Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Remastered Albums 2014 and 2015

Post Posted Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:01 am
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

ZZERO wrote:(…)the mean intention(…)
No one can say it better. :pwned:
Post Posted Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

The corrected version (as available on Spotify) of Rendez-Vous actually is pretty good - as in, best of the 2014-15 remasters and not even that ear-grating one at that. For example, if you listen to the RV remaster first and then switch to another one of the new remasters, well, the differences are actually quite notable. To me, at least.

(Still wouldn't recommend any of the remasters if you already have a previous - more or less ANY previous - edition of the albums)

Chronologie is definitely the worst of the remasters and it'd be nice if it was corrected, but...
Post Posted Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:40 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

ZZERO wrote:I mean that if JARRE is a pionner of the high quality sound, if he spent so many time in Jarre Technologies' stuff he must take special care in his releases.
These systems sound good, but they're nowhere near pioneer in any wya shape or form.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:03 pm
shadow

Bought myself the original release of Rendez-Vous on CD. It sounds so good! :nod:

Edit: Also got myself the recalled remaster of Rendez-Vous. Half way through Fourth Rendez-Vous and wow. This remaster is absolutely glorious for all the wrong reasons. Not even counting the lack of speed correction on the second track this sounds absolutely terrible... And I'm not even using my headphones yet...
Post Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:47 pm
starmike

shadow wrote:Bought myself the original release of Rendez-Vous on CD. It sounds so good! :nod:
The problem with the original release of Rendez-Vous on CD is that IV has a mistake on it. There's an extra beat in the intro. The cassette and vinyl versions from 1986 are correct. This drove me nuts for years so I eventually removed it using Audacity. The new remastered version is corrected.
Post Posted Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:31 pm
shadow

I can manage with one small extra beat, plus removing it yourself is easy like you did ;)
Post Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:45 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

starmike wrote:
shadow wrote:Bought myself the original release of Rendez-Vous on CD. It sounds so good! :nod:
The problem with the original release of Rendez-Vous on CD is that IV has a mistake on it. There's an extra beat in the intro. The cassette and vinyl versions from 1986 are correct. This drove me nuts for years so I eventually removed it using Audacity. The new remastered version is corrected.
? I don't hear it. I have the French 1986 CD as a reference, listening to it right now. Can you tell me when it happens in the song?
Post Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:28 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Are you referring to the flangered Minipops Quiro(sp?) sound opening the track (like in the 1997 Sony version or the 2015 Sony version)?

I always thought that was nicer than the simple fade-in (like in the 2014 Truly Horrible version).

And, for that matter, not shoddily edited "fake extension" like in the post-1997 Ethnicolor (man, I still can't believe I never noticed that before this year!).
Post Posted Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:55 pm
Icarus

I don't know if it has already been said but Qobuz released the remasters and the Recollection, they are available in lossless 24 bit for 15.39 €.
It's not really cheap but with the coupon "8161BF81" you can have 10% off.

I also discovered the single "If" with the music by JMJ. I only listend to the extract but it's nice.

Post Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 pm
Stubie

Icarus wrote:I don't know if it has already been said but Qobuz released the remasters and the Recollection, they are available in lossless 24 bit for 15.39 €.
I'd be really interested to find out what their mastering is like - whether they're like the recent CD releases, or whether they're like Recollection. Recollection doesn't have the 'stuck in a box' sounding 1kHz boost, or the fake extra stereo separation.

Unfortunately, I can't find out myself. Between Qobuz, Pono, HD Tracks, Acoustic Sounds and Technics (7digital), these newly available lossless 48/24 versions are not available in Canada. I'm someone willing to throw money at them, and they won't take it. I really hate the music industry sometimes!
Post Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:57 pm
worcell

just a simple question, cause my head aches about reading all this... the 2014/15 remasters are the only one commonly availible in stores. Are they so bad, that somone who is new into JMJ should not buy them? Can a "normal" person not have a pleasure from listening to them? (im not an "audiophile" at all, not have a super hig end audio set)
Post Posted Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:10 am
shadow

Can you enjoy it? Probably. Do I recommend it? No not at all, they're terrible and anyone who'll listen to it through a headphone will notice it.
Post Posted Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:31 am
worcell

Well... all I listened to sounded well for me. I have doubts with Equinoxe, cause i noticed that later parts of pt 8 have worse sound quality than rest of the record but from what i read it is sadly the master tapes issue?
Post Posted Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:57 am
shadow

I doubt the master reel is in a bad shape after the success of Oxygene, but probably just a bad copy along with a bad remaster. Every remaster since 2011 has been absolutely terrible and has many, many, many flaws. Hell they used a deteriorating copy tape of Rendez-Vous that had constant audio fluctuations in the first two tracks and it was an amazing incompetent move.
Post Posted Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:11 am
worcell

shadow wrote:I doubt the master reel is in a bad shape after the success of Oxygene, but probably just a bad copy along with a bad remaster. Every remaster since 2011 has been absolutely terrible and has many, many, many flaws. Hell they used a deteriorating copy tape of Rendez-Vous that had constant audio fluctuations in the first two tracks and it was an amazing incompetent move.
Not sure about others, but equinoxe is the only one i have also from 1997 edition RM and final part of part 8 sounds also weird there.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl