Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Finally someone unlocked the front door... ;)

Post Posted Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:10 pm
VinylScratch

Greetings from a long-time lurker who until now was very disappointed about the disabled registration - finally that problem is fixed now! :)

I've been a JMJ fan since 1990 when I heard MAZUR and Waiting for Cousteau at a friend's home for the first time.
Though I have to admit at the time I didn't get the point of wasting an entire LP side on something that barely sounded like music at all. ;)

Until I got the CD version later that year as a gift that is ... first I was completely floored by the fact that the title track was twice as long on CD. That got me intrigued and I decided to give it a second chance.
Bottom line: with every listen it slowly dawned on me how brilliant this song actually is, and now it is one of my absolute favourites and ranks among the best instrumental compositions of the 20th century, right up there with Rhapsody in Blue.

I bought Chronologie the day it was released, and various older releases (Oxygene, Equinoxe, Zoolook, Rendez-vous Houston/Lyon, Revolutions) over the years as well, and of course the Oxygene sequel.
After that I somehow lost track of JMJ's music until I got the Jarre in China DVD - my first encounter with "loudness-war"-style mastering, which was rather disappointing, even though the concert itself was quite good.

After the Teo & Tea trainwreck and the subsequent looooong silence I was really surprised that a new album is out, but that's a topic for another thread...
Post Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:33 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

Bonjour and welcome to the forum. :)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009