Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jean-Michel Jarre and the joy of a good record

Post Posted Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:31 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Jean-Michel Jarre and the joy of a good record

It is said that his music works like LSD. The synthesizer pioneer suffered trauma from the drug. Whether and how much Jarre has consumed in his life depends on whether one believes his earlier or present statements.

"Got off LSD without our knowledge"

Drugs would never have played a role in the creative process. "Unfortunately, there is a tragic reason for this," says Jarre in an interview with the "Süddeutsche Zeitung." “When I was a teenager, I went to a party with a very good friend. There we received a large dose of LSD without our knowledge." His friend got stuck on the trip and never came back. "That triggered a trauma in me."

"Bringing nice growth rates to drug trafficking"

Jarre himself claims in an interview with the “Süddeutsche Zeitung” that his “records have brought the international drug trade nice growth rates”. Do you suspect or do you know? "I had similar experiences."

One of these aha experiences took place in San Francisco at the end of the 1970s during an autograph session in a Tower Records branch: A line of people was standing in front of the musician and soon every other person is said to have said: «Thank you for your music, Mister Jarre, me have a present for you. "
The fans gave the musician small bags of cannabis. “There were around 300 people, in the end two huge piles of grass had gathered behind me. “We can't let that go to waste,” said the guy from the record company, ”Jarre said in an interview.

So instead of throwing it away, the cannabis was put in the trunk. The lid was hardly closed. "I was the most popular person at headquarters that afternoon."

Source: https://www.bluewin.ch/de/entertainment ... 74077.html
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010