BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Is there an audience recording of the Gdansk concert 2005?
AERO62 

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:30 pm   

shadow wrote:
Great thanks, just wondering before hand. How is the audio quality of the live broadcast..? That of the DVD and CD are rather lousy with way to much bass and the volume being push way to high for it's own good. Is the live broadcasts (Radio aswell as TV) alot better, or just as lazy mastered..?

Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to that. All I can say is -it's not live-ish enough in my opinion and you don't hear fireworks during the songs. Other than that, it's alright and probably less loud compared to official dvd.

Check it out on youtube and judge for yourself.

shadow 

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:37 pm   

Will check on the YT, but they also sometimes change audio so not sure that's why I asked. Also for DVD releases they really should add an option of audio track with and without audience noise in the background. Perfect solution for CD rips :nod:

Edit: watching right now and skipped to Chronologie Part 2 a rather loud track on it's own and the volume is topnotch, doesn't go higher then 20% that I've seen in the last minute, so that part of the audio is already better then the DVD's... Sad but true :roll:
But the radio broadcast sounds even worse then the DVD, to bad...

Edit 2: It actually sounds more different from the DVD then I thought it would, now this I like... ALOT! :nod:

Edit 3: Jarra is clearly not playing the accordeon live, love his mistake at 1:23:00. And looking at Jarre's counter part (Francise Rimbert) playing live and stops at: 1:24:45 because his wrist start to hurt. Love to see that actually, adds to it :D

AERO62 

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 pm   

shadow wrote:
Will check on the YT, but they also sometimes change audio so not sure that's why I asked. Also for DVD releases they really should add an option of audio track with and without audience noise in the background. Perfect solution for CD rips :nod:

Edit: watching right now and skipped to Chronologie Part 2 a rather loud track on it's own and the volume is topnotch, doesn't go higher then 20% that I've seen in the last minute, so that part of the audio is already better then the DVD's... Sad but true :roll:
But the radio broadcast sounds even worse then the DVD, to bad...

Edit 2: It actually sounds more different from the DVD then I thought it would, now this I like... ALOT! :nod:

Edit 3: Jarra is clearly not playing the accordeon live, love his mistake at 1:23:00. And looking at Jarre's counter part (Francise Rimbert) playing live and stops at: 1:24:45 because his wrist start to hurt. Love to see that actually, adds to it :D

You are really good at these little details aren't you, detective? :D

shadow 

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:01 pm   

I notice what I notive :P

shadow 

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:00 am   

Sorry to bump this topic, but AERO62 do you still have the files? THe download links are dead and I lost the original files after someone in my house hold decided to clean my HDD from certain files :roll:

AERO62 

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm   

shadow wrote:
Sorry to bump this topic, but AERO62 do you still have the files? THe download links are dead and I lost the original files after someone in my house hold decided to clean my HDD from certain files :roll:

Hey buddy. It's been like forever. I do have the files in my old house. Luckily I still do have a connection to the computer from there. Haha. Brilliant, I know. I've thought of everything. So I'll try to get them back eventually. If anyone's still interested.

Reply to topic