BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
JMJ in the new Trax magazine (july/august 2011)
Author Message
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3754
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:51 pm   JMJ in the new Trax magazine (july/august 2011)



2 pages of interview. JMJ talks about new album (this summer he's going to work on it), Australia project linked to the new album, Jelling convinced Jarre to play more on festivals.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
Robi 

Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6670
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:15 pm   

Thankx Jones!
I'm fine with all the things can be read in this interview! :)

/You may put on JMJ facebook? Many fans can read it...at least, what we can read in the article. :wink:
_________________
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3754
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 pm   

I don't have the magazine (yet), just got this from a friend who lives in Paris.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News


Age: 48
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 25672
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:35 pm   

Hope there will be scans, please. :D
_________________
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
 
Starcat 


Age: 39
Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 69
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 am   

That sounds great!!! :D
_________________
Starcat =* *=
 
shadow 


Age: 28
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1638
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 am   Re: JMJ in the new Trax magazine (july/august 2011)

Dr_Jones wrote:
2 pages of interview. JMJ talks about new album (this summer he's going to work on it), Australia project linked to the new album, Jelling convinced Jarre to play more on festivals.


Great :D

Dr_Jones wrote:
2 pages of interview. JMJ talks about new album (this summer he's going to work on it), Australia project linked to the new album, Jelling convinced Jarre to play more on festivals.


Crap :|
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
Robi 

Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6670
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:02 pm   

What crap???????????

I have also heared about it and I think it sounds great! This would be an amazing Australian project!!!
_________________
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
 
Starcat 


Age: 39
Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 69
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 pm   

Well, I think he commented "crap" on Jarre participating on more festivals.
_________________
Starcat =* *=
 
Big time 


Age: 44
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 2743
Location: CPH Denmark
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 pm   

WARNING!! Do NOT play Oxygene 4 (and stuff like that) to an 2012 festival audience.. Not if you want to stay RELEVANT & be taken SERIOUSLY...

I understand you had to play it 20 years ago, but times has changed (In case you didn´t notice)...
_________________
King of smileys :D
 
shadow 


Age: 28
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1638
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm   

Starcat wrote:
Well, I think he commented "crap" on Jarre participating on more festivals.


This really... I really would like him to focus fully on the new album, and then give one major concerd, then doing a new album, while still giving concerts every day... I really doubt that will work out good :|
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
jeanbatman 


Age: 42
Joined: 13 May 2007
Posts: 1510
Location: Lille, France
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:26 pm   

Tell U2 they shouldn't play "Where the streets have no name" anymore...

Or Paul Mc Cartney "Yesterday"...

This was OK 20 years ago... :)
_________________
Aerozone / Jarre-live.fr / Jarre-fan / JMjarre Fan (english)
http://www.twitter.com/webringJMJ_fr
 
Big time 


Age: 44
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 2743
Location: CPH Denmark
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm   

jeanbatman wrote:
Tell U2 they shouldn't play "Where the streets have no name" anymore...

Or Paul Mc Cartney "Yesterday"...

This was OK 20 years ago... :)


You can´t compare U2 with Jarre, U2 is rock, and if they play "Where the streets have no name" on a big festival/or on their own tour, it will sound big, rocky and modern enough. Why? Well, co´s it´s Rock! If Jarre plays out Oxygene 4 on a big festival, well... It will STILL sound like the track from 76´ being performed in 2012... Did I really have to explain that for you? :D
_________________
King of smileys :D
 
Robi 

Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6670
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm   

shadow wrote:
Starcat wrote:
Well, I think he commented "crap" on Jarre participating on more festivals.


This really... I really would like him to focus fully on the new album, and then give one major concerd, then doing a new album, while still giving concerts every day... I really doubt that will work out good :|


Opinions.....

new album + one major concert , worked well for Docklands, PLD...

I wonder why a fan would think that a major concert and a new album together would fail. It's mystery.
_________________
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
 
Robi 

Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6670
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:10 pm   

Big time wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
Tell U2 they shouldn't play "Where the streets have no name" anymore...

Or Paul Mc Cartney "Yesterday"...

This was OK 20 years ago... :)


You can´t compare U2 with Jarre, U2 is rock, and if they play "Where the streets have no name" on a big festival/or on their own tour, it will sound big, rocky and modern enough. Why? Well, co´s it´s Rock! If Jarre plays out Oxygene 4 on a big festival, well... It will STILL sound like the track from 76´ being performed in 2012... Did I really have to explain that for you? :D


Why would cause shock if people would listen to track of 1976 in 2012?
Beside , anyway, it is more than true that he MUST do concerts with BRAND new tracks, but skipping a hit just because some people think "why a '76 music in 2012".....hmm.... :)

It is merely ridiculous to think for Jarre only in this issue. The majority of musical acts should then forget their initial, breakthrough hits.
_________________
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
 
Jon 


Age: 49
Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 7838
Location: (UK) On the toilet reading a newspaper
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:46 pm   

Robi wrote:
shadow wrote:
Starcat wrote:
Well, I think he commented "crap" on Jarre participating on more festivals.


This really... I really would like him to focus fully on the new album, and then give one major concerd, then doing a new album, while still giving concerts every day... I really doubt that will work out good :|


Opinions.....

new album + one major concert , worked well for Docklands, PLD...

I wonder why a fan would think that a major concert and a new album together would fail. It's mystery.


Example - T&T, look what happened to that :wink:
_________________
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
 
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB modified by Przemo © 2003 phpBB Group
Template FIBlack modified by Falcone
Page generated in 0.14 second. SQL queries: 12