Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 pm
Oxygene

Stream of the full Album can be found here: https://www.tape.tv/jean-michel-jarre/t ... me-machine

Interview on Spiegel online (including full Album stream): http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/jean ... 57311.html
www.jarrelook.de
93 Berlin I/95 Paris/97 Stuttg.,Munich,Oberh.,
Frankf./02 Aalborg/08 Franf.,Zurich/09 Koblenz,
Zurich/10 Oberh.,Stuttg.,Bamb.,Munich,Mannh.,
Strasb.,Oslo/11 Monaco,Frankf.,Dortm.,Cologne,
Treves, Munich,Zurich/16/17 Frankf.,Berlin,
Düsseld.,Nuremb.,Münster,Berlin,Bonn
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:58 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I'm not sure rather I should skip the next few days of waiting and listen to the album now. I did listen to A Question of Blood (because I thought that the track story had revealed most, man was I wrong) and I absolutely love it. But now I want to really listen to the rest, but on the other hand I rather have it from the actual vinyl records which no doubt will sound a lot better.

Edit: Has anyone received a shipment confirmation yet? It's Tuesday and if the album is due Friday than they really should hurry with the shipping. I personally already doubt I'll be receiving it on Friday because shipping from the UK usually takes a few days to The Netherlands :|
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:59 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 22

Oh, so it's everywhere now. And to think I went out of my way this morning to set up a VPN to Canada to bypass georestriction!

It was fun nevertheless.
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:33 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 9

Jean-Michel Jarre is back - 13 October 2015

Video: http://www.rtl.fr/culture/arts-spectacl ... 7780073706

The Time Machine: in electro den of Jean-Michel Jarre - 13 October 2015

Video: http://videos.leparisien.fr/video/the-t ... 15-x39gp86

Electronics classes with Jean Michel Jarre - 13 October 2015

The French musician publishes "Electronica: The Time Machine ', an album in which it is allied with artists who have shaped the scene over the last four decades and contains some collaborations surprise - 13 October 2015

Source: http://www.larazon.es/cultura/musica/cl ... boknxy0tww
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 am
Elf

In preparation for the new album, I've gone through Jarre's discography and reviewed almost all of his albums (I skipped a couple of live albums and Interior Music) for the Norwegian online magazine musikknyheter.no.

It's in Norwegian only, but I guess you can google translate it. I might do an English translation, but that's not a promise

At least you can see my grading and favourite tracks from each of them :)

http://www.musikknyheter.no/news/14445
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:53 pm
jeanbatman

Elf wrote:(…) It's in Norwegian only, but I guess you can google translate it. I might do an English translation, but that's not a promise
I did a page in Swahili about his concert in South Africa in 1992, I'll post it here if you don't mind… :punch:
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:41 pm
Jon

After waiting 8 years for a new album, I have beaten the temptation of clicking any links to listen to these tracks. I want the disc in my hand come release day and listen to them as they should be listened too.

However, I personally think it's a pointless exercise in Sony releasing the tracks online days before the actual release. We are supposed to support the artist by buying the psychical media and not p1ssing it away by low grade online free rips.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:18 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 9

Jean Michel Jarre on his father, mother, Jazz, Tangerine Dream, curiosity and timelessness of music
Video published on 13 October 2015:

“The perfect definition of an artist: different declarations of the same obsession.” - 13 October 2015
Source: http://www.kaput-mag.com/stories_en/jea ... obsession/
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:35 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

So anyone received shipment confirmation yet? My bankaccount has been charged, but still it says: "Processing".
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:02 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 33
Likes received  : 49

shadow wrote:So anyone received shipment confirmation yet? My bankaccount has been charged, but still it says: "Processing".
I just got an email. I guess they ship in order of order.
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm
Elf

Dr_Jones wrote:
shadow wrote:So anyone received shipment confirmation yet? My bankaccount has been charged, but still it says: "Processing".
I just got an email. I guess they ship in order of order.
Same here, I just got the confirmation email. Finally I will be able to listen to the album as god intended: On vinyl.

Been listening to the album for the past few days, I really, really, like it. Current favourite is the Townshend track. Man, that rocks.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:09 pm
Dr_Jones

Elf wrote:Been listening to the album for the past few days, I really, really, like it. Current favourite is the Townshend track. Man, that rocks.
Agreed, but I think it's too short. Makes sense because there's also a part 1 and 3 to be released, so it's just a part of a bigger picture.
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Likes received  : 1

I just received shipping confirmation of the Deluxe box...

Some quotes from the mail:

Item Price:€182.28
Quantity:1

Subtotal : €189.59
Shipping: €15.49
Grand Total: €205.08

And they got 197,77 ,from my Paypal account and the website says 245....

The only thing that's correct is that 189.59+15.49=205.08...
:q!
Post Posted Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:08 am
Violator

Likes received  : 1

1906 wrote: Item Price:€182.28
Quantity:1

Subtotal : €189.59
Grand Total: €205.08

And they got 197,77 ,from my Paypal account and the website says 245....
My numbers aren't the same (payed via PP and my shipping address in the EU):
Item Price: €193.06

Subtotal : €200.83

They actually took €208,55 (Item Price + Shipping), so my price for the box is higher.
Post Posted Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:13 am
Dr_Jones

Might the difference be caused by conversion rates for UK Pound to Euro?

2020 Zoolook.nl