Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Question about Chronologie 4 (with longer ending)

Post Posted Thu May 07, 2015 5:18 pm
Jon

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the recording of Chronologie 4 with the longer ending, where did that recording come from? actual limited release? leaked studio recording?

The MP3 version I have has crackles to suggest it came from a vinyl (or its a bad rip)
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu May 07, 2015 5:21 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 12

http://www.discogs.com/Jean-Michel-Jarr ... ase/332936

Yeah, I also had a crackle-tastic version of it until I bought that promo myself in 2009 or 2010, which was way superior. And almost right after Dr_Jones posted his rip of it which was superior to mine. Oh times! ;]
Post Posted Thu May 07, 2015 6:48 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 33
Likes received  : 49

Sorry :-S
Post Posted Thu May 07, 2015 7:01 pm
Jon

So to confirm, it is the Chrono 2 release on side A that has the full version with longer grittar-solo (aka, studio version)
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu May 07, 2015 7:14 pm
Dr_Jones

Yes, it's the black sleeve one.
Post Posted Thu May 07, 2015 9:28 pm
Jon

Thank you Dr_Jones and Finaero. I wanted to check so I know which is the right one to track down as I want a better quality recording than the crackle-laden one I already have.

Post Posted Fri May 08, 2015 8:31 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

If you want I can send my personal recording, not perfect but it's pretty good for the equipment that I own...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat May 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Jon

shadow wrote:If you want I can send my personal recording, not perfect but it's pretty good for the equipment that I own...
That is very kind of you, thank you 8)

Post Posted Sat May 09, 2015 7:44 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 12

Dr_Jones wrote:Sorry :-S
Well, not your fault in any way. ;)

Yet at the time I was sort of let down when I got my copy of that promo for quite cheap and while it sounded miles better than the MP3 I had, then it turned out it had been quite frequently played before so it had lost some of its oomph.

(Or maybe I should try listening/recording to it with my current equipment some day, who knows!)
Post Posted Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 am
Dv_

Post Posted Tue May 12, 2015 1:50 pm
The Sound-Oven

Hi all

Please correct if I am wrong, but there is no ''extended ending'' version to Chronologie 4.

If someone can give me the link directly to the song then I'll be interested in this extended ending.

thanks

Harjinder
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Tue May 12, 2015 2:39 pm
Dr_Jones

Post Posted Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm
The Sound-Oven

Thanks Velodynamic.

This is the first time I have heard this longer version!

It takes along the happy ending that much more further

very nice :P
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Tue May 12, 2015 5:36 pm
Dr_Jones

The Sound-Oven wrote:Thanks Velodynamic.

This is the first time I have heard this longer version!

It takes along the happy ending that much more further

very nice :P
The name is Jones, Doctor Jones.
Post Posted Tue May 12, 2015 5:45 pm
Jon

I have never understood as to why they never used this fuller version for the album.

2020 Zoolook.nl