Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 am
melo

I got this message today:
Dear all,

I am Eric, working with Jean-Michel on the visual parts for now
some years

(2010/11 tour, 10/10/10 project, the old website, Monaco, E&R,
reeditions, and now Electronica Project).

Last night a mistake has occured, and Amazon leaked both
tracklisting and artwork.

To be honest, it's not the end of the world (not even the day
before).

We are just working hard, now for years, on this project, trying
to raise

the "entertainment" side of it, gradually.

Having the cover leaked more than one month before his public
revelation

is making harder our communication job. Hopefully, it has been
mainly leaked

toward jmj's fanbase. It's not that bad ;-)

So, please, if you manage forums, websites, fb communities,
whatever else,

your help would be more than appreciated for hiding or deleting
the cover.

We are trying to reveal a bit more everyday ;-)

Thanks in advance!

On the other side, as discussed with JM,

in beginning of september, I'll release

some private parts of artworks especially for your use (as
webmasters)

as I made years ago on the 2010 Tour.

Thanks again for your attention and understanding.

Have a nice day!

Eric
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am
Jon

No good closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 am
Jon

shadow wrote:So I just happened to be on Amazon.co.uk and they had this on the front page, for me anyway, as recommended.

The Time Machine, possibly a nod towards the grandfather of science fiction H.G.Wells from the grandfather of electronic music. Either way, I like it.

Wonder if Pt 2 will be The Shape of Things to Come (another Wells novel) :wink:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:50 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 9

I have posted this in the news section and I will be removing any of the details below stated. Please refrain from re-posting the artwork and tracklist as requested by the management for the time being.

Dear Jarre Fans,

Earlier today, I posted details of the artwork and tracklist for the new forthcoming album. I have been contacted to have the Jean-Michel Jarre artwork and tracklist for the new forthcoming album to be removed. With all due respect to this request, I have done so.

Thank you for your understanding.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:37 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I saved it anyway, so I'm fine with it anyway :P
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 pm
Velodynamic

It's a very smart concept this album and I like it more and more.
It has a little bit of this, a little bit of that and presumably most people will find something to like about this album.
melo wrote: "Last night a mistake has occured, and Amazon leaked both
tracklisting and artwork."
Blaming Amazon are we? :punch: :nod:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:20 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 9

Jean-Michel Jarre reveals “A Question Of Blood” collaboration with John Carpenter - August 2015

French electronic music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre forthcoming album “E-Project” is set for release 16th October. The album features 16 different collaborators, including the so far revealed Vince Clarke (Depeche Mode), M83, Tangerine Dream, Gesaffelstein, 3D from Massive Attack, Armin Van Buuren, and more.

“A Question Of Blood” is the newly revealed collaborative effort featuring John Howard Carpenter, an American film director, screenwriter, producer, editor and composer. Although Carpenter has worked in numerous film genres, he is most commonly associated with horror and science fiction films from the 1970s and 1980s.

Jarre tells Bloody-Disgusting:

John brought his instinct characteristic style on the track, by adding one layer of melody, and also some layers of pads and kind of scratching sound, by listening to the track when he send back the result to me, I was instantly in one of the future scene of the next John Carpenter movie. What I feel is I feel the instant and definite John Carpenter’s stamp on it.

His first album in over eight years “E-Project” was conceived with Jarre’s wish to encompass the last few decades of electronic music with the participation of outstanding artists of all generations with whom Jarre feels especially connected with by a common DNA.

“I’ve wanted to tell a story for a while regarding electronic music history from my point of view and experience, from when I started to nowadays,” Jarre says. “So I planned to collaborate with array of artists who are, directly or indirectly, linked to this scene, over the last four decades I’ve been making electronic music. With people I admire for their singular contribution to our genre, that represent a source of inspiration for me but who also have an instantly recognizable sound. At the outset, I had no idea how this project would evolve, but I was delighted that everybody I reached out to accepted my invitation”. Jean-Michel Jarre

Original demos were composed & produced by Jarre specifically for each artist, and they in turn were invited to bring their unique spirit and signature to the recording, while he then completed the project.

1.The Time Machine JMJ & X
2.GloryJMJ & M83
3.Close Your Eyes JMJ & X
4.Automatic, Pt. 1 JMJ & Vince Clark
5.Automatic, Pt. 2 JMJ & Vince Clark
6.If! JMJ & X
7.Immortals JMJ & X
8.Suns Have Gone JMJ & X
9.Conquistador JMJ & Gesaffelstein
10. Travelator, Pt. 2JMJ & X
11.Zero GravityJMJ & Tangerine Dream
12.Rely on Me JMJ & X
13.Stardust JMJ & Armin van Buuren
14.Watching youJMJ & 3D (Massive Attack)
15. A Question of Blood JMJ & John Howard Carpenter
16.The Train & The River JMJ & X
17.Continuous Mix – JMJ

Jean-Michel Jarre took electronic music to new peaks of popularity in the late 70’s and throughout the 80’s and 90s, selling over 80 million albums worldwide. His melodic, instrumental, electronically-driven music is spiritedly fresh today rapturously received wherever it’s played , and his astonishing live shows in iconic sites such as London’s Docklands, the Eiffel Tower and the Pyramids of Giza, were seen by millions. His combination of state-of-the-art sounds and lights to create a thoroughly immersive experience pre-dated today’s huge, technically sophisticated EDM raves.

Source: http://www.thirst4beats.com/50269/tunes ... -carpenter
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:56 pm
RemarkableRadio

It is okay again to post the tracklisting again? Or should we still pretend to have not seen it.
it is funny that because of me living in another timezone, I saw the tracklisting when it was still nighttime in Europe. Gotta love it.

I am not sure what they are so secretive about though. We have been waiting for 8 years!
They should realize: we already know the album is coming and even if we don't, we will buy the album. We would buy an album where you can hear Jarre play chess or when it is called Teo and Tea (in Holland, that is not something you want to associate with good music).

For all other people that don't know Jarre or lost track of him ages ago: nobody cares and nobody is wondering if a new album is coming, what tracks are on it and what the bloody name will be.

PS: In my radioshow, I mentioned the title. Ooops!! Call the police!
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:32 am
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 22

RemarkableRadio wrote:It is okay again to post the tracklisting again?
Yeah, quoting it from the article after the entire fuss about it being leaked prematurely and having to delete it makes absolutely no sense to me.
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:09 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 33
Likes received  : 49

No Travelator part 1?
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:45 am
cygnusx-1

Kanta wrote:
2.GloryJMJ & M83
6.If! JMJ & X
7.Immortals JMJ & X
8.Suns Have Gone JMJ & X
12.Rely on Me JMJ & X
17.Continuous Mix – JMJ
Doing the math, the missing collaborators then should be:

1. Little Boots
2. Gary Numan
3. Boris Blank
4. Pete Townshend
5. Air
6. Fuck Buttons
7. Laurie Anderson
8. Moby
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:58 am
jeanbatman

Maybe the album should start off with Pete Townshend since he is the oldest guy and this album is a travel in time…
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:23 am
jerome

cygnusx-1 wrote:
Kanta wrote:
2.GloryJMJ & M83
6.If! JMJ & X
7.Immortals JMJ & X
8.Suns Have Gone JMJ & X
12.Rely on Me JMJ & X
17.Continuous Mix – JMJ
Doing the math, the missing collaborators then should be:

1. Little Boots
2. Gary Numan
3. Boris Blank
4. Pete Townshend
5. Air
6. Fuck Buttons
7. Laurie Anderson
8. Moby
And Trent Reznor, and David Lynch, and Chemical Brothers, and Portishead, and Sebastien Tellier... all already quoted by themselves or by other collaborators or in the press... So the math is still hazardous at this stage. :wink:
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:07 am
cygnusx-1

jerome wrote:And Trent Reznor, and David Lynch, and Chemical Brothers, and Portishead, and Sebastien Tellier... all already quoted by themselves or by other collaborators or in the press... So the math is still hazardous at this stage. :wink:
Must have missed that. :wink:
Post Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:52 am
Christophe

jerome wrote:And Trent Reznor, and David Lynch, and Chemical Brothers, and Portishead, and Sebastien Tellier... all already quoted by themselves or by other collaborators or in the press... So the math is still hazardous at this stage. :wink:
May be they are for part 2 next year? :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

2020 Zoolook.nl