Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Guitar Slinger revisited

Post Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:34 am
Armandox

Likes received  : 1

For this track I went back to my roots at the Commodore 64/Amiga from the times we used to make music with just 4 tracks on Protracker or Fasttracker. Any people here from the demoscene btw? Jogeir Liljedahl from Norway, way back in 1992 created such a beautiful, organic tune with some 31 samples on 4 tracks, and the tune came in at just shy of 400kb! If you search for the 'MOD' on Google I'm sure you'll find it. There's some great Protracker/Fasttracker clones for PC and such out there aswell. I myself can truly recommend Milkytracker btw. I used it in the recreation process of this song.

Without any further adue, my remake of Guitar Slinger. Enjoy everybody and keep on listening to, making and producing music... Music is the only language (besides mathematics) the whole world speaks as one!

Jogeir Liljedahl - Guitar Slinger (Armandox 2015 Remake)
Post Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:50 pm
simesky

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 3

Wow, what a great post, I didn't know that you could do acoustic sounding music with a tracker. There is something very satisfying in those 4 track compositions. I have been a fan of this type of thing since I was a kid, playing Pinbal Fantasies...Check out the amazing soundtrack by Olof Gustafsson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yml8PLtFyy4

Anyway, congrats for you cover, did you record a guitar in real time or is it sequenced like the original? I like what you did with the new instrumentation for the lead and drums :)
Post Posted Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:41 am
Armandox

Likes received  : 1

simesky wrote:Wow, what a great post, I didn't know that you could do acoustic sounding music with a tracker. There is something very satisfying in those 4 track compositions. I have been a fan of this type of thing since I was a kid, playing Pinbal Fantasies...Check out the amazing soundtrack by Olof Gustafsson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yml8PLtFyy4

Anyway, congrats for you cover, did you record a guitar in real time or is it sequenced like the original? I like what you did with the new instrumentation for the lead and drums :)
Thanks for the kind words Alex :) I never heard Pinball Fantasies before, but it's a great tracked song now that I heard it. As for my remake, the rhythm-guitars are from Jogeir himself. For the acoustic and electric-guitar solo's I used Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2. My goto plugin for drums usually is Arturia Spark Vintage Drum Machines. In this case I used the Lynn 9000. Cheers mate!
Post Posted Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:47 am
simesky

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 3

For the acoustic and electric-guitar solo's I used Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.
Ah, I thought I spotted the awesome Omnisphere choir towards the end of the song. Very effective use, by the way. Keep up the good work!
Post Posted Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:41 pm
VinylScratch

Finally a remake of one of my favourite tracker songs, and a really good one at that. :D
Along with the Agony theme this one probably has the most "accoustic" feel among all of them.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl