Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

From The Irrepressible Yankee

Post Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 am
Arianafal

I'm Emilie Conroy, and you may know me from other online projects. I chose "LaPucelle" as my moniker here for my deep and abiding interest in Jeanne D'Arc. I have been listening to Jarre since my father first bought Oxygene in 1976. Jarre's music has been the soundtrack of my life. He's always struck me as dynamic and soulful. He doesn't just think outside the box--he reinvents the box and takes us all on a journey of imagination.

But we know about Jean Michel. Here's a few things about myself.

BIRTHDATE: November 8, 1971 (and yes...trust me...there IS life after 40...)

SIGN OF THE ZODIAC: Which Zodiac?

SEX: Sure. Why not? I have a few minutes.

LIFE THEME IN A WORD: "Apocalypse"

SYMBOL: I use the Egyptian ankh to represent life force and living energy and as a mirror for self-reflection, but mostly to symbolize eternity.

STONES: Amethyst, amber, jade, citrine, moonstone

TOTEM ANIMALS: Dogs/wolves (physical) and rattlesnakes (metaphysical)

PATH: Second Discordian Reformed Church of Latter Day Gnostic Druids Twice Removed

FRAGRANCE: Lavender

ODD JOBS: Media maven, advocate and activist, court jester, thanatologist, web visionary, brain-to-pick at large, spirit dabbler

CAUSES CELEBRES: I'm giving what I can working for mental health awareness, elder health awareness, the American Diabetes Association (both of my parents are diabetics), the American Heart Association, breast cancer awareness, AIDS awareness, and incorporating all of these, the cause of health care. Oh, right...toss education and social reform in there, too, with a big dose of feminism.

HOBBIES: The odd and the strange, punk, punk rock, punk life, things gothic, taphophilia, snakes, classical historical religious reconstruction, reading, cryptozoology, movies, snowboarding (when possible), gardening (same deal), lurking in shadowed places, the occult (more a passion than a hobby) and various arts and crafts related to occult practice

PRIZED POSSESSION: The Buddha was right on this one. Attachment leads to suffering. We're not unhappy because we don't have fancy cars or cell phones or live-in concubines--we're unhappy because we want these things. So I reply, "Prized possession? If I can possess it, it should not be prized. If I prize it, it cannot be possessed." On the other hand, I could be full of shit.

FAVORITE SPORTS/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Snowboarding, dancing, skateboarding, hockey, soccer, basketball, and archaic weapons techniques

FAVORITE FOODS: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Middle Eastern, buffalo wings, tea, apples, oatmeal, and wasabi peas

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE ARTIST: Gustav Mossa, Boris Viejo, James O'Barr, Charles Addams, Eric Bakke, Coop, any Dutch artists

DIRTY LITTLE SECRET: Ixnay. If I told you, it wouldn't be my dirty little secret anymore, would it?

WORDS TO LIVE BY: "What doesn't kill me will make me stronger. Or it may land me in court. It's all good."

INTERESTS: Amazons, angels, anthropology, archaeology, astronomy, cemeteries, clothing/costume design, crows, dianism, eschatology, ethnobotany, etymology, ghosts, gnosticism, goth, graphic design, herbalism, history, homeopathy, horror, languages, medieval literature, occult, paganism, paranormal, ravens, real vampires, shamanism, snakes, taoism, thanatology, voodoo, witchcraft, writing

Anyway, there's my snapshot. See you around the boards!
"I think there's something strangely musical about noise." -- Trent Reznor
Post Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Welcome again!
Post Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

Welcome Emilie. 8)
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Hello Emilie, welcome to the forum. :)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

Lol hilarious intro, have a hard time believing it, seems more like spam, but it's not...
Nice to see another US Jarre fan. I understand that EM itself is not as popular, or ever was in US as it was in other parts of the globe.
Arianafal wrote:SEX: Sure. Why not? I have a few minutes.
Teehee, alright... how about spiritual sex, it'll take a bit more than a few minutes, more like a 12 hour opus. :p:

Nice interests by the way... :fine:
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Wed May 01, 2013 9:53 am
Aneka65

Likes received  : 3

Hello Emmilie..
Change.
Post Posted Thu May 02, 2013 3:05 am
Herr Dunkel

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 10

Welcome Emilie!

Nice to see another Philly rep, yo!

Great intro, btw :-)

HD
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense

• 2020 Zoolook.nl