Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ in the new Trax magazine (july/august 2011)

Post Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Online Now
Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

shadow wrote:Joy that's my favorite place in the world :D

:punch:
Sweet! :punch:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 am
GlennFolkvord

Jon wrote:Oxy4 is a classic track with a classic cult following. It does not fit into a festival. A festival does not cater for the "older" generation. Festivals are mainly packed out with younger blood whose most likely have never heard of JMJ
That depends entirely on which festival he is doing, doesnt it? In Oslo 2010 15.000 people came, most of them for Jarre, not the younger hipper Royksopp that played before him. Not all festivals aim at the younger crowd. Besides, most festival crowds are open to various kinds of music, that's why you go to a festival that isnt purely rock or purely rap.
Jon wrote:If JMJ was to take an approcah like Electronic Night, that could work better.
In case you dont know, ENight wasnt a great success with the audience. Many booed, and many left. I was there, but stayed, of course. Personally I think it was a bold and great concept, but not my style of music entirely, and it is doubtful that the young techno crowd would feel JMJ is a big draw no matter his remixes. (I believe Jarre did the concert that way because he didnt want to repeat CPLT from 3 years earlier at the same location.)
Post Posted Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 pm
Robi

If the festival idea growing any further, I think he should change the concept. He could perform all tracks he is performing now, but with updated versions. More like 2000s style.
For festivals, he should leave teremin, for sure. If he would play at any of the festivals - mainly a US festival - that audience wouldn't understand many bits of his performance. Teremin is among of these.

I don't know if he could conclude a new tour next year? Do you think the recent leg is the last leg? Could he continue touring in 2012?
Outside of Europe? Surely.
Here on the old continent, openairs and festivals. With upgraded tracks, new concept. A little bit, at least...
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"

• 2020 Zoolook.nl