Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:27 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 35
Likes received  : 60

It's 200 euros and it's his handwriting.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am
Jote

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 22

funkygreenalien wrote:@ Jote

What did you expected?
Honestly, I expected at least track stories to be there, "JMJ remixes" of Conquistador and possibly something that we haven't heard yet. Even a dumb instrumental version of Glory would be cool. Or an a capella version. SOMETHING. I mean - most of the remixes on this release are pretty terrible.
These fan editions are just some marketing products to sell this overpriced boxes to the fans. This is nothing special at all. I hope for the fans who have bought this, that at least the signature of Jean Michel Jarre is realy signed by JMJ. But you never know this at all.
Yup. But for me the signature is the least interesting part of the release. I own a couple of his signatures and I witnessed all of them actually happen (maybe except one). Because, when you think about it - the most important thing about a signature are memories - when you actually met that person. But I digress.

I knew the sets were overpriced, but I really expected more. But that's me, and I hope at least people who ordered them are satisfied.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:31 am
Jote

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 22

Dr_Jones, can you tell us more about the "megamix"? How long is it? Does it really include all tracks? Are they edited specially (for instance to match tempo)? Or is it a simple fade-in/fade-out deal?
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:11 am
Finaero

Likes given: 29
Likes received  : 13

Box currently in France, it really better get here today.

If only previous albums or the PLD concert saw a similar release. Never gonna happen, tho'!
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:30 am
funkygreenalien

Dr_Jones wrote:It's 200 euros and it's his handwriting.
Alright 200 euro then. But I can do also the same signature. Do you actualy thinks that Jarre himself signed all those 1000 piece of papers?? Realy? I don't think so. It is very obvious that some members of the record company signed this in the name of Jarre. That is very normal. 1000 signatures from 1 person to each box? Don't believe this. Jarre signed nothing on these boxes.

Again sorry for this negativity, but i don't believe this. These boxes with vynil and all are just for the fans. Sony music very good in marketing
In music industry there is so much fake and bullshit. You fans never want to know what it realy is.

The original CD is the best buy. All the rest is nothing more than extra money for Sony music.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:40 am
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Jote wrote:Dr_Jones, can you tell us more about the "megamix"? How long is it? Does it really include all tracks? Are they edited specially (for instance to match tempo)? Or is it a simple fade-in/fade-out deal?
There are a few extra beats and swoops/swooshes but nothing special really.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:25 am
Finaero

funkygreenalien wrote:Again sorry for this negativity, but i don't believe this.
No problem with expressing what you think. ;)

Alright, box has now arrived in Finland, waiting at a postal sorting center. So maybe it will get here by 6 PM. ... or due to the fact that it is now in Finland, I'll only get it in a week or so. We'll see. ;)
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:25 am
Dr_Jones

The megamix is 70 minutes long, a bit longer than the actual album. There's a transitional effect between each track (except automatic 1 and 2 obviously). It's quite interesting, but not amazing. The transition between track 1 and 2 is very shoddy, a badly done copy/paste job of the first 2 drum sounds (the echo is cut off). Otherwise, it's interesting.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:07 am
Finaero

Received a phone call, should get my box by 4 PM. Soon... soon....
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:23 am
Dr_Jones

funkygreenalien wrote: Alright 200 euro then. But I can do also the same signature. Do you actualy thinks that Jarre himself signed all those 1000 piece of papers?? Realy? I don't think so. It is very obvious that some members of the record company signed this in the name of Jarre. That is very normal. 1000 signatures from 1 person to each box? Don't believe this. Jarre signed nothing on these boxes.
The handwriting for the numbers is the same on each packaging (I've compared 4 now), if that's something (the 9 is pretty characteristic for this)
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:59 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 12

Jean-Michel Jarre: "The electronics are more sensual than intellectual" - 15 October 2015

The French public 'Electronics: 1. The Time Machine' where he reviews a half-century of electronic music accompanied by great artists

Source: http://www.lavanguardia.com/musica/2015 ... ctual.html

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:12 am
funkygreenalien

Dr_Jones wrote:
funkygreenalien wrote: Alright 200 euro then. But I can do also the same signature. Do you actualy thinks that Jarre himself signed all those 1000 piece of papers?? Realy? I don't think so. It is very obvious that some members of the record company signed this in the name of Jarre. That is very normal. 1000 signatures from 1 person to each box? Don't believe this. Jarre signed nothing on these boxes.
The handwriting for the numbers is the same on each packaging (I've compared 4 now), if that's something (the 9 is pretty characteristic for this)
Ok, cava, no prob. It is possible. And the people who bought or ordered the special limited edition, it is a very nice and a very special collectors item. Enjoy.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:06 am
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Christophe wrote:
shadow wrote:With the lack of any available other sources I recreated the Deluxe Box cover (minus the name). If anyone perhaps perfers this one :)

Can you create one with the text? :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Sure I'll get around to it some time the next few days ;)
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:07 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 12

The Sound-Oven wrote:I be interested to know how the album charts..ive seen mostly good reviews so far :peacemaan:

Jean-Michel Jarre est l'invité de Stephane Bern A la bonne heure - 15 Octobre 2015

Source: http://www.rtl.fr/culture/arts-spectacl ... 7780097921
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:28 am
Christophe

shadow wrote:
Christophe wrote:
shadow wrote:With the lack of any available other sources I recreated the Deluxe Box cover (minus the name). If anyone perhaps perfers this one :)

Can you create one with the text? :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Sure I'll get around to it some time the next few days ;)
Danku, merci, thank you, gracias, grazie, ...

2020 Zoolook.nl