly, as I intimated to earlier in this message, there is a break during Calypso 2, when a tape had to be changed...personal video cameras where very different in 1990. The tape is nearly twenty years old and for my sins has been very well watched and a little worn. The video is also a generational copy and thus lost some quality along the way. I am sure you can all understand that PLD was highly desirable back then just as it is now.

All in all this video is without doubt one of the best captures around of that night in Paris and holds significant personal value to me as a memento...

I got quite excited about the possibility of sharing this version of PLD with the community. I wanted to physically play the tape as little as possible because of it's age and wanted to transfer it to DVD....

GeeJee came through as a star though, he said if I shipped the tape to him he's get it sorted, and as a guy who goes to the lengths to set up a site and forum for fans to come together, he obviously seemed like the type of guy who'd care for the tape as much as I would. Although I was still significantly worried about it being out of my hands during shipping.

It was also during this time that I met the woman that I would marry, and in November of 2007 I took the decision to leave the United Kingdom and relocate to The United States Of America to marry my fiancee and begin what could be deemed as a new life here.

I planned that each of my return visits to the UK I would go with an empty case and bring back to the USA all that I could manage each time.
I can go back to the UK anytime I like, although I can't return back into the USA and to my new family without my Green Card. I was approved for my Green Card in the month of May 2008. I was told the card would arrive to be between 3 and 13 weeks. My card never arrived, so USA immigration had to make an investigation into why. In January of this year an email came from my immigration lawyer that a replacement card will be issued, but would take anywhere from 2 to 6 months...so I continue to wait for a chance to get home and see all the family and friends I left behind, and a chance to start bringing over my vast JMJ collection.

It had always been my intention that in the first batch of stuff I bring over then that PLD tape will be with me. In fact it will be with my carry on luggage, because I don't want to take the chance in it being part of a lost luggage scenario.

Once I have the tape here I can now get converted to digital format's. My brother in law does freelance video editing and animation, he said he'd convert the tape for me without a worry. Even my own technical ability and resources have improved significantly since 2005, hell, if the worst came to the worst I would run an audio feed from a VHS player into my Mac and record and edit it with Logic, perhaps even improve the quality a little...who knows?

I do own the tape, it's not in my possession, and it is my intention to convert it into formats to share with all who want it.

Regards,

Vermillion

So, long story short, he had the tape at home, was going to give it to Geejee for a dvd trasfer. At that time, met a woman, moved to USA, left the tape at home, didn't get his green card, without greencard couldn't go back. It was also about 3 years ago. I think it's safe to assume he's got his greencard now and probably has traveled back to UK already. Maybe even brought the VHS back to the US, assuming he still lives in America. I tried contacting him, but got no response. I'm not even sure if he still uses the email mentioned in the profile...His last visit was "Fri Sep 17, 2010" .

Perhaps Geejee could be of any help ? Geejee If you're reading this, have you spoken to Vermillion after he moved to the states?

Finally Version 3

This:

Equinoxe 5 Rendez-Vous 4

If you look at the comments, User named Dlloyd1990 said
Jon, thats the footage I gave to Nicolas.
I'm pretty sure I've tried writing him, but of course he never replied...

And here's more, but apparently from a worn copy of the above tape.

Paris-Camera 1
Calypso 2
Equinoxe 5
Rendez-Vous 4

As you can see, the quality here is quite bad, but still very viewable. That was uploaded by the user "RareJarre". Check out his channel, you'll find more truly rare footage... Ok so, I tried sending him a message offering a possible trade, but guess what? He had enabled a friend lock. (lol What?) That's right. I must be added as a friend first, to actually send him a PM... What a bummer..Anyway, I left a comment on his channel, got no response of course....

TO BE CONTINUED...
Post Posted Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Dominc

If you look at the comments, User named Dlloyd1990 said Quote:

Aero62 you could have asked me on here in a PM, besides I always send replies to messages on Youtube and I've checked my Inbox on there and I've got no messages from you.
It's more fun to compute on the Autobahn
Post Posted Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 pm
AERO62

Dominc wrote:
If you look at the comments, User named Dlloyd1990 said Quote:

Aero62 you could have asked me on here in a PM, besides I always send replies to messages on Youtube and I've checked my Inbox on there and I've got no messages from you.
Ok, so I was referred to another person but he's not answering, so I've come to a deadend yet again.

Meanwhile, another unseen camcorder of the Defense concert has recently surfaced. Unfortunately, it's heavily cut because the author had only 1 hour tape, as a result almost every song is incomplete there, also the video quality is... well...average, the colors are kinda bleak, but It's better than nothing. Now we know that there are at least 4 different bootleg versions of the concert. Maybe soon even more will be found ? Out of 2 million people, I imagine maybe at least 10 people had camcorders ? I was also wondering, could there be any bootleg footage of the dockland concert ? I can't believe so many people attented and not a single one had a camera. Were they afraid to get it wet ? Or maybe someone did record it but is yet to show the tape ? After all, the guy who just shared his PLD camcorder came out of nowhere... I'm just guessing here...

Btw, I'm sorry I haven't been uploading anything lately, I got distracted with another project and all my hard drivers are full again, so untill some space is freed my hands are tied. Hopefully that's not going to take too long.
Post Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 am
AERO62

I just realized, my dvd copy of the versailles concert was not made from master tapes. It's more like 2-3rd generation at best. There's an mp4 file over on ftp, and I checked it, the picture is more compressed but clearer..Which means, it was transfered from a higher quality tape (probably original one). Which also means, someone must've made these bad mp4 encodes, of mont-saint-michel,as well as versailles, as well as houston. It's fair to assume, that person has every mentioned bootleg on dvd. I could as well be Nico, haven't seen him here in a while.

My searches haven't progressed much ,but it keeps surprising me how much footage there is circulating among fans. Like there's that guy who had been re-editing docklands, as well as la defense, and guess what? He used pieces of a bootleg during intro. It's one of those recordings that I keep trying to get hold of. God, bootleg hunt is exhausting...

• 2020 Zoolook.nl