Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Patrick Juvet - Mort Ou Vif

Post Posted Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:37 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Released in 1976, close to the French release of Oxygene, and recorded from december 10 to march 30, this album was the 2nd album Jarre worked on with Juvet. The first, Love, was released in 1973 but didn`t have much involvement for Jarre. This album was produced and arranged by Jean Michel and he wrote the lyrics.

Some well-known musicians play along this album, amongst others: Ernie Watts, Ray Parker and Wah-Wah Watson.

Rumors are that JMJ can be seen on the cover of the album, sitting next to Patrick Juvet, behind the piano.

Tracklist:
Les Lunettes Noires
Papa S'Pique Et Maman S'Shoote
Faut Pas Rever
Mort Ou Vif
L'Enfant Aux Cheveux Blancs
Les Idees Molles
Le Chanteur Du Grande Cafe
Le Dernier Rock And Roll

This album never saw the light in as a CD release. In fact, the only two Jarre-related albums fully released on CD are Paris by Night (77) and I Love America (78), however Jarre`s involvement on the latter album is debatable. Some of the other tracks can be found on best of albums.

Here you can find the album

As a bonus, two tracks from the Love album have been added, since those two also never got a CD release. The tracks are called Love and Quand Vient La Nuit. The other two tracks co-written by Jarre, Unisex and Au Jardin d`Alice, can be found on Juvet`s best of album Master Series.
Post Posted Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:46 pm
Christophe

Excellant stuff D.J :D
Post Posted Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:55 pm
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

I have some Juvet stuff on 7"... Never listen to it though.
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 am
Normund

For an ardent fan getting to know other creative sides of a composer or another artist is of course very interesting. However, I always keep it in my mind that Jarre never refers publicly even to anything preceding the Oxygen album, so this is rather a piece of information for the fans of Juvet alone.
NG
Post Posted Wed May 20, 2009 8:15 am
Dr_Jones

Normund wrote:For an ardent fan getting to know other creative sides of a composer or another artist is of course very interesting. However, I always keep it in my mind that Jarre never refers publicly even to anything preceding the Oxygen album, so this is rather a piece of information for the fans of Juvet alone.
That's another way to say thank you.
Post Posted Wed May 20, 2009 11:54 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

:lol:

i thought Normund was already elected president of Armenia?
or where did he live again :punch:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Wed May 20, 2009 12:11 pm
Normund

Ready to be elected on your say-so. Next life, perhaps. Lots of fresh fruit (no hothouse tomatoes in winter), nice brandy etc. Why not?
As to that tasteful and benevolent remark of mine quoted above, it came out because I have recently seen several cases in different fields of art where celebrities seem to be inexplainably shy of how they came to be what they are now.
P.S.
A pity they still haven't made up their minds to continue the Lord of the Ring film series. I have spotted a perfect new casting applicant for the Sauron's Eye role. :peacemaan:
NG
Post Posted Wed May 20, 2009 12:33 pm
Dr_Jones

Normund wrote:As to that tasteful and benevolent remark of mine quoted above, it came out because I have recently seen several cases in different fields of art where celebrities seem to be inexplainably shy of how they came to be what they are now.
OK, I understand. I won't post my perfect recording of AOR here.
Post Posted Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:12 pm
Dr_Jones

Hi,

Getting back to the topic, here's a videoclip of "Mort ou vif" LP.

Papa s'pique et Maman s'shoote

:bravo:
Post Posted Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:48 am
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

Amazing, what a turn around from electronic music. :o Nice catchy chorus. 8)
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47

• 2020 Zoolook.nl