Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new Revolutions + Chronologie / Chronology LP in April ?

Post Posted Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:11 pm
ChoccyUK

Did I miss something - what happened to the purple vinyls ? (amazon says they are black)
Post Posted Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:21 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

In other words, it's like Sony managed to screw up the release even before the actual release. Wow.

Anyhow, someone seems to be already selling the new vinyl on eBay https://www.ebay.de/itm/JEAN-MICHEL-JAR ... SwIo5azL4W
Post Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Even though I prefer black vinyl I'll try out the Chronology ltd blue edition on CDON.
At the moment I don't see any other option and this is really confusing. :nico:
At iMusic they both (Chrono and Revolutions) seem to be 180g purple vinyls.
Somehow every time you're buying (or trying to) a new release from JMJ it's like buying the pig in the sack. :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:41 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

12/04/2018
Via Jean-Michel Jarre

Releasing some very special re-mastered Vinyl with new artwork tomorrow for the 25th anniversary of Chronology and the 30th anniversary or Revolutions

https://lnk.to/JMJ_Chronology_25thAnniversaryVinyl

https://lnk.to/JMJ_Revolutions_30thAnniversaryVinyl

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 pm
Finaero

Thanks, Kanta.

So I guess it's safe to assume that the actual releases will be on black vinyl. Or maybe there already are purple/&blue ones in circulation, which will become rare(ish) collector items...

... so, people, place your bets! What kind of Sony shenanigans can we expect from this one? Off-center vinyls? Dadwater mixing miracles? (Then again, that one's a given) Missing track numbers + names from the labels / back of the sleeve? Stay tuned!
Post Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

They're probably going to use the Dadwater remasters which means Chronologie 1.1 and 1.2 are divided and all the usual problems.
Post Posted Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 am
Velodynamic

Now I'm placing my orders at every damn place that announces these releases in different colors. Lets see what's turning up and what doesn't! :evil:
How hard could it be to sell them on JMJ's official shop and leave it with that?
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:31 am
Finaero

@Dr_Jones: Damn, I had already forgotten about that. Not to mention the clock SFX starting way earlier than in other editions at the end of Chrono8...

But yeah, just got an email from CDON that the shipment of these records has been delayed.

Not expecting any colored vinyls to arrive (whenever anything will arrive to begin with) :P
Post Posted Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:44 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Jean-Michel Jarre new vinyls released on 13/04/2018

CHRONOLOGY [BLACK VINYL]

REVOLUTIONS [BLACK VINYL]

Photo showing the new artwork.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 pm
Velodynamic

Dr_Jones wrote:They're probably going to use the Dadwater remasters which means Chronologie 1.1 and 1.2 are divided and all the usual problems.
It is. Part 1 says 11'01, not 10'51. Part 8 says 5'09 and not 5'33. :roll:
A tiny hope left that they maybe, just maybe had less brickwalled vinyl masters.
It feels nice to at least have the old Revolutions vinyl without Dadwater effects. :P
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:03 am
Herr Dunkel

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 10

It's nice to have the back updated a bit (although I would have prefered the back of the Chronology CD remaster with the 5 people walking, an echo to the cover).

The typeface used for the word "REVOLUTIONS" is thinner than the original (that was nicer I think). "CHRONOLOGY" is slightly thinner too but it's not as obvious.

BUT they messed up the bottom of letters "C" of "MICHEL" and "J" of "JARRE" on Chronology. I just noticed it now, but it's not new, I just found out it's on the CD remaster too...

Come on now! They mess up both the audio and the artwork on purpose, don't they?
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 am
Finaero

Discogs entries for the two
https://www.discogs.com/Jean-Michel-Jar ... e/11865300
https://www.discogs.com/Jean-Michel-Jar ... e/11865439

Really can't "unsee" the sloppily cut off "C" and (second) "J" in Jarre's Chronologie title anymore. :|

Other than that, they do look pretty sleek... here's hoping they won't sound that bad.

(Assuming that they'll at least sound better than the 2015 CD versions, but that's not saying much :P)
Post Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 am
VinylScratch

If you zoom in on some of the pictures at Discogs you can read that they are indeed based on the infamous Dadwater remasters, as expected/dreaded.

I think it is high time for one of the audiophile reissue labels like MoFi or Speaker's Corner to get their hands on those original analogue tapes for a change...
Post Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 pm
chronos

So, no need to waste money on them?? I have an original Chronologie L.P. (Not Chronology) Noted that the new album starts side 2 off with pt4. Tempted to buy Revolutions, but will it sound any different/better ?? (apart from the title track)
Post Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

chronos wrote:So, no need to waste money on them?? I have an original Chronologie L.P. (Not Chronology) Noted that the new album starts side 2 off with pt4. Tempted to buy Revolutions, but will it sound any different/better ?? (apart from the title track)
If you have the 1993 one there's absolutely no reason to get this new release. The audio is based on a very bad remaster

• 2020 Zoolook.nl