Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Or maybe you could just stick your index finger near the center of the record and speed it up manually? :fine: :lol:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Hmm... 1rpm would be really interesting! :smoke:

Edit: I've thrown the files into Adobe Audition and fixed the time on all three tracks. And Zero Gravity really sounds odd now. I honestly prefer the slower paced version and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's because it sounds more like Tangerine Dream than it's supposed to be, but whatever. Not a big fan of Watching You, it's not bad but not really good either. And Conquistador is just boring ever since the release of the preview.

Can't wait for the entire album however, the four tracks so far are 'al right' to 'amazing'. And with more coming I think we'll be getting some more really good tracks! :nod:
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:39 am

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 9

shadow wrote:Hmm... 1rpm would be really interesting! :smoke:

Edit: I've thrown the files into Adobe Audition and fixed the time on all three tracks.
It's a common misconception that that 'll do the job properly. It's because you also speed up the way the laws of physics work.

Your stylus is like a rally car riding a road with holes and rocks. Compared to a 33rpm record, a 45rpm record is a road with less holes and bumps per meter. If you record a car driver on film, riding a road with bigggg, loooooong, bumps....and let him drive slowwwwwwly.... and you postprocess the recording later by speeding it up it looks odd too.
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:21 pm
Velodynamic

shadow wrote: Edit: I've thrown the files into Adobe Audition and fixed the time on all three tracks. And Zero Gravity really sounds odd now. I honestly prefer the slower paced version and I'm not entirely sure why.
I have no idea how such a "speed-it-up" software works but I assume it must be hard to "fake" the pitches exactly the same way as you recieve the turntable cartridge reading of a vinyl track at the correct speed.
You don't have a driving belt in your turntable that you can simple replace to a wider keyway on the motor shaft do you? It use to be seen under the turntable platter.
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:43 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

MobyNews Twitter - 9 July 2015

Jean-Michel Jarre & Moby - ‘Suns Have Gone’ Taken from the upcoming Jean-Michel Jarre album “E Project” (Fall 2015)

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:08 pm
Christophe

Thank you, Kanta, for this excellent news! I like the music of Moby! Jarre and Moby, it will give a bomb! 8) :D

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:26 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Velodynamic wrote:I have no idea how such a "speed-it-up" software works but I assume it must be hard to "fake" the pitches exactly the same way as you recieve the turntable cartridge reading of a vinyl track at the correct speed.
You don't have a driving belt in your turntable that you can simple replace to a wider keyway on the motor shaft do you? It use to be seen under the turntable platter.
No I can't reach the belt, but it doesn't really matter if it doesn't adjust the speed at which it's supposed to rotate anyway. Audition has a whole bunch of options for speed and pitch. It works really good and I used the previews on the website to adjust the pitch. It's not perfect, but until someone else does a rip, it's the best I'm going to have until then :(
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:58 pm
Velodynamic

shadow wrote: No I can't reach the belt, but it doesn't really matter if it doesn't adjust the speed at which it's supposed to rotate anyway. Audition has a whole bunch of options for speed and pitch. It works really good and I used the previews on the website to adjust the pitch. It's not perfect, but until someone else does a rip, it's the best I'm going to have until then :(
Aha...Oh Snap. I see the problem. I guess I'll have some rip-off to do a.s.a. my vinyls arrives. :)
Kanta wrote:MobyNews Twitter - 9 July 2015
OOh YES! I love Moby. Thanks you so very much Kanta for the great news! :clap3:
The first track I think of from Moby is that one called "The Sun Never Stops Setting". :mrgreen:
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 9

track 1: vinyl rip of Watching for You (Jarre Reworked version)
track 2: same track, mp3 bought from Amazon

http://postimg.org/image/ugbth4rvb/full/
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

And the loudness war still rages on.
Post Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:36 pm
Velodynamic

The same procedure as every year, James! (dinner for one)
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:47 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

In a "digital download" world maybe it would make sense to release a "quieter" version for "connoisseurss" in addition to the regular "loundess-war-enabled" version. It's a win-win - diehard collectors will buy both, average Joes will buy the loud one, we will buy the quieter one :)
Post Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:02 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Well, at least the vinyl recording looks sensible compared to the other one.

Still haven't listened the albums in question to OR seen similar comparison photos of the Essentials & Rarities vinyl and CD versions, but I heard that the vinyl version was full of loudness war as well.

A shame, for example the vinyl version of Depeche Mode's Playing the Angel is clearly superior to the loudnessloudness CD version, long gone are the days when you could expect the vinyl version to still be more properly mastered...

... but in the case of these 12'' singles, I guess they've been done well? In any rate, I haven't received my copies yet and if they've been shoddily packed, well, that'll be just f'n dandy. :P
Post Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:09 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

From JMJ's facebook:

"The pre-order for my new album is finally here! Pre-order today and receive 4 songs before the release!

Exclusive boxset limited to 1000 units signed and numbered only available via

http://myplay.me/1efm
iTunes: http://smarturl.it/jmj_eproject_itunes
Amazon: http://smarturl.it/jmj_eproject_amazon
"

Ummm. Am I missing the "regular physical CD" release here?
Post Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:55 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Most intriguing. But eh, "hey, here's part 1 and soon you can pay more for PART 2!" is kind of weird. And I've never heard of MyPlay Direct before (or maybe I have, since the page is quite familiar).

Not gonna lie, the deluxe boxes do intrigue me, but eh, we'll see. ;)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl