Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

Post Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

New to my ears to, then again I've only heard the entire track for like 3 times without falling asleep :punch:
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 am
thhedk

AERO62 wrote:Ok, I just found this footage before the concert and if you listen carefuly after 9:55, then you could hear the bits that aren't on cd version. I'm not sure if it's just an echo or not. And then the parts after 10:47 and 10:57 also sound new to me.

WTF! That is NOT an echo, it sounds like a new variation.
Post Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 am
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

thhedk wrote:
AERO62 wrote:Ok, I just found this footage before the concert and if you listen carefuly after 9:55, then you could hear the bits that aren't on cd version. I'm not sure if it's just an echo or not. And then the parts after 10:47 and 10:57 also sound new to me.

Then it's true, it must have been uncut version played before the concert.
Post Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:24 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

I remember reading (in COTM ?) that the CD version of WFC was an edited version of "highlights" from the full track. This recording seems to confirm that the full unedited version was played over the PA system before the La Defense concert.
I remember hearing WFC (or an early mix of it) playing in the background during the Concert D'Images exhibition in July 1989 - that version was very long also - well over an hour. I spent many hours over a period of a few days at that exhibition :-)
When I heard WFC on CD the next year, it took me a while to figure out why the title track seemed so familiar :-)
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:13 pm
AERO62

The question is - where can we find this unedited version in its entirety ? Was someone thoughtful enough to record it during that day? I've asked the uploader of the video but he hasn't replied :(
Post Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 am
chronos

AERO62 wrote:The question is - where can we find this unedited version in its entirety ? Was someone thoughtful enough to record it during that day? I've asked the uploader of the video but he hasn't replied :(
sorry bud, the question is this..

Why the heck do you want to listen to an hours worth of what is essentially back-round music whilst trying to find bits that's not on the cd version...
Post Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:53 am
AERO62

chronos wrote:
AERO62 wrote:The question is - where can we find this unedited version in its entirety ? Was someone thoughtful enough to record it during that day? I've asked the uploader of the video but he hasn't replied :(
sorry bud, the question is this..

Why the heck do you want to listen to an hours worth of what is essentially back-round music whilst trying to find bits that's not on the cd version...
Because I enjoy it, got a problen with that ? :o
Post Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 pm
AERO62

thhedk wrote:

I guess it was an echo after all. Same thing happened in Gdansk - http://www.mediafire.com/?k6wax4uc8pcjcns
Post Posted Mon May 19, 2014 7:20 pm
Pat1982

I was checking the French Wikipedia Wikipedia and saw this:
"On obtient alors le morceau complet à savoir : Concert d'images présent sur le CD offert durant « Jarre expo » et qui servit d'ambiance sonore à cette même exposition."

Translated: "One can optain the complete song on the givaway CD "Jarre expo" offered during Concert images and served as a soundscape to the same exposure."

This got me intrigued as I never have heard about that CD.
Does anyone else?

At this youtube video there supposedly is the 'full' version.
The picture shows videotheque de Paris (audio-visual, meaning the also have vinyl LP's), and the image is different from the book cover:

So does it really exist? And if not, then what is on the above 'videotheque' image?
Post Posted Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 pm
millau

Pat1982 wrote:I was checking the French Wikipedia Wikipedia and saw this:
"On obtient alors le morceau complet à savoir : Concert d'images présent sur le CD offert durant « Jarre expo » et qui servit d'ambiance sonore à cette même exposition."

Translated: "One can optain the complete song on the givaway CD "Jarre expo" offered during Concert images and served as a soundscape to the same exposure."

Does anyone else?

The picture shows videotheque de Paris (audio-visual, meaning the also have vinyl LP's), and the image is different from the book cover:

So does it really exist? And if not, then what is on the above 'videotheque' image?
In 1989 there was an exposition(Concert d'images) in Paris about jarre with pictures and some instruments of Jarre. The background music on the exposition was this track that came a year later out as "En attendent Cousteau". The track is longer than the CD version. I don't think that this track officialy was released.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Tue May 20, 2014 1:39 am
Pat1982

millau wrote:In 1989 there was an exposition(Concert d'images) in Paris about jarre with pictures and some instruments of Jarre. The background music on the exposition was this track that came a year later out as "En attendent Cousteau". The track is longer than the CD version. I don't think that this track officialy was released.
Ofcourse I know all that (I have the book that is why compared it with the other image). I was reffering to an unknown cd-release that someone edited on wikipedia.
Post Posted Tue May 20, 2014 7:52 am
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Why hasn't anyone actually asked Jarre himself what the exact situation is with this track? I most certainly wouldn't mind buying a full version of the track even if it is the only track on the cd :nod:
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue May 20, 2014 11:42 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Pat1982 wrote:I was checking the French Wikipedia Wikipedia and saw this:

Does anyone else?

I do not believe this. It's been 25 years and no-one has even mentioned this CD once. I know some of the people in the Jarre community are very secretive (the infamous Whitfield Street acetates seem to have some different versions/remixes of songs and some of the fans own these CDs for years), but all us collectors have never ever seen anything related to this Jarre Expo CD.

Even with the auction catalogue of Music for Supermarkets out there, I would imagine people who attended this expo mentioning this CD anywhere, since there were more ppl at the Concert d'Images than at the MfS auction.
Post Posted Wed May 21, 2014 12:32 am
Pat1982

Dr_Jones wrote: I do not believe this. It's been 25 years and no-one has even mentioned this CD once. I know some of the people in the Jarre community are very secretive (the infamous Whitfield Street acetates seem to have some different versions/remixes of songs and some of the fans own these CDs for years), but all us collectors have never ever seen anything related to this Jarre Expo CD.

Even with the auction catalogue of Music for Supermarkets out there, I would imagine people who attended this expo mentioning this CD anywhere, since there were more ppl at the Concert d'Images than at the MfS auction.
I know, it is almost unbelievable. But yet, what is that in the picture?
It is not the book cover nor the poster from concert d'images.

I found the user who put that about quote on Wikipedia in 2008, he seems to be from France since most of his thousands of contributions are about France-related things.
I could also trace to IP adress to be owned by the French railways, so it must be a person that works there.

And the uploader from that youtube video is also French (from Orleans).
He is clearly also a Jarre-fan, as he visited some concerts and had dozens of other Jarre videos.
The could be one and the same person?

However I found a German guy who went to concert d'images, and does not mention any cd-giveaway...
http://www.doreen-und-rainer.de/topics/jarre3.php
So the conclusion must be:
- the Wikipedia editor made a mistake or put false info online?
- the image on youtube is an unknown poster or a photoshop, and the music a fake reproduction?
Post Posted Wed May 21, 2014 5:54 am
Christophe

Pat1982 wrote: I know, it is almost unbelievable. But yet, what is that in the picture?
It is not the book cover nor the poster from concert d'images.

- the image on youtube is an unknown poster or a photoshop, and the music a fake reproduction?
When I see the photo I think it's a banner in some sort of plastic that they put at a wall. And, yes, they are sometimes different to the other artwork of the exposition. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

• 2020 Zoolook.nl