Warning: include(/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/cache/board_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: include(): Failed opening './cache/board_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.6.21/share/pear') in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 547
:: View topic - JMJ launches education campaign
Warning ! cookie path is empty! Check in in the Admin Control Panel or set it in the PhpMyAdmin table: prefix_config - cookie_path row
 Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
JMJ launches education campaign
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Posted:    JMJ launches education campaign [ !!! ]

[color=orange][size=24][b]JMJ launches education campaign[/b][/size][/color]

[i]French electronic music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre launched a campaign in Sofia Monday to support education around the world and called for other music and sports celebrities to join in.

"From this night on I will give one cent of every ticket for the purpose of education. And this will be until the end of my life," the musician said during his first show in the Bulgarian capital Sunday night.

"It is a very simple idea, which I wanted to launch in Bulgaria. From now on until the rest of my life in all my concerts I will do this and I will encourage all my colleagues to do it," Jarre told AFP in an interview.

"One cent per ticket is nothing. But if we multiply it by the number of performers, the number of tickets sold for concerts, the seats in cinemas, the newspaper copies sold, the sports events, we will have the budget for education ready tomorrow morning."
Jarre, 63, a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Educational and Scientific and Cultural Organization, launched the campaign in Bulgaria to honour UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova, who hails from there.

The money collected will go to the UN Education for All movement, Jarre said.
"Almost one billion people [in the world] cannot read or write," he underlined.
"And it is education that helps understand better climate change and economic problems and stamp out religious extremism. We know that it is also a way to solve many problems of women around the world," he said.

Jarre's show in Sofia Sunday night was the first in a tour that will also take him to Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine, Russia, Lithuania, the Scandinavian countries, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.[/i]

Source:
http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/2011/10/10/jean-michel-jarre-launches-education-campaign

GlennFolkvord

Posted:     [ !!! ]

Wow! Jarre strikes again!

Say what you will about the tracklists of his concerts, but he really is a good guy who deserve all the credit he can get!

Kanta

So impressed by the thought behind it. Great to think about my ticket(s) contribution. 8)

Black Bird

Good idea ! I hope he will not be alone :wink:

Kanta

Jean-Michel Jarre, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, supports young people's right to education:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jTsyOZ_VM4

Black Bird

:D Easily read from the Telepromter :wink:

[ REPLY ]