Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:50 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 21

shadow wrote:Sadly Amazon has said mine will arrive not before the 8th, so still have to wait nearly a week after release :(
Mine's supposed to arrive on 3rd-5th, but I have little faith in that estimate... Leaked digital copy will have to suffice in the meantime ;)
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:59 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Not doing that myself, I've waited for Rosetta, I'll be able to wait a few days extra :P
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:22 pm
pstjepan

Christophe wrote:I just bought "Oxygene 3" in the local Fnac store at Wijnegem Shopping Center (a big shopping place with more than 100 stores near of Antwerp). I listen to the first 4 tracks in my car. I very pleased to say that Jarre is back again (from never be away). I will listen now to the rest of the album at home. :D :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Write more about album, if you can :)
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:42 pm
Jote

One minute of Oxygene 14

"Oxygene 14: I wanted to start with a hypnotic repetitive beat, with only one or two elements growing constantly until merging into the next part"

Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:12 pm
Pat Gleeson

Jote wrote: That's one way looking at it, but it all depends on what you are after - if you are after "melodic JMJ" (like me) then you'll likely consider O17 a "stronger" track of the bunch.
I see your point, Jote. 17 is a strong track in the Oxygene style, absolutely. I love JMJ's darker style that punctuated his early albums, which seems to be prevalent in the other excerpts I've heard.
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm
Christophe

pstjepan wrote:
Christophe wrote:I just bought "Oxygene 3" in the local Fnac store at Wijnegem Shopping Center (a big shopping place with more than 100 stores near of Antwerp). I listen to the first 4 tracks in my car. I very pleased to say that Jarre is back again (from never be away). I will listen now to the rest of the album at home. :D :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Write more about album, if you can :)
Off course I can, but you need to listen it and then the surprise is bigger. :wink:

I will say only a few things about the album here:

- Don't expect a melodious album , only "Oxygene (Part 17)" has some melody.
- There is a surprise in "Oxygene (Part 20)" around 1min25sec.
- The complete album sound fresh and modern but you realy feel the "Oxygene"-vibe in it.
- A very good album for to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first "Oxygene".
-I feel this album will close the "Oxygene"-time. We will never see another "Oxygene"-album like a "Oxygene 4".

For me the album is a 8/10. :D :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm
Christophe

Sorry double post. :oops:
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:25 pm
Pat Gleeson

Many thanks Jote - really appreciate this :)
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:35 pm
Jote

Christophe wrote:-I feel this album will close the "Oxygene"-time. We will never see another "Oxygene"-album like a "Oxygene 4".
Yes, that's what he said in the interview. Still, I think an "Oxygene 21" single for the 50th Anniversary would be dynamite!
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Likes received  : 1

Jote wrote: Mine's supposed to arrive on 3rd-5th, but I have little faith in that estimate... Leaked digital copy will have to suffice in the meantime ;)
Leaking a copy is only possible for people with very complicatied technical skills. You have to rip a CD, encode it and upload it. In a world of smartphone swipers and facebook like-button pushers it is very hard to find a person with both the CD and the aforementioned skills.
:q!
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:30 pm
shadow

If you really find ripping a CD in .mp3 difficult you have some serious problems because most, if not all, audio programs can do so natively.
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 pm
Jote

1906 wrote:Leaking a copy is only possible for people with very complicatied technical skills. You have to rip a CD, encode it and upload it. In a world of smartphone swipers and facebook like-button pushers it is very hard to find a person with both the CD and the aforementioned skills.
Sadly, true. Let me know if you find anything :)
shadow wrote:If you really find ripping a CD in .mp3 difficult you have some serious problems because most, if not all, audio programs can do so natively.
"What is an "audio program"? Is that like an app? How do I even connect the CD to my MacBook?"
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:01 pm
shadow

iTunes has it baked in, considering that's still required for synchronization with the iPhone/iPad (which is sadly still the best selling phone) I doubt anyone is dumb enough to not be able to rip a CD. Hell iTunes automatically asks you what you want to do with it when it you insert it.
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Likes received  : 1

Code: Select all

abcde(1)                    General Commands Manual                   abcde(1)

NAME
       abcde  -  Grab  an  entire CD and compress it to Ogg/Vorbis, MP3, FLAC,
       Ogg/Speex, AAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio (ape), MPP/MP+(Musepack),  True
       Audio (tta) and/or MP2 format.

SYNOPSIS
       abcde [options] [tracks]

DESCRIPTION
       Ordinarily,  the process of grabbing the data off a CD and encoding it,
       then tagging or commenting it, is very involved.  abcde is designed  to
       automate  this.  It  will  take an entire CD and convert it into a com‐
       pressed audio format - Ogg/Vorbis, MPEG Audio  Layer  III  (MP3),  Free
       Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC), Ogg/Speex, MPP/MP+(Musepack), M4A (AAC) wv
       (WavPack), Monkey's Audio (ape), Opus, True Audio (tta) or  MPEG  Audio
       Layer II (MP2) format(s).  With one command, it will:
:q!
Post Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 pm
Jote

shadow wrote:iTunes has it baked in, considering that's still required for synchronization with the iPhone/iPad (which is sadly still the best selling phone) I doubt anyone is dumb enough to not be able to rip a CD. Hell iTunes automatically asks you what you want to do with it when it you insert it.
You're stilll missing the other 66% - finding out where the files are and uploading them. But let's not discuss this further.

2020 Zoolook.nl