BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Another new album by Jean Michel Jarre
Dr_Jones 

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:11 pm   

Jote wrote:
Why are you skeptical of those youtube previews, Jones? You don't like them or are you questioning authenticity?

They are all things we've already heard from the FranceInfo TV channel (at least, I 've heard them on that channel). Nothing in the previews give me the impression they're from the CD. In September, they re-recorded stuff with orchestra for this release, I can't hear any orchestra in the samples. So I'm a bit sceptical, but we'll know this Friday for sure.

Jote 

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:58 pm   

Dr_Jones wrote:
Jote wrote:
Why are you skeptical of those youtube previews, Jones? You don't like them or are you questioning authenticity?

They are all things we've already heard from the FranceInfo TV channel (at least, I 've heard them on that channel). Nothing in the previews give me the impression they're from the CD. In September, they re-recorded stuff with orchestra for this release, I can't hear any orchestra in the samples. So I'm a bit sceptical, but we'll know this Friday for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02S7Kuxf_c

This seems like more or less a full length track, could it have been just recorded off TV? Anyway I haven't heard this particular music yet.

Also, I didn't know there was a "re-record", although I recall something about orchestra being involved, but I thought it was just recorded like this from the beginning.

Quote:
Because it's not a 'proper' album, per-se?

"Proper" or not, it's still a release containing music by JMJ, pretty sure a decent amount of people would be interested in it?

Black Bird 

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm   

Dr_Jones wrote:
Jote wrote:

I think the preview 1 has some strings ...but for the whole album I think it will be a mixture on it. (The original recordings by Jarre and the later Modifications ) :wink:

Domestos 

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am   

Jote wrote:

"Proper" or not, it's still a release containing music by JMJ, pretty sure a decent amount of people would be interested in it?

Yeah but when has his record label ever done anything helpful?

Jote 

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:41 pm   

Not sure what you are getting at, Electronica had excellent promotion, Oxygene 3 promotion was pretty decent, Radiophonie promotion is non-existent.

Goudeskitchen 

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:07 pm   

The bol.com page has been updated with a 'product description' but don't know how accurate it is!

De zender France Info bestaat sinds 1987. Het is een publieke nieuwszender. In 2016 lanceerde France Info een project van een nieuwe openbare service-informatie televisiezender. En het is Jean-Michel Jarre die werd gekozen om nieuwe muziek (jingles) te componeren voor France Info (radio en TV). Hexagone 1-99 is het voorbeeld van de nieuwe visuele en auditieve identiteit.

Translated:

The station France Info was founded in 1987 which is a public news service. In 2016, France Info has launched a project of a new public service television channel information. And it is Jean Michel Jarre who was chosen to compose new music (jingles) for France Info (radio and TV). Hexagone 1-99 is the example of the new visual and aural identity.

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/...00000072612103/

06/10/2010: Tour '2010': CIA, Cardiff, Wales
04/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales
08/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England

My stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/jonathangoode

Fraxis 

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:11 pm   

99 new Jarre tracks this year already! I think that's a record for him. ;-)

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:39 pm   

I've got the CD. And yes, it's got 99 tracks. Some are 9 seconds, some 10, some 2 or 3 minutes.

It's all small bumper tracks you can expect from a radio and tv channel. Some are extensive background tracks. Most are variations on one theme, the main theme of Franceinfo.

It's got a lot of ringtone material.

shadow 

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:50 pm   

That sounds really good! I hope I'll be able to purchase it in a few weeks along with Return to Ommadawn!

Jon 

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:33 pm   

Nice surprise to kick off the new year... and ordered from Germany.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

lacobo 

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:11 pm   

Received "Radiophonie Vol.9" today. Most of the 99 tracks sound more or less the same (although vary in length), but there are some gems between them. For me the most interesting track is "Hexagone 61" which has the feeling of Jarre's pre-Oxygene(1) work. Nice!

Bert.

Jote 

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:21 am   

My tip for listening to Radiophonie is to put all tracks into playlist and sort them by duration in DESCENDING order (longer goes first)!

Jon 

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pm   

Of the 99 tracks spanning 62 minutes there are a small handful of lengthy tracks, a few gems too. But the 80+ you could class as Jarre Alert Tones for your mobile devices. I am sure someone could have a field day taking all the segments and making one or two mixes. Certainly repetitive, but that is the point, and so its more a fan collectible as apposed to your standard album. Must be the largest amount of same name tracks with Jarre's name to it - HEXAGON 1 - 99

:peacemaan:

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Jote 

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 pm   

Jon wrote:
Must be the largest amount of same name tracks with Jarre's name to it - HEXAGON 1 - 99

Begs for ONE MORE though, doesn't it? ;)

shadow 

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 pm   

Haven't come across this CD anywhere and ordering will potentially take days to, if not, weeks. Really want to listen to this, but availability is a mess sadly :(

Reply to topic