Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:34 am
Jote

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 22

I wish there was some audio preview available so that people could complain about the music, instead of having to resort to complaining about a stupid album cover :>
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:25 am
shadow

Likes received  : 11

It's a terrible and lazy cover. It's basically the same. Doesn't have to do with resorting to anything :|
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:12 pm
Black Bird

Christophe wrote:
SebAudio wrote:I don't think Oxy 3 will close the "oxygène aera". It will be Oxygène 4 :mrgreen:
As for the cover, which I don't like, I can't help thinking "the new Oxygène, using soft synths"...
Jarre is nearly 70 years old. I suppose for the 50 anniversary he is not with us anymore or may be in bad health. But you never know. Jarre can surprise us all the time like now. Who supposed a new "Oxygene"-album? Nobody I think! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
:roll: Why here conjured up the creative end of JMJ by some people always for years ?
Surely he is mortal (we all - every day !) but you should not speculate.

Unlike those people here who have been “spoke” him disabled and tired for a long time and were angry with him. I have always said, that art and creativity are not tied to a time, not available as an office job ! I always knew that he will surprise us again with new wonderful creations.
Of course, he has aged, but a composer can create more wonderful works even in old age. The age is not important! Important is the sense of hearing and mental health. Many people have already lost at 30. :wink:
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:02 pm
cygnusx-1

He surely has aged. But I think it is less important. He still seems to be as dedicated to his music as he's always been. And he still is forwardthinking and creative. To me at least. It may be a gift, but if I should be his age one day, I would wish to be in the same state! I am glad that he is still around in great shape and hasn't retired from making music and doing concerts.
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 pm
Goudeskitchen

I think my biggest issue with it being called 'Oxygène 3' is that it'll cock my iPod listings up now!!

Oxygène
Oxygène 3
Oxygène 7-13

:shock: :bravo:

(I can't bring myself to call 7-13 Oxygène 2!! :| )
Shows attended:

06/10/2010: Tour '2010': CIA, Cardiff, Wales
04/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales
08/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England

My stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/jonathangoode
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:38 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Now this would've been my idea for a Oxygene 3 cover. Now this was a quick and dirty photoshop job, but just to show the idea. It would've incorporated the idea of both albums of the human side being inside of the planet and the other way around and using the arms to show that the person embraces it.

But hey, that's just me! :P
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 pm
Glco8284

without hands would be nice for Oxygene 2
Post Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:59 pm
AnDrOiD

Can't wait! :peacemaan:

SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:51 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 29
Likes received  : 13

Hot damn! No purchase link yet for the 3LP+etc. megabox, though. :\

Not too keen on the album renames and edited covers either (or the overall OXY3 design)... but I do understand the reasoning for them. And another copy of Oxygene 7-13 on vinyl will be most appreciated ;)

(This also sort of explains why the Dadbox remasters stopped at Chronologie instead of moving on to Oxygene 7-13)
Post Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 35
Likes received  : 60

Oxygene 17 was played in Cardiff.
Post Posted Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 am
docklands88

Yes Oxygene 17 was played in Cardiff and I have recorded a video of the track for those interested in watching:

EDIT: Sony took it down immediately sorry
Concerts Attended :

Tour 2010: Cardiff CIA 06/10/10
Electronica World Tour: Cardiff CIA 04/10/16

Favorite Concert: Destination Docklands 1988
Post Posted Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:05 am
Jote

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 22

docklands88 wrote:Yes Oxygene 17 was played in Cardiff and I have recorded a video of the track for those interested in watching:

EDIT: Sony took it down immediately sorry
Oh, too bad. Perhaps you could upload just the audio to sendspace.com? I'm really curious.
Post Posted Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 am
Hans_Best

Try this one:

I just spotted this on FB, it's not mine, but hope its ok to share?
Post Posted Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:48 am
Domestos

Likes received  : 1

Sounds quite pleasant :D
Post Posted Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:02 am
Hans_Best

The announcement of an Oxygene sequel was quite surprising to me, because there weren't any hints in advance compared to previous releases of what ever album. No tiny pieces of information leading to something concrete within weeks or month, just 'BAMMM' - here is Oxygene 3 (ok a release date so far ;) ). I think not many of us did exepect this, even with having 40 years of Oxygene in mind.

Don't really care about the cover (there are a couple of covers I don't like that much like WFC or Chronologie), important to me is the music and I'm really looking forward to 2nd of December starting with Oxygene 1, 2 and finally 3. :peacemaan:

Never ever thought about listening to a 3rd Oxygene album :smoke:

Cheers

2020 Zoolook.nl