Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

Post Posted Wed May 21, 2014 12:01 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Dr_Jones wrote:I do not believe this. It's been 25 years and no-one has even mentioned this CD once. I know some of the people in the Jarre community are very secretive (the infamous Whitfield Street acetates seem to have some different versions/remixes of songs and some of the fans own these CDs for years), but all us collectors have never ever seen anything related to this Jarre Expo CD.

Even with the auction catalogue of Music for Supermarkets out there, I would imagine people who attended this expo mentioning this CD anywhere, since there were more ppl at the Concert d'Images than at the MfS auction.
Have these actually been 'released' regularly already or are people still being arses by keeping it for themself to look at them instead of actually, you know, listening to them?
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

shadow wrote:Have these actually been 'released' regularly already or are people still being arses by keeping it for themself to look at them instead of actually, you know, listening to them?
The latter... Most of them has not been shared. The Gagarin remix and an unreleased Tout Est Bleu Phats & Small remix have been shared though.

Anyway, Kanta posted this video from Keyboards magazine reporter Alain Mangenot, who visited JMJs studio several times and made some great reports (albeit in French, which is not my main language):

In the description, it says:
"après Révolutions et avant un CD de musique ambiante à tirage limité, une rencontre avec Jean-Michel Jarre"

After Revolutions and before a limited release CD, (we) meet with Jean Michel Jarre.

Might WfC been considered to be released in a limited print?

Anyway, the video is from around 1997, since a sleeve of Oxygene 8 is filmed too.
Post Posted Fri May 23, 2014 1:51 am
Pat1982

If it exists, it might be something like Interior Music in 2001: that was limited to 1000 copies, had no catalogue number, and was given for free to the invited guests at B&O.
Maybe at Concert d'Images it was the same, but even more limited?
Post Posted Sun May 25, 2014 6:56 pm
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

Pat1982 wrote:
At this youtube video there supposedly is the 'full' version.
I believe this is one of the faked "full" versions. Listen carefully, it ends around 45 min (cd) fades slowly into the 20-something vinyl version and then finishes off with the latter part of the cd track again. It's just been sliced and merged into a mysterious 75 minute version, which I believe first appeared on the FTP database, uploaded by a user who has posted in this very thread that he didn't know the origin of it either.
Post Posted Sun May 25, 2014 6:57 pm
AERO62

Trance007 wrote:I would like to add some mess (or maybe clean up the mess :pwned:)

I've uploaded 3 versions of WFC on the database
1) /MP3 - WAV/Albums-bootlegs/Singles, Remixes, Versions, Covers, Miscellaneous/Concerts d'images (En attendant Cousteau 74 min 26).flac
I got this CDR from a Jarre fan some years ago. I don't know if it's true or a fake.
There it was.
Post Posted Sun May 25, 2014 7:03 pm
AERO62

If somebody's got the right synths and is more musically saavy, you could maybe use this midi file http://musicnoteslib.com/tabs/Jean_Mich ... 35677.html , copy the notes from the lead piano synth, then use some kind of algorithmic software to program the same notes so it can generate different sequences, then add some FX effects, change or extend the notes on the backing synths and maybe a whole new track will come out ?
Post Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:06 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Dr_Jones wrote:
shadow wrote:Have these actually been 'released' regularly already or are people still being arses by keeping it for themself to look at them instead of actually, you know, listening to them?
The latter... Most of them has not been shared. The Gagarin remix and an unreleased Tout Est Bleu Phats & Small remix have been shared though.
Well, it doesn't surprise me that some people would hold on to stuff like that just because...

... but out of curiousity, do these hyper-exclusive rarities include anything nice from Paris La Defense? >.>
Post Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:53 pm
shadow

Finaero wrote:
Dr_Jones wrote:
Well, it doesn't surprise me that some people would hold on to stuff like that just because...
I don't either, but I find it utterly selfish and discusting. Just share it with people already, it's not like the value of the actual disc will lessen. Music (but also films btw) get lost this way because someone doesn't bother sharing the entire (or different) thing for whatever reason...
Post Posted Sun May 14, 2017 4:01 pm
AERO62

Hey guys,

Just decided to check up on this again and my old post with the link claiming there's some new parts of the track might after all be the only proof available. I later wrote that it must have been echo, but to be honest I can't say for sure. It seems somebody kept the recorder next to the speaker since the sound does not change throughout this video excerpt. Understandably it must have been windy so they simply replaced the audio with what had been recorded from the PAs. I have noticed if it really had been the echo, then why has it disappeared at some point ? THat's what got me curious once again. I also posted that the same 'effect' appeared on the Gdansk radio broadcast, but it may actually have been the full tracked played there as well (can't say for sure, lost the files now).

Ok, I just found this footage before the concert and if you listen carefuly after 9:55, then you could hear the bits that aren't on cd version. I'm not sure if it's just an echo or not. And then the parts after 10:47 and 10:57 also sound new to me.

As for the Concert D'images uploaded here There is some abnormalities as well. At 36:54 and 46.03 for instance some skipping/ CD defects (?) appear , even though seems like the sound has been sliced from vinyl and CD, I'm gonna have to recheck this once more before saying anything for sure...
Post Posted Tue May 16, 2017 5:07 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

et moi wrote:... but out of curiousity, do these hyper-exclusive rarities include anything nice from Paris La Defense? >.>
Still interested in an answer to this question. ;)
Post Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:49 pm
Synner

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 8

On a related note - has anyone got an MP3 version of the vinyl edit?

I've been looking for it for years on digital - I have all the bootleg extended edits, but the one thing I don't have is the edited version.
Post Posted Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:23 am
The Sound-Oven

Synner wrote:On a related note - has anyone got an MP3 version of the vinyl edit?

I've been looking for it for years on digital - I have all the bootleg extended edits, but the one thing I don't have is the edited version.
Hi

I should have the cassette version, which features the 22 edit. I could dig it up and rip the recording to MP3. send me a PM.

Is the edit not on YouTube?
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:28 pm
jarrepaul

The Sound-Oven wrote:
Synner wrote:On a related note - has anyone got an MP3 version of the vinyl edit?

Hi

I should have the cassette version, which features the 22 edit. I could dig it up and rip the recording to MP3. send me a PM.

Is the edit not on YouTube?
Bootleg extended edits?????????
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 pm
Synner

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 8

Yes, there are at least two extended versions - one just under an hour, and another nearly 90 minutes. There's links to them in this thread. They are both hacked together from the cd and vinyl versions.

The one thing I can't find anywhere is the shortened version from the LP / cassette version, which is a genuine Jean Michel Jarre track, edited by him for the original release, but never re-released.
Post Posted Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:14 pm
shadow

If I'm not mistaken it's just the CD release that edits the beginning and part of the later part together. I think I have the vinyl rip somewhere on my PC.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl