Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica 2: The Heart of Noise by Jean-Michel Jarre

Post Posted Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Recently gave both albums another spin, there's really good stuff with the music. But for me, it has a very nasty taste because of the publisher with that Deluxe Boxset. I remember that stuff was missing, downloads were bad (and never corrected ffs!), communication was a bloody mess, no one knew what the deal was with the two sets and five year on, it still bothers me whenever I try listening to the album. They never fixed the broken downloads for Part 2, the extras were garbage, one of the remixes was missing on the USB stick, no 3D audio, making of's were still being release on YouTube but weren't included on the USB stick. Everything about Part 2 was just so ridiculously rushed and the lack of an ultimate version like the original had with all the songs mixed together was the worst.

I'm still unsure how Jarre okay'd the second part as it is. Quality assurance was thrown entirely out of the window on this release. It was ridiculous :(
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 pm
mikezero

I've just acquired the fan box set of Volumes 1 & 2.

The download codes were unused, ie, not scratched off, but upon entering the URLs, no great surprise, they are no longer accessible.

My question is, what have I missed for the download content of Volumes 1 & 2 and where can I obtain them?

Thanks in advance.
Concerts attended:

Destination Docklands 1988
Europe in Concert Wembley 1993
Oxygene Tour Birmingham 1997
Oxygene 30th Anniversary Royal Albert Hall 2008
Indoor Arena Tour (part 1) Wembley & Birmingham Arenas 2009
Indoor Arena Tour (part 4) Birmingham 2010
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:43 pm
Dr_Jones

Online Now
Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Of course. Digital content memory loss.

The fan box downloads content? I believe that was both the albums and the continuous mixes of both albums. The continuous mix of the first album is very interesting: it's a long mix of all tracks glued together with intermediate pieces.
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 pm
Synner

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 8

24 bit uncompressed WAV versions of both albums, promo videos for Glory and If, track stories BTS videos of some of the songs (which are all to be found on YouTube). Some mostly naff remixes too, and the continuous mix has slightly different versions of some of the tracks, as I recall. Emphasis on ‘slightly’ - some songs are replaced with their ‘3D’ (supposedly surround sound) mixes - Rely On Me, for example, is a bit different to the normal version. There’s more extra stuff for V1 than there is for V2.
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Was there anything in those downloads that was not on the USB sticks in the Deluxe boxes?
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:41 pm
SF01

Likes received  : 2

Jote wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm Was there anything in those downloads that was not on the USB sticks in the Deluxe boxes?
No.
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:16 pm
shadow

There was a early trailer of the album in the download, on the USB stick there was a finalized one. They were very similar, but it included a early sample of 'Swipe To The Right'.
mikezero wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 pm I've just acquired the fan box set of Volumes 1 & 2.

The download codes were unused, ie, not scratched off, but upon entering the URLs, no great surprise, they are no longer accessible.

My question is, what have I missed for the download content of Volumes 1 & 2 and where can I obtain them?

Thanks in advance.
I'm so scared of the day that I might lose the 5.1 mixes of Planet Jarre. I have multiple backups, but still. In this digital day and age, you never know.
Post Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:45 pm
Dr_Jones

Online Now

Synner wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 pm 24 bit uncompressed WAV versions of both albums, promo videos for Glory and If, track stories BTS videos of some of the songs (which are all to be found on YouTube). Some mostly naff remixes too, and the continuous mix has slightly different versions of some of the tracks, as I recall. Emphasis on ‘slightly’ - some songs are replaced with their ‘3D’ (supposedly surround sound) mixes - Rely On Me, for example, is a bit different to the normal version. There’s more extra stuff for V1 than there is for V2.
Those were the contents of the Deluxe box set, right? The digital downloads for the Fanbox were the basic albums plus continuous mixes afaik.
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:10 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

SF01 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:41 pm
Jote wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm Was there anything in those downloads that was not on the USB sticks in the Deluxe boxes?
No.
I seem to recall that the Deluxe Box was missing "The Train and the River" remix, while the fan box had it? Or am I mistaking releases?
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Chrono93

Likes received  : 3

The Train And The River Remix was indeed missing from the USB stick (or at least from mine) that came with the second Electronica deluxe bundle (which was quite annoying since I was unable to find the track available on its own to buy). But AFAIK everything else was mostly the same.
By the way did they ever fix the Continous Mix of Electronica 2?
And finally just curious did anyone one else have any minor errors with their bundle? When I received mine I got four prints instead of three but two of them was of the same person (Jeff Mills). Didn't complain though since I felt there was no point but always wondered since if anyone else found something like this in their bundle?
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:16 pm
Dr_Jones

Online Now

Jote wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:10 am I seem to recall that the Deluxe Box was missing "The Train and the River" remix, while the fan box had it? Or am I mistaking releases?
If I remember correctly, the fanbox downloads were the albums plus a video trailer for each album.
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm
shadow

Chrono93 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:32 pmBy the way did they ever fix the Continous Mix of Electronica 2?
And finally just curious did anyone one else have any minor errors with their bundle? When I received mine I got four prints instead of three but two of them was of the same person (Jeff Mills). Didn't complain though since I felt there was no point but always wondered since if anyone else found something like this in their bundle?
They never fixed the Continuous Mix since there was nothing to fix, that was just how it was. They never bothered actually making a proper mix like with the first album. I have a feeling it was because the (online) store was being closed down for another store and they just rushed it out the door. The download link that would offer the official .mp3's were just a super loud noise with the track buried deep within all the noise. They promised a correction, but never delivered.

And yeah, they would send two new prints if you ordered the box. I think they printed one finger print on each side instead of over each other (or other way around). I don't remember which fingerprints I got, but I do remember getting new ones in the mail eventually.

With all this , there's a reason why the album still gives me a sour after taste. I still regret not doing a charge back, they delivered half of what they were supposed to deliver. But hindsight...
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:09 pm
SF01

Likes received  : 2

Also I have 2 short white noise segments on thr first track of Part 2, anyone else has this problem?
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:19 pm
Dr_Jones

Online Now

Yeah, that was posted earlier in this topic. Someone called it The Heart of White Noise
Post Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:35 pm
Synner

Likes received  : 8

Dr_Jones wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:45 pm
Those were the contents of the Deluxe box set, right? The digital downloads for the Fanbox were the basic albums plus continuous mixes afaik.
No, I've got the fanbox I think - looking at the listings on discogs.com, the only real difference is the deluxe set had a different cover - titled 'Electronica Project' - with gold trimmings and numbered certificate and USB stick - the fanbox is missing those. Although their listing appears incorrect, as it implies the downloads were only with the deluxe set, where in fact, the downloads for the fanbox were:

Vol 1:
The album, 3D mixes, Megamix (continuous mix but with different versions of some tracks - not mentioned anywhere - only found out years later when I played it by accident), 5 different mixes of IF, 1 remix of Glory, promo videos of IF and Glory, Track by Track stories, and selection of press photos of Mr J.

Vol 2:
The Album, continuous mix (just the album tracks stitched together - nothing different this time), trailer promo videos for both Volumes, EPK for both, Track by Track stories, remix of Stardust, Train & River, 3 x mixes of Suns Have Gone, another 4 x mixes of If, and some more press photos.

All music comes in MP3 and 24 bit uncompressed WAV formats - and the downloads for mine for both volumes are fine - no glitches or white noise.

Also, CD's & Vinyl versions of both albums for those that way inclined (never played or even opened either, digital is much better, IMO), and a selection of prints of artwork for both albums.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl