BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Jarre Remix EP (2)
Author Message
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3713
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 pm   Jarre Remix EP (2)

I created this thread to discuss the 2nd Remix EP

Remix EP (2) will be released in November this year and will contain at least a remix of If..! which you can make yourself:
https://www.talenthouse.c...re-little-boots

You can download 6 seperate stems of the track including the acapella track.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
shadow 


Age: 28
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1629
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:13 pm   

Edit: Ignore me, it just took ages for the download to start! :nod:
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News


Age: 48
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 25437
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:33 pm   

jeanbatman wrote:
The If remix contest could have its own thread… :idea:
_________________
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
 
jeanbatman 


Age: 42
Joined: 13 May 2007
Posts: 1499
Location: Lille, France
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:58 pm   

Kanta wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
The If remix contest could have its own thread… :idea:

I never read Doctor Jone's threads :pwned: :nod:
_________________
Aerozone / Jarre-live.fr / Jarre-fan / JMjarre Fan (english)
http://www.twitter.com/webringJMJ_fr
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3713
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 pm   

jeanbatman wrote:
Kanta wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
The If remix contest could have its own thread… :idea:

I never read Doctor Jone's threads :pwned: :nod:



grrrr :-P

anyway, this is about Remix EP[2], not the remix contest itself.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News


Age: 48
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 25437
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 pm   

Dr_Jones wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
Kanta wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
The If remix contest could have its own thread… :idea:

I never read Doctor Jone's threads :pwned: :nod:



grrrr :-P

anyway, this is about Remix EP[2], not the remix contest itself.

But the article mentions both. :fine:
_________________
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
 
AFAN Alessandro Fantini 


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Location: Italy
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:49 am   

Hi all

After submitting my own track for the "Zoolook revisited" contest I thought I could try to create my very first remix.
So I've worked out a downtempo version with an additional theme reusing almost every original sound provided in the stems.
https://soundcloud.com/afan-alessandro-fantini/afan-alessandro-fantini-if-hieratic-remix-jarrelittle-boots

Thanks for listening and have a great day!
_________________
Life is a spot of matter shaped by the brush of a drunken God (Alessandro Fantini)
 
jeanbatman 


Age: 42
Joined: 13 May 2007
Posts: 1499
Location: Lille, France
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 am   

AFAN Alessandro Fantini wrote:
Hi all

After submitting my own track for the "Zoolook revisited" contest I thought I could try to create my very first remix.
So I've worked out a downtempo version with an additional theme reusing almost every original sound provided in the stems.
https://soundcloud.com/afan-alessandro-fantini/afan-alessandro-fantini-if-hieratic-remix-jarrelittle-boots

Thanks for listening and have a great day!

Now, that's what I call ethearal! Spooky track.
Nice artwork!
_________________
Aerozone / Jarre-live.fr / Jarre-fan / JMjarre Fan (english)
http://www.twitter.com/webringJMJ_fr
 
Finaero 


Age: 30
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5327
Location: Finland
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:28 am   

Well, the winner is JAVI GREX

https://twitter.com/talenthouse/status/665283393106538496
https://soundcloud.com/javigrex/javigrex-if

Congrats! Even though I think his Glory remix should have been in the previous Remix EP instead. ;)
 
plate of chips 

Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 231
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 pm   

AFAN Alessandro Fantini wrote:
Hi all

After submitting my own track for the "Zoolook revisited" contest I thought I could try to create my very first remix.
So I've worked out a downtempo version with an additional theme reusing almost every original sound provided in the stems.
https://soundcloud.com/afan-alessandro-fantini/afan-alessandro-fantini-if-hieratic-remix-jarrelittle-boots

Thanks for listening and have a great day!


Exceptional. Interesting. Artistic.
A whole album would be most welcome.
 
