Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The Saint-Exupery project

Post Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:27 am
Robi

You remember, this was rumoured in fall of 2006 that new album would be "dedicated" to Saint Exupery, but we got T&T...

Do you remember what JMJ said about modification of this project? What did you hear?
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

Why? Can't you remember. :punch: :j/k:

All :kanta: remember is that JMJ was gonna dedicate the new album to Antoine de Saint Exupéry. He mentioned it on a French programme. I think it was Tenue de Soirée. :fine:

I read The Little Prince because of this info. A very good book, indeed. 8)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Yeah, and he was also talking about the project that would evolve like a growing tree and such. :smoke:

It doesn't bother me, really, if you wouln't have brought it up, I wouldn't have cared to remember it... :robertdugenou:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:54 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

Oh yes, I started to find trees fascinating then. :robertdugenou:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 pm
melo

I reopen this topic again because I got the video from 2006 in which Jarre is interviewed at Tenue de soirée.

So someone who understands French could really tell if this album Jarre promised Saint-Exupery, or if the fans actually 'spaced out'....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TzNqJygms

edit: Date of this TV program was broadcast on France: 16 September 2006
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Post Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:24 pm
Robi

I don't know details on your question, just wanna say that, as jeanbatman has said also, I would be glad if this project would come true...
Post Posted Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:56 am
Herr Dunkel

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 10

Hi Melo,

Here are the bits where they talk about Saint-Exupéry:

[Very beginning of video]
Michel Drucker (host): Jean-Michel is in the studio, he's preparing an album for the beginning of next year, it's highly expected, its title will be Saint-Exupéry.

[End of video]
Drucker: Now, let's talk about your current work. Your next album is dedicated to Saint-Exupéry, from Lyon...

JMJ: Yes, it's not directly linked to his work but I wanted to dedicate it to Saint-Exupéry, simply because I've gone back to Saint-Exupéry's works to compose this album, which is not complete yet, it will be out sometime later this year. He's always been a fascinating character to me, that's to say, the great writer that everyone knows (he's probably the French author that is the most read around the world) and at the same time he's an explorer, a great traveller. Earlier [in the show] I said there have been great travellers originating from Lyon, and Saint-Exupéry may be among the greatest. And he's a bit the godfather of the Internet: he went and weaved webs with his plane [ed. he was an air pilot for the Aéropostale and flew a lot in Africa and South America], and in that sense he's someone extremely modern and so I wanted to dedicate my next album to him, and dedicate it to the City of Lyon at the same time.

=====
Really strange that nothing ever popped up about it again. I can only see Vintage that could be somewhat associated to Saint-Exupéry.

One funny anecdote. Among his friends, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry was nicknamed "Saint-Ex", which sounds the same as (Elka) Synthex (when pronounced in French ;-)

Cheers,

HD
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 am
melo

Many thanks Herr Dunkell really was a great help. I always had doubts that he really had talked about this project.

And always got that conspiracy theory, Jarre did the hastily "Teo and Tea", because your project on Saint-Exupery was rejected at Warner, but never had more news about this.
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Post Posted Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:54 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

melo wrote:Many thanks Herr Dunkell really was a great help. I always had doubts that he really had talked about this project.

And always got that conspiracy theory, Jarre did the hastily "Teo and Tea", because your project on Saint-Exupery was rejected at Warner, but never had more news about this.
And that is probably the project that is "close to him". He once said he'll release an album with collaborations (which will be a double album right now) and a digital only release of a project that is close to him.
Post Posted Tue May 09, 2017 2:17 pm
melo

I am reopening the topic again, three years later ... it seems that Jarre himself decided to speak. Interview published in the Chicago newspaper, where Jarre will play for the Electronica Tour. The subject was about the book "The Little Prince", but Jarre talked about the project he had to abandon.

IE: And if people want to ground themselves,
they can always read – or re-read – Exupery’s “The Little Prince.”

JMJ: You’re absolutely right. It’s so universal.
I was involved with the family, because
they asked me at one point to get involved
with a project surrounding The Little Prince,
but it was too difficult so I gave up. But it’s
obviously something very symbolic and
very interesting, the idea of how isolated yet
how linked we all are. So I think people
should read “The Little Prince” today. And I
also think that would be really good advice
for Donald Trump. We should send him a
copy of the book, you know?

source: https://www.joomag.com/magazine/illinois-entertainer-may-2017/0372379001493658764?short
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Post Posted Tue May 09, 2017 3:17 pm
Robi

Haha

Would be cool as a next album project..!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl