Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:36 pm
HunterTech

Velodynamic wrote:
ralf wrote:Image
CD?
It's the solo vinyl rip taken from RuTracker. The frequencies and Russian text give it away.

There's also an Oxygene Trilogy rip done by another person on there. Time to hear what the off-center issue is like (if present).
Post Posted Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:06 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 8

That's not the problem I have on the rip I have. The real problem is the disappearing treble at multiple points throughout the entire album. It's terrible!
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 pm
Robi

"David Terrible"

:D
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:05 am
HunterTech

My current reaction to the vinyl rips on RuTracker:

Oxygene 3 solo: It's a bit fuzzy and loud sounding, seeing as it isn't as cleaned up as I'm used to vinyl rips being, but it's still better than the CD (the sample and bit rate is excessive though). I've also noticed some additional differences in the mix (there is no noise in the first few seconds of Oxygene 16 for example).

Oxygene Trilogy: Much better than I anticipated. It's very clean and much more pleasant sounding, making it the better rip to listen to (though issues like the cut off on 9 and the error on 6 are still there, so proceed with caution). I have no clue if the "off center" issue is there, considering I have a hard time telling from the YT videos about them.

I do recommend both if you're all interested. I now have a definitive way to listen to 3 from the Trilogy set, after the mastering of CD was driving my nuts. The MFSL vinyl for the original and the first vinyl pressing for 7-13 are still my go to for those, but the Trilogy rips are great even with the flaws present.

I'm am curious in the rip that shadow had gotten though.
Post Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:09 am
HunterTech

shadow wrote:That's not the problem I have on the rip I have. The real problem is the disappearing treble at multiple points throughout the entire album. It's terrible!
Huh. That's not a thing I noticed on either of these rips that I have recently acquired. I'd be interested in hearing your copy if I'll notice it then.
Post Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:21 am
shadow

Listen very closely in Oxygene 8, because that's where I heard it the best. Throughout the track it drops at least three times over the track. It's outright bizarre.
Post Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:33 am
HunterTech

shadow wrote:Listen very closely in Oxygene 8, because that's where I heard it the best. Throughout the track it drops at least three times over the track. It's outright bizarre.
I do notice it now. Especially comparing it the vinyl rip of the original. How this managed to pass is very brain scratching. As kinder as I am to 3 than most, this is pretty poorly handled.

I still think 3 sounds good enough to not care there. Besides, I already had ideal pressings of the previous 2 to fall back on.
Post Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:23 pm
shadow

It's very easy to pass them by when they don't care. It's painfully obvious when a five year old flaw in the original Oxygene still hasn't been fixed. It's the same guys that used an aging and dying Rendez-Vous magnetic tape that had constant speed fluctuations throughout the first two tracks and called it back only when people on this forum and a few others caught the problem. I can't imagine that Jarre cares much either. He calls them bad himself, yet he keeps blaming others for these events instead of taking responsibility. It's a mess...
Post Posted Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 4

Jean-Michel Jarre On Oxygene

Published on 24 January 2017

We talk with French composer & synthesist Jean-Michel Jarre about the origin of his classic album, Oxygène, his latest album, Oxygène 3, and what has changed in his approach to music over the course of his career.

Jarre also discusses his perspective on electronic music and his vision for his own music.

From Synthtopia's 2017 NAMM Show coverage:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/tag/2017-namm-show/

Video by Synthtopia:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:37 pm
melo

There is a another part interview :

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/01/24/jean-michel-jarre-announces-his-first-north-american-tour/

It's funny some part about speaking the north american tour. He said "DENVER" , too. But not Denver in this american gig !!!

He said about a project with Stephen King too !!!
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:22 am
Herr Dunkel

Thanks Kanta and Melo for the Synthopia links...

@Melo, by Denver, Jarre means Broomfield, which is in the suburbs of Denver. By the same token, no-one is likely to say Upper Darby... which is just a few miles from Philadelphia. and for non-locals it's easier to point out the big city nearby.
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:54 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 29

melo wrote:He said about a project with Stephen King too !!!
Didn't he say Stephen Hawking?
Post Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 am
Jote

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 14

Dr_Jones wrote:
melo wrote:He said about a project with Stephen King too !!!
Didn't he say Stephen Hawking?
He definitely DID say "HAWKING".
Post Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:20 pm
The Sound-Oven

a project with Stephen KING? It be just Misery lol :mrgreen:
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 4

Connection between JM and Stephen Hawking:

Chronologie is the eleventh studio album by French electronic musician and composer Jean-Michel Jarre, and was released on Disques Dreyfus (with license to Polydor) in 1993. It is inspired by Stephen Hawking's book A Brief History of Time.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronologie
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010