Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ announced for Sonar Festival Barcelona 17 Jun 2016!

Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:47 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I remember someone actually complaining how JMJ doesn't play the synths live in the Oxygene 4 music video. After that point you realize there's 0% content to any part of this "debate".

Of course, JMJ gets accused of other wild things too - such as not composing Oxygene or Equinoxe. In fact, if JMJ made a track with a Rembrandt violin, "fans" would be complaining about Rembrandt having composed the song. ;]

(That's the interesting difference between JMJ fans' and non-fans' attitude to this stuff. JMJ fans go all "OH NO MICHEL GNEISS COMPOOSED OXYGENS", non-fans go "does that matter, it sucks anyway" - "OH NO, HE FAKED DA SYNTH PLAYING" "who the hell wants to hear him live anyway")

But here's my honest opinion on all this: I'm really not interested in seeing a JMJ playback gig live (well, not in this form).
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:47 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Please keep PSB out of this discussion: and
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:55 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

Dr_Jones wrote:(…) That's a sign of our times. Just like people rather being on Facebook than on forums like this.
Yes, it's a bit too much of an effort to do something else than putting a thumb up…
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:00 pm
Black Bird

Christophe wrote:
Dr_Jones wrote:
JiggyAlienEyes wrote:Sorry if this has been asked somewhere already (fb...) but I didn't get to watch the live stream because the website wanted credit card info. I wasn't into that so I stewed at work all day

Is there a place to watch the concert that isn't youtube clips? Culturebox doesn't seem to show it, but it's 3am and I'm not too awake. Is this something that will eventually pop up?
there was no stream, there was no broadcast, there was nothing except people with mobile phones filming with abysmal sound and (mostly) epileptic seizure inducing camera work. The later videos are a lot better for the eye, but for the ear it's all been bad so far.
Yes, it hurt my ears and my eyes. But we can get an impression how it was. The best so far is the short video that we get on Jarre's facebook and youtube channel but the sound that we hear is like the albumversions. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
For me a concert always implies a live experience. I pay for it and not for a TV show.
I know for almost two years (by an employee) that he is pursuing a special concept this time, and in the spring he had hinted in interviews that he more think about a kind of "DJ - Show".
I `m not surprised at the result, but we can of course ask the question: Where is the boundary between tolerable-possible playback and a real concert experience? After all, a sequencer also belongs to the standard equipment of an electronic musician and is the counterpart to "live". :wink:
If I could choose: I want to see JMJ with so many musicians on stage that he really can play anything live. ! :)
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:52 pm
JiggyAlienEyes

Dr_Jones wrote:
JiggyAlienEyes wrote:Sorry if this has been asked somewhere already (fb...) but I didn't get to watch the live stream because the website wanted credit card info. I wasn't into that so I stewed at work all day

Is there a place to watch the concert that isn't youtube clips? Culturebox doesn't seem to show it, but it's 3am and I'm not too awake. Is this something that will eventually pop up?
there was no stream, there was no broadcast, there was nothing except people with mobile phones filming with abysmal sound and (mostly) epileptic seizure inducing camera work. The later videos are a lot better for the eye, but for the ear it's all been bad so far.
There wasn't?? Then why was the Sonar site offering a direct link to the live stream, and once you clicked on it it took you to the site that offers free streaming concerts - provided by sonar (or so it seemed) and then they wanted you to put credit card info? I'm nearly positive this was the case since I was at work flipping the fuck out and storming around because I refused to give them my card info? None of you watched it at all??? How would you even know it was "playback" then?!
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:06 pm
Dr_Jones

JiggyAlienEyes wrote:There wasn't?? Then why was the Sonar site offering a direct link to the live stream, and once you clicked on it it took you to the site that offers free streaming concerts - provided by sonar (or so it seemed) and then they wanted you to put credit card info? I'm nearly positive this was the case since I was at work flipping the fuck out and storming around because I refused to give them my card info? None of you watched it at all??? How would you even know it was "playback" then?!
I think you were almost conned, because Sonar provided a link to Red Bull Music Academy Radio, which streamed music from Sonar up to 22:00 that day, icat.cat, a catalan radio station which broadcast some concerts and Culturebox.fr which broadcast certain video streams. All for free. I don't know which link you've used but all the audio and video streams were open for everyone.
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:02 pm
JiggyAlienEyes

Dr_Jones wrote:
JiggyAlienEyes wrote:
I think you were almost conned, because Sonar provided a link to Red Bull Music Academy Radio, which streamed music from Sonar up to 22:00 that day, icat.cat, a catalan radio station which broadcast some concerts and Culturebox.fr which broadcast certain video streams. All for free. I don't know which link you've used but all the audio and video streams were open for everyone.
It says that it was free - but they wanted the card info to go along with the "free membership". It was super annoying and disappointing since I waited all day for it. Youtube also offered a link to the alleged stream, but it just linked back to the same place. Oh well...so I guess I will never see what was shown on there if it even was. Maybe me being in the USA affected it.
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Vumiko

JiggyAlienEyes wrote:
Dr_Jones wrote:
JiggyAlienEyes wrote:
It says that it was free - but they wanted the card info to go along with the "free membership". It was super annoying and disappointing since I waited all day for it. Youtube also offered a link to the alleged stream, but it just linked back to the same place. Oh well...so I guess I will never see what was shown on there if it even was. Maybe me being in the USA affected it.
I'm in the USA too...the entire show was uploaded by someone in YouTube BTW.
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 pm
Dr_Jones

JiggyAlienEyes wrote:It says that it was free - but they wanted the card info to go along with the "free membership". It was super annoying and disappointing since I waited all day for it. Youtube also offered a link to the alleged stream, but it just linked back to the same place. Oh well...so I guess I will never see what was shown on there if it even was. Maybe me being in the USA affected it.
You don't need to register, all links are here:
https://sonar.es/en/2016/sonarlive

Culturebox' video stream: https://sonar.es/en/2016/culturebox
RBMA live stream: https://www.rbmaradio.com/events/sonar
iCat.cat radio stream: https://sonar.es/en/2016/icat-cat
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:05 pm
JiggyAlienEyes

Vumiko wrote: I'm in the USA too...the entire show was uploaded by someone in YouTube BTW.
That crowd shot one of the whole show here, right?
Post Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

If anything at least JMJ gave us a laugh when he forgot what keyboard he was miming on during Oxy 8 :lol:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:12 am
Vumiko

JiggyAlienEyes wrote:
Vumiko wrote: I'm in the USA too...the entire show was uploaded by someone in YouTube BTW.
That crowd shot one of the whole show here, right?
Yeah.
Post Posted Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Sonar Festival

June 17th, 2016

Jean-Michel Jarre kick-started the new 'Electronica World Tour' in Barcelona at Sonar Festival, with a new stage setup and new tracks from the Electronica albums + new arrangements of some classic tracks.

Musicians
Jean-Michel Jarre
Claude Samard
Stephane Gervais

Setlist
1. The Heart of Noise
2. Automatic
3. Oxygène 2
4. Circus
5. Web Spinner
6. Exit
7. Équinoxe 7
8. Conquistador
9. What You Want
10. Oxygène 8
11. Zero Gravity
12. Brick England
13. Immortals
14. The Architect
15. Oxygène 4
16. Équinoxe 4
17. Glory
18. The Time Machine
19. Stardust

Source: http://jeanmicheljarre.com/tour/sonar-festival
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:16 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

New one hour video from Sonar:
Post Posted Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:22 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

Domestos wrote:
Oxygene 8: all one has to do is watch his performance on YouTube. At the beginning of the 2nd verse the lead is playing but poor JMJ is at the wrong keyboard, but once his realizes this, it's too late....the curtain had been lifted.
Yeah you're right. Ouch.

Awwwww soooo sweeeet :smoke:

JmJ soooooo sweeeet natured :peacemaan:

GrandPa Jarre's memory not what it was :bravo:

• 2020 Zoolook.nl