VinylScratch 


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 48
Location: not at 48.865475, 2.321128 ;)
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:25 pm   

Out of curiosity I just downloaded the stems and checked how they fare dynamic-range-wise.
And lo and behold...
Code:

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR14     -15.45 dB   -32.10 dB      3:05 ?-IF - ACCAPELLA
DR16     -13.39 dB   -32.58 dB      3:05 ?-IF - BEAT
DR15     -18.06 dB   -39.52 dB      3:05 ?-IF - EXTRA GIMMICK + ARP
DR17     -19.67 dB   -45.01 dB      3:05 ?-IF - FX
DR15     -20.41 dB   -39.80 dB      3:05 ?-IF - SYNTH MIX
DR12     -13.78 dB   -29.60 dB      3:05 ?-IF - TUNED DISTORDED BASS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that should make it possible to more or less re-create the original song with better dynamics. Any takers? :wink:
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3713
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:51 am   

VinylScratch wrote:
Out of curiosity I just downloaded the stems and checked how they fare dynamic-range-wise.
And lo and behold...
Code:

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR14     -15.45 dB   -32.10 dB      3:05 ?-IF - ACCAPELLA
DR16     -13.39 dB   -32.58 dB      3:05 ?-IF - BEAT
DR15     -18.06 dB   -39.52 dB      3:05 ?-IF - EXTRA GIMMICK + ARP
DR17     -19.67 dB   -45.01 dB      3:05 ?-IF - FX
DR15     -20.41 dB   -39.80 dB      3:05 ?-IF - SYNTH MIX
DR12     -13.78 dB   -29.60 dB      3:05 ?-IF - TUNED DISTORDED BASS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that should make it possible to more or less re-create the original song with better dynamics. Any takers? :wink:


Already did. But it's slightly different, because one stem is missing (some "fat" noise and the bass at the end for example).
_________________
KHDownloads
 
Jote 


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 721
Location: Lodz, Poland
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:26 pm   

Congrats to Javi Grex. I was going to participate in the contest, but I didn't have the time (sic!) and besides, I would never be able to top his work. I absolutely love what he did with the chords (they do not work 100% with the verse melody, but the chorus sounds brilliant), it reminds me of ABBA/Bodies Without Organs.

Nevertheless, it's really a high quality remix and it's much much much better than the Zero Gravity (which hardly resembles the original) and Glory (they don't even have the triplet signature!) from Remix EP 1.

If you are not familiar with Javi's work, I urge you to check out his Stardust cover/remix at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxyE0-X_b_I . His version of Glory is also very good, although he obviously had to recreate most of the vocals himself.
_________________
airwolfthemes.com
 
AFAN Alessandro Fantini 


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Location: Italy
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:49 pm   

plate of chips wrote:
AFAN Alessandro Fantini wrote:
Hi all

After submitting my own track for the "Zoolook revisited" contest I thought I could try to create my very first remix.
So I've worked out a downtempo version with an additional theme reusing almost every original sound provided in the stems.
https://soundcloud.com/afan-alessandro-fantini/afan-alessandro-fantini-if-hieratic-remix-jarrelittle-boots

Thanks for listening and have a great day!


Exceptional. Interesting. Artistic.
A whole album would be most welcome.


Thank you very much for your comments.
I've got some quite stimulating reviews also on Soundcloud and Talenthouse that could let me reconsider my usual reluctance at "remixing" pre-exisiting tracks.
Actually I prefer to compose and curate the sound design and ambience of my own original tracks and soundtracks (you can find a wide selection of them on my Soundcloud channel while on Bandcamp, Spotify and Deezer there are some of my concept albums produced over the last 5 years).
I thought I'd take the opportunity to work for the first time on the stems of an original Jarre's track in order to test my own ability to transmute it through my synesthetic vision (indeed I was willing to give a more esoteric pace and spacious development to the song since the first time I heard it).
Thanks again for listening (and congratulations to the winner of the contest).
_________________
Life is a spot of matter shaped by the brush of a drunken God (Alessandro Fantini)
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3713
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:34 am   

AFAN Alessandro Fantini wrote:
I've got some quite stimulating reviews also on Soundcloud and Talenthouse that could let me reconsider my usual reluctance at "remixing" pre-exisiting tracks.
Actually I prefer to compose and curate the sound design and ambience of my own original tracks and soundtracks (you can find a wide selection of them on my Soundcloud channel while on Bandcamp, Spotify and Deezer there are some of my concept albums produced over the last 5 years).
I thought I'd take the opportunity to work for the first time on the stems of an original Jarre's track in order to test my own ability to transmute it through my synesthetic vision (indeed I was willing to give a more esoteric pace and spacious development to the song since the first time I heard it).
Thanks again for listening (and congratulations to the winner of the contest).


Please keep on topic. This is about Remix EP[2], not Zoolook Revisited.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB modified by Przemo © 2003 phpBB Group
Template FIBlack modified by Falcone
Page generated in 0.43 second. SQL queries: 11