Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:46 pm
bearcub1972

After promises year on year, there should be something we can remember from Jean - Michel Jarre (note he has put the - back (surely this means something great?)) I am sad to say that as a fan since 86, this will be my last venture unless it provides something I can once again jump around my living room to. Of course everyone is welcome to their own opinion and should not be slagged off (as there are fans doing so here) for voicing their opinion. Just because JMJ releases a new album does not mean we should not all worship the ground he walks on. I think we are all in agreement we are looking for something creative, artistic, innovative and in keeping with the style he has (lost or) been famous for in the past. For me, this snippet does not make me go (wooooooo, wow, amazing, best thing ever,) and pre order a copy. Berate me off if you like for voicing my opinion (and I do not have Oxygene or Equinoxe on repeat constantly,) but it simply sounds like something on loop and doesn't fill me with joy like the prospect of a new CD used to. I wait with baited breath. ????
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:53 pm
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

I've actually had an email from the Sony newsletter !
Glory +++ Glory +++ Glory +++ Glory +++ Sollte der Newsletter nicht richtig angezeigt werden, klicke bitte hier NEWSLETTER World Premier of new Song with M83 in the Interstellar Time Capsule Film

Inspired by Paramount’s Academy Award®-winning epic, Interstellar, Google Play releases EMIC this week- a short film comprised of almost 8,000 video submissions from people all around the world, highlighting the human spirit and how that manifests itself around the globe. From director and editor David Brodie (The Witness, Survivors) and creative director Angus Wall (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network), the short film is available to audiences for free on Google Play.

Watch the film to the end and listen to a new Jean-Michel Jarre track with M83 called "Glory" in the end credits g.co/EMIC

“Glory”, by Jean-Michel Jarre & M83, is an excerpt from Jean-Michel Jarre’s forthcoming new studio Album.
A bit late seeing as we already knew this over a week ago !
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:55 pm
jeanbatman

Online Now
Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

Adam wrote:A bit late seeing as we already knew this over a week ago !
At least this newsletter functions…
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

The news of the newsletter are no longer news for fans, as this arrived with a difference of nearly two weeks of what has been announced in the press ... but there is just something new ... this promotional photo ... which could be a good cover of the new album .... just speculation:

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:03 pm
al

Black Bird wrote:I personally havn`t known about a group called M83 before. I have now looked at several videos on Youtube of them. I know them now, but sorry, I do not like anything. ( It could be otherwise)
Check this amazing piece (mostly instrumental) titled "Couleurs":

Concerts attended:
Oxygene Tour 2008: Bucharest (10.11.2008)
Tour 2010: Bucharest (03.06.2010)
Post Posted Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:43 pm
moogyfoogy

Anyway.[/quote]
Some of them here living in this bubble! And they don't accept anything out of that! I don't like everything what Jarre does but my mind is more wide and don't judge immediately. I will listen first carefully. Not judging 2 minutes or even 46 second of music. Ok, if you don't like it since the beginning, I understand. But how you can judge a whole album only from a short part of a song that will be including on the new album. Poor people, go back in your cave and listen 24h/24h to Oxygene or Equinoxe. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe[/quote]

I agree with you Christophe. its not possible to judge anything from what we have heard. I am expecting good things from this album however the first single is obviously going to be sony's choice and possibly the most commercial track on the album so I am am looking forward to hearing the whole lot. after all, he has spent a considerable amount of time making it. there also still is the possibility of an entirely solo album, which he has mentioned a few times. I think the collaboration album is to gain some credibility with the wider electronic community and a second solo effort will surface in time.
Post Posted Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:48 pm
Black Bird

al wrote:
Black Bird wrote:I personally havn`t known about a group called M83 before. I have now looked at several videos on Youtube of them. I know them now, but sorry, I do not like anything. ( It could be otherwise)

Yes, thank you Al, this sounds nice to me :nod:
Dr_Jones wrote:
Black Bird wrote:Chronic critics will say he alone can compose no more. But why should M83 contribute to a song if it sounds by JMJ? That's probably it will be the same with the other tracks. Hans Zimmer will sound like Hans Zimmer and Tangerine Dream like Tangerine Dream (unfortunately the last piece of Edgar Froese), etc. etc. Probably!
True, but a track featuring Natasha Atlas still sounds like Jarre, just like a track featuring Sharon Corr.
I never heard about these two ladies, but I`m interested to hear more about Natacha Atlas. Thank you for the " recommendation" Dr.Jones :)
Post Posted Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I remember when for a brief moment, people here thought that Chromatics - Tick of the Clock was a new JMJ track since it was featured in some JMJ car video. Hell, even I thought so for a moment. And it's quite a nice track, at that, and also quite Jarre-like (QVDUS comes to mind).

But it made me realize that JMJ isn't exactly a pioneer of sound these days.

And there are loads of artists trying to emulate (or succeeding at it) the 1970s analogue synthesizer sounds of JMJ, Tangerine Dream and the whole lot. So JMJ going that way would be yet another instance of "trying to relive past glories, eh?", which also was a somewhat common reaction to Oxygene 7-13 (which will turn legal later this year).

So the soundscapes of the new album will likely sound like just about any other record from the 2010s, but if the music is great, I don't give a hoot. Too early to tell if this is gonna be the case.
Post Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:39 pm
Phil

Glory...
Velodynamic wrote:To put it simply this way; It sounds 99% M83 and 0% Jean Michel Jarre. :pwned: (...)
+1

[ EMIC video - 2 mn of "Glory" inside ]
[hide]EMIC on other websites :mrgreen: :
:arrow:
:arrow:
(the music starts at the end credits)
[/hide]
Post Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 pm
Robi

No youtube?

Let's have rutube!

"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:19 am
al

Black Bird wrote:
al wrote:

Yes, thank you Al, this sounds nice to me :nod:
Also this very short instrumental ("Fountains") reminds me of JMJ a bit:
Concerts attended:
Oxygene Tour 2008: Bucharest (10.11.2008)
Tour 2010: Bucharest (03.06.2010)
Post Posted Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:26 am
RemarkableRadio

Finally managed to check Glory thanks to the rutube post.
I think the song is cool and actually quite 21st century.

I am interested to see what will come.

I did crack up about some people on this thread telling each other if you can or can not judge a song by hearing it for 50%. I am pretty sure this song is not an audio version of the movie From Dusk Till Dawn!

Anyone, keep it up, it was an enjoyable read.
Post Posted Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

"EMIC" M83 and Jean-Michel Jarre together on the track "Glory" - 16 April 2015

The collaboration between Jean-Michel Jarre and M83 should not go unnoticed. Both composers reveal the title "Glory", created for the soundtrack of the short film "EMIC".

Almost 30 years apart but their passion for electronic music brings them together in 2015. The two French producers Jean-Michel Jarre and M83 have worked together on the track "Glory". This song will be available on download platforms on 15 May 2015. It was specially composed to accompany the images of the short film "EMIC" to discover exclusively on Google Play. This joint project of Google Play and Paramount Pictures was mentioned for the first time in November 2014. It had announced at the time a documentary inspired by the movie "Interstellar" by Christopher Nolan (2014) and called on users to contribute in its development by submitting their own video.

David Brodie and Angus Wall, Editor for "The Social Network" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" took care to select images from the 8,000 submitted videos. The result is impressive and wants to witness the world as men perceive it today, for future generations. The descendants of Jean-Michel Jarre and M83 is assured.

Source: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Jean-Mich ... 96780.html
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010