Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

Post Posted Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:58 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

shadow wrote:If I'm not mistaken it's just the CD release that edits the beginning and part of the later part together. I think I have the vinyl rip somewhere on my PC.
The vinyl / cassette version is a proper bespoke edit. I uploaded a vinyl rip to the (dead) database here a few years back ...
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:46 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I've got a FLAC rip, if needed.
Post Posted Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:17 pm
Synner

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 8

FLAC is good.
Post Posted Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 pm
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

I've noticed something else i've never really cared to share because it's most likely my imagination, but has anyone actually heard words or voices sampled in the track? Could be that I have a trained ear for detecting speeches , but I hear "Hello", "No solution, no solution" and "Programmniy/problemniy otchet" (which is russian for - Program report or error/problem report).

- you can check it at this link. There's "Hello" or some other word at 22:41, and the rest at 26:12. It repeats randomly here and there.

Don't take this seriously though. I might be hearing things.

Also I've got some flacs from Vinyl , never had the cassette version though.
Post Posted Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:22 pm
DJoA

AERO62 wrote:I absolutely love this track. What a divine melody... but It's only 45 minutes :(
So It occured to me -what if there's a longer one?

So , can anyone shed some light on this and has anybody ever heard a version longer than 45-50 minutes?
Well, i've "made" (just mixed) Waiting for Cousteau for 3 hours? is that ok? :)

you can find it here: https://youtu.be/_1QTd4bxGUE

I hope you enjoy it, like i do ;)
Listen to the music spin,
around the planet and lets, come together...

I fly in the sky, I fly like a sputnik...

Gagarin
Post Posted Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:16 am
AERO62

DJoA wrote:
AERO62 wrote:I absolutely love this track. What a divine melody... but It's only 45 minutes :(
So It occured to me -what if there's a longer one?

So , can anyone shed some light on this and has anybody ever heard a version longer than 45-50 minutes?
Well, i've "made" (just mixed) Waiting for Cousteau for 3 hours? is that ok? :)

you can find it here: https://youtu.be/_1QTd4bxGUE

I hope you enjoy it, like i do ;)
Sorry pal, it's not okay. The whole point of this thread is to find the original unedited mix of the track. Not copy/paste the same piece to make it last infinite hours.
Post Posted Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am
DJoA

AERO62 wrote:
Sorry pal, it's not okay. The whole point of this thread is to find the original unedited mix of the track. Not copy/paste the same piece to make it last infinite hours.
No problem :) but do you really think it exists?

Gagarin
Post Posted Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:04 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

We've heard pieces here and there over the years that don't seem to appear on either the CD or vinyl release, so we know that there's at least something more to it than the 47 minute version. The question is, is that actually part of a longer version, possible alternate version or just part that was edited out for various reasons.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:25 am
Finaero

Dr_Jones wrote:
shadow wrote:Have these actually been 'released' regularly already or are people still being arses by keeping it for themself to look at them instead of actually, you know, listening to them?
The latter... Most of them has not been shared. The Gagarin remix and an unreleased Tout Est Bleu Phats & Small remix have been shared though.
Well, it doesn't surprise me that some people would hold on to stuff like that just because...

... but out of curiousity, do these hyper-exclusive rarities include anything nice from Paris La Defense? >.>
Not to be a pest (actually, it's far too late for me ;)), Dr_Jones, but I'm not going to pursue this matter any further (i.e. asking people for copies or anything), just let me know (if you know)... do these special things that these people will never share include a possibly full-length high-quality unedited etc. recording of the Paris La Defense concert?
Post Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:17 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Finaero wrote:Not to be a pest (actually, it's far too late for me ;)), Dr_Jones, but I'm not going to pursue this matter any further (i.e. asking people for copies or anything), just let me know (if you know)... do these special things that these people will never share include a possibly full-length high-quality unedited etc. recording of the Paris La Defense concert?
Audio? Yes. Video? I have never heard about it. But I have seen a short video of Equinoxe 5 on some news channel.
Post Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 pm
Finaero

Alrighty, thanks!
Post Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm
DJoA

shadow wrote:We've heard pieces here and there over the years that don't seem to appear on either the CD or vinyl release, so we know that there's at least something more to it than the 47 minute version. The question is, is that actually part of a longer version, possible alternate version or just part that was edited out for various reasons.
Well, there is one person who knows more about it.. JMJ himself... Why not ask him? Use Kanta, she is very "close" with him ;) :P

Gagarin
Post Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 am
AERO62

Well, somebody has finally interviewed JMJ a bit more thoroughly and found out that there is in fact an unedited version which lasts 77 minutes. And it is the one that is playing before the concerts.... So that's probably the only chance to capture it. :D

The info came from the fb fan group. It will be mentioned somewhere in here in part 3 I'm assuming. http://domino.elfworld.org/the-journey- ... d1X9xaCS6Q
Post Posted Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:52 am

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 9

I've got a version of 59'52". It contains material not found on the album version.
Post Posted Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:28 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Curious if we'll ever het the entire thing, I really like the track.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

• 2020 Zoolook.nl