Warning: include(/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/cache/board_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: include(): Failed opening './cache/board_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.6.21/share/pear') in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 547
:: View topic - Pet shop boys
Warning ! cookie path is empty! Check in in the Admin Control Panel or set it in the PhpMyAdmin table: prefix_config - cookie_path row
 Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Pet shop boys
Christophe

Posted:     [ !!! ]

PSB is still good for me! Better than most of pop crap nowadays... :wink:

Greetzzz...

Abi

The PSB will be on 'the one show' (BBC1) 7pm Wednesday night...

and Christophe.. you're so right.. so much better than some of the other stuff that even dares call itself music... :D

which will mean after seeing the PSB on tv tomorrow night, I'll have to pull my PSB collection out and work out why none of it is on cd or my laptop :-p

tinmachine

Thanks for the info Abi, I'll be watching. Have been adding all my PSB CD's onto iTunes over the last few days too! Have been listening to Fundamental the most - love the track Integral, and also a b-side to Minimal a newer version of "In Private" (which they originally did years ago with Dusty Springfield).

Also really love their new single "Love etc"... can't wait for the new album next week!

Christophe

Check "The Way It Used To Be" from the new album "Yes"! I like this song more that "Love Etc.". "Love Etc." is still neat but "The Way It Used To Be" is much better... 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...

Dr_Jones

I'm liking the whole album. Not as much as Fundamental, but I really love it. It's got a high quality pop music density comparable to Very.

And the bonus CD - Yes Etc. - is simply superb!

tinmachine

Is the album out yet - if so where? I thought it was March 23. Didn't know about the bonus CD either. I've pre-ordered it on iTunes as you get the Brits medley...

Just missed the One Show on BBC1 :-( have to watch it on iPlayer later!

Jon

The One Show was a bit poor. Im sure Chris smiled, but then again it could have been a muscle spasm as it was that quick. While on the subject of quick, they showed the video to Love Etc. . . . . . . all 20 seconds of it.

Dr_Jones

At least they talked about 10CC, saw them this month live in my city, which was great.

Anyway, the album is not officially out... I won't say much more.

Big time

The new album is simply amazing, you almost can´t get better popmusic than this! :)

"The way it used to be" is simply a pet shop classic! :)
"King of Rome" is a beauty (so is TWIUTB :)
"Pandemonium" is fun, damn catchy and also a Pet shop classic :)
"All over the world" is problably the next single (if not Pandemonium), and it´s damn great!! :D Also a Pet shop classic :)

And I could go on.... :)

A true pop album that problably won´t ever get dated! :)

IMO that is :)

Dr_Jones

I agree with The Way It Used To Be. Great song. I also love More Than A Dream and This Used To Be The Future (with Chris singing too!)

tinmachine

I absolutely love "Yes" - downloaded it today. I especially like the single "Love etc", it's absolutely brilliant, upbeat and catchy, and I think my other favourite after an initial listen is "Building a Wall" which has a cool bass sequence.

Have to admit, that considering this release as well as the superb Fundamental, the Pets output in the last few years has been somewhat better than a certain someone *ahem*...

Anyway, I think they are quite possibly the best UK pop group of all time :) (but I'm not counting Queen or Depeche Mode as pop!)

AnDrOiD

Hmmm... sounds like more of the same to me. :|

GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

It sounds pretty cool, but not cool enough to make me buy the album right away. I'll check it again in a year or 2, when it's in the bargain bins... :nod:

tinmachine

[quote="AnDrOiD"]Hmmm... sounds like more of the same to me. :|[/quote]

Yes - but more of the same can be a good thing - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Shame others didn't think like that 10-15 years ago... :P

As for bargain bin, *ahem* - I can think of another "duo" that appeared in a bargain bin pretty damn quickly! Enough said I think!

Anyway, back to Yes... listened to it a bit more, and am also thinking Pandemonium would make a great single, even though the first 20 seconds sound like an 80's version of the Doctor Who theme (at 21 seconds, I think the "wooowooowooo" line should kick in!).

And also "The Way It Used To Be" kind of reminds me of an Abba song, but I can't figure which one! But it's a great song never-the-less.

Jon

This new album is fantastic. Very synth pop, very catchy and VERY classic sounding Pet Shop Boys :bravo:

EDIT: Pandemonium does start off 'Dr Who'ish' with that bass. But the song to me would fit in a tv series. It has that feel to it.

TWIUTB is awesome.

Jon

[quote="tinmachine"]And also "The Way It Used To Be" kind of reminds me of an Abba song, but I can't figure which one! But it's a great song never-the-less.[/quote]

To me it reminds me of the ABBA song 'The Day Before You Came' from 1982.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9GzF7VJcKs

Jon

'Yes' is fantastic. Far better than Fundamental, and full of the PSB quirkyness and popness that made them the house hold name today. Infact, this album is the best thing they have done since the mid 90s.

Jon

Pet Shop Boys were on Channel 4's 'The Album Show' last night. They played two sets, Love Etc and Always On My Mind. They also had a brief chat with the shows presenter.

Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

I heard Love Etc. a few days ago and now again today. Nice track and very catchy :D

Robi

[i]Pet Shop Boys played their final concert of 2009 last night at the O2 Arena in London. The concert was filmed and recorded for release early in 2010 on both DVD and CD.[/i]

Hope JMJ's plan about this will go as smoothly as for PSB! About whichever 2010 concert...

Jon

That'll be a nice addition.

tinmachine

in case you didn't know (I only happened to spot it today doing some last minute shopping in HMV), as it doesn't seem to have had much promotion...

PET SHOP BOYS - CHRISTMAS EP
tracks:
All over the world (new version)
It doesn't often snow at Christmas (new version)
My girl
My girl (house mix)
Viva la Vida/Domino Dancing

price 5.99 UKP in HMV

it came out on 13 December

I've just downloaded it on iTunes - 3.95 UKP

The song It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas is particularly festive, although perhaps slightly misforecasted considering the weather at the moment. The lyrics and music are festively cheesy, but with a hint of (possibly deliberate) irony. The song My Girl is really quite good... bouncy synth electronica!

Jon

Looking forward to this "live" release set of CD and DVD from their London concert in December 2009.

Couple of nice gems in that list of tracks, such as 'Two Devided By Zero'

Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium - Live

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pandemonium-Live-Arena-London-December/dp/tracks/B0033ZF90U/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Track Listing (CD & DVD)

Disc: 1

1. More than a dream/Heart (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
2. Did you see me coming? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
3. Pandemonium/Can you forgive her? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
4. Love etc. (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
5. Go West (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
6. Two divided by zero (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
7. Why don't we live together? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
8. New York City boy (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
9. Always on my mind (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
10. Closer to heaven/Left to my own devices (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
11. Do I have to? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
12. King's Cross (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
13. Suburbia (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
14. Se a vida é/Discoteca/Domino dancing/Viva la vida (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
15. It's a sin (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
16. Being boring (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
17. West End girls (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)

Disc: 2

1. More than a dream/Heart (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
2. Did you see me coming? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
3. Pandemonium/Can you forgive her? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
4. Love etc. (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
5. Building a wall (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
6. Go west (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
7. Two divided by zero (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
8. Why don't we live together? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
9. New York City boy (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
10. Always on my mind (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
11. Closer to heaven/Left to my own devices (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
12. Do I have to? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
13. King's Cross (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
14. The way it used to be (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
15. Jealousy (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
16. Suburbia (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
17. What have I done to deserve this? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
18. All over the world (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
19. Se a vida é/Discoteca/Domino dancing/Viva la vida (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
20. It's a sin (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
21. Being boring (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
22. West End girls (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
23. My girl (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
24. It doesn't often snow at Christmas (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
25. Love etc. (Music video)
26. Did you see me coming? (Music video)
27. All over the world (Music video)
28. 2009 BRIT Awards Performance (feat. Lady Gaga and Brandon Flowers)
29. Audio Commentaryby Pet Shop Boys and Es Devlin

Dr_Jones

Looks like a great set! I can't wait to listen to the audio commentary, they are hilarious oftentimes.

Big time

I´m also sooooo looking forward to this!! In fact I´m counting the days until it´s release! :P Even when I sleep I´m counting! Not sheeps, but Pet shop days! :D

I´m also really looking forward to see/hear Two divided by zero again! It´s absolutely fabulous!! (As the boys would say!) :D Also can´t wait to hear Do I have to? again. One of my favourite Pet shop songs :)

In fact, I can´t wait to experience the whole damn Pet shop concert performance again!! :D I saw them here in Copenhagen in December, and it was bloody great! :P

Yeah you guessed right, I´m a Pet shop boys fan! :P Haha

[ REPLY ]