Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:07 pm
cygnusx-1

I'm thrilled. First Electronica and now this. I am super-excited. Can't wait to see him live again.
Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 5

Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:03 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

After the initial hype of the announcement... Why is the new cover for Oxygene 7-13 (yeah I'm not planning on saying Oxygene 2 any time soon) so terrible and is the cover for Oxygene 3 so lazy? :P
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 pm
Pat Gleeson

If Roman numerals were used it might look better (I, II, III), but I like the uniformity. The music on 3 is what matters. I hope there will be some extras as well.
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:42 pm
shadow

I hope a 5.1 mix. I remember that all future albums post Aero were promised to be in surround sound. And then that was thrown out of the window with Electronica :(
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:36 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 2

Kanta wrote:Jean-Michel Jarre - Official Facebook - 30 September 2016

It was important to me to keep the artwork for Oxygene 3 in line with the two previous albums ....
I wanted the Oxygene 3 visual to remain in that same vein, and hence to re-visit Michel Granger’s original work, simply shifting «photographed-like» from another angle, which was exactly aligned with the approach I had to create this new chapter in music. To this end, I asked Michel Granger’s permission to perform a 3D model of his creation in order to change the angle of the visual, which he amicably accepted.
JmJ you would have done far better by requesting Michel Granger for current artwork.
JmJ what you have done for cover is so lame so unoriginal .... perhaps the music wont be lame unoriginal.
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:40 pm
shadow

Yeah it does come across as a bit lazy. The whole idea of the cover of Oxygene 7-13 was explained on the EPK of that album and I loved seeing how they came to the final result. The new one just... Meh... If he wanted another angle something new that would mix Oxygene and Oxygene 7-13 would've been best.
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:08 pm
Herr Dunkel

Yup, "lazy" is a good word... A new design by Michel Granger would have been much nicer and probably could have continued the "story" graphically (e.g. the original was somewhat pessimistic, and the Oxy 7-13 cover was somewhat optimistic, with the Earth as the man's heart as opposed to a dead man inside the Earth), so the 3rd one could have been a mixture of those or a "real" new angle...

The "new" angle is nothing new (looks very similar to a still from the video of the 2007 remaster (w/ Live in Your Living Room), and lacks the grain of a real painting like Granger's 2 designs... Oh well, another missed opportunity. Hopefully the music will be great.

Re: the numbering consistency and renaming of Oxy 7-13 to Oxy 2 it must have been a bit of a difficult choice... Graphically I would have preferred Oxy 14-20, but it doesn't sound as catchy as Oxy 7-13 did. Especially in French, "7-13" is short and sweet (2 syllables only) and sounds better than "14-20" (sounds a bit weird in French, better in English). So OK, Oxy 3 is a better title for the new album. But they could have kept the "7-13" name and cover, especially with the symbols usually associated with numbers 7 and 13.

Looking at the covers of the trilogy side by side the only consistency is the background color. But now Oxy "2" looks a bit out of place between the 2 skulls... It would have been better to keep the original orange color and get a new, different design for the new album, keeping only the "consistency" with the lettering at the top and of course the Granger touch.

Speaking of lettering, did you notice that the "-" between Jean and Michel (the correct spelling, if only a bit less stylish) has made a comeback since Electronica? Also the type (Avant Garde) is fatter, similar to that of the Oxygène re-re-re-re-re-remaster of 2014 and the new cover of the Houston / Lyon concerts. The original, thinner lettering, without the "-" looked nicer methinx.

Just my opinion, of course...

Anyway, looking forward to the release of Oxygène 3... I still don't know which package I will pick. I'd like to get the book but the whole set is probably going to be too expensive for what it is. Come on, who hasn't the previous 2 albums in various formats yet? OK, maybe Oxy7-13 in the new cover and with new name may be nice as a collector's item, but you still have to buy one of the trilogies to get it...

Good news anyway, can't really complain :-)
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:23 pm
daz

Such negativity about the cover?
I love it and I have a feeling that it is deliberate, and that this new Oxygene will be more closely related to the first album, hence the similarity.
I am wondering how he is going to manage a promotional campaign and the same time as doing a busy tour, unless the new album is going to be plugged to death during the Electronica tour.
What will we see next year, an Oxygene @40 tour? Oxygene 1-20 should be about 2 hours.
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:33 pm
Robi

With Oxygene 3 the potential chance is higher for stepping out of Europe with the tour.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:38 pm
Christophe

I think the idea behind the artwork for "Oxygene 3" is simple but genius. Jarre want to close the "Oxygene" aera and made a final masterpiece (I hope) in the "Oxygene"-style. For me the cover fit's perfect what Jarre want to say to us with this new album. Probably it's a modern "Oxygene". Another artwork from Michel Granger will not fit in this story. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:55 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 22

As for the hyphen between "Jean" and "Michel" I would suspect it might have something to do with JMJ changing labels a couple of times during the last decade.

I have no problem with renaming O7-13 to "Oxygene 2" (it was supposed to be the original album's name anyway), as it is much "catchier" to have a trilogy of "Oxygene"/"Oxygene 2"/"Oxygene 3" than "Oxygene/Oxygene 7-13/Oxygene 14-20". And I personally do like how the cover was changed to be consistent with the rest - this way if feels more, umm, how shall I put this, "complete" and for me personally it is an extra incentive to purchase the trilogy release instead of just the new album alone.

The regular trilogy release (without the book) will probably not be VERY expensive, IIRC one of the sites that leaked it listed it as €45.99 while the collector's edition was €172.99 and the "Oxygene 3" alone - €22.99.
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:47 am
SebAudio

Christophe wrote:I think the idea behind the artwork for "Oxygene 3" is simple but genius. Jarre want to close the "Oxygene" aera and made a final masterpiece (I hope) in the "Oxygene"-style. For me the cover fit's perfect what Jarre want to say to us with this new album. Probably it's a modern "Oxygene". Another artwork from Michel Granger will not fit in this story. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
I don't think Oxy 3 will close the "oxygène aera". It will be Oxygène 4 :mrgreen:
As for the cover, which I don't like, I can't help thinking "the new Oxygène, using soft synths"...
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 am
Christophe

SebAudio wrote:I don't think Oxy 3 will close the "oxygène aera". It will be Oxygène 4 :mrgreen:
As for the cover, which I don't like, I can't help thinking "the new Oxygène, using soft synths"...
Jarre is nearly 70 years old. I suppose for the 50 anniversary he is not with us anymore or may be in bad health. But you never know. Jarre can surprise us all the time like now. Who supposed a new "Oxygene"-album? Nobody I think! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 am
Christophe

-Double post- :? :oops:

2020 Zoolook.nl