Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CD - J.M.JARRE - RECOLLECTION

Post Posted Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:58 pm
melo

Jean Michel Jarre - Recollection

Release date: August/ 28th - 2015

selist: no list yet !

Cover: no pics yet !

Labe: Epic/Sony Music Germany

ASIN: B010U1MGT6

link: http://www.amazon.de/Recollection-Jarre-Jean-Michel/dp/B010U1MGT6/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1436187313&sr=1-1&keywords=jarre
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Now if only we had another compilation of stuff that hasn't been released instead of even more re-releases of album releases... Guess the unofficial Rarities is the best we'll be getting...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:36 pm
Christophe

Like the name said: RECOLLECTION. Especially the pronunciation on RE? :mrgreen:

Maybe songs from the REmastered albums. I hope it will be something different then what we get from the last years. A compilation with different songs that never came out on a compilation album and not again the regular stuff like Oxygene 4, Equinoxe 5, ... But I'm afraid of that! :|

Other thoughts are that maybe this compilation will be something with remixes from the new tracks. Something like the Remix EP. That's why it's called RECOMPILATION. RE is comming from remixes. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:20 pm
RemarkableRadio

Ah, hooray. Can someone please shoot me in the face if this really is a new compilation?
Post Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 am
Black Bird

:punch:
Post Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:03 pm
melo

Ok, another compilation :

1. Oxygene, Pt. 2
2. Arpegiateur - Live
3. Oxygene, Pt. 4
4. Souvenir De Chine - Live
5. Equinoxe, Pt. 4
6. Zoolookologie
7. Magnetic Fields, Pt. 1
8. Magnetic Fields, Pt. 2
9. Equinoxe, Pt. 5
10. Chronologie, Pt. 4
11. Fourth Rendez-Vous
12. Oxygene, Pt. 6
13. Bells
14. Last Rendez Vous

source: Amazon Germany
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 pm
jerome

RemarkableRadio wrote:Ah, hooray. Can someone please shoot me in the face if this really is a new compilation?
A contract for reissues and new album release signed with a new label or new distributor always comes with a compilation release. It's part of the deal... Same happened several times in JMJ's career, so nothing to be surprised of, really...
Post Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 33
Likes received  : 49

RemarkableRadio wrote:Ah, hooray. Can someone please shoot me in the face if this really is a new compilation?
Do you want it to be a Walther PPK or a Colt Single Action Army?
Post Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:13 am
Velodynamic

Such a total waste of resources. :punch:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:40 am
Christophe

Look here:

Vangelis have around 20 compilation albums. Most of them with the same tracks! Ok, sometimes (2 or 3 times I guess) with an unreleased track included. But is that not boring? :roll: :?

Mike Oldfield have around 8 compilation albums. Most of them without added new material! And always Tubular Bells and stuff like that. Is that not crazy, earn easy money? :shock:

Jean-Michel Jarre don't have so much compilation albums like Vangelis, it's more like Mike Oldfield. But still the same tracks like before. Only merged a little bit more. If someone want to introduced with the music of Jarre this new compilation, Recollection, is a good start! For fans it's another compilation for to complete there collection. At least we get a new image on the front cover. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:03 pm
Velodynamic

I think Jean-Michel Jarre actually has got more compilations then Vangelis.
There seem to be almost 22 or something of them if you really start to count "the other" compilation albums. :wink:
I'm not counting the CD box-sets as compilations as they often contains full length albums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Mich ... iscography

Mike O has got a huuge bunch of compilations and probably 6 or 7 remakes or remasters of TB alone so I give you that. He is probably up there somewhere too.
But still it doesn't make it any less tiresome every time the labels starts milking money from old tracks. :)
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:19 pm
Christophe

Velodynamic wrote:I think Jean-Michel Jarre actually has got more compilations then Vangelis.
There seem to be almost 25 of them if you really start to count "the other" compilation albums. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Mich ... iscography
I don't count Complete Oxygene, AERO and some others in the list of compilation albums. They are real albums to me. AERO are reworked tracks. I think Vangelis don't have complete reworked tracks on a compilation album. I think only Hymn on Portraits is a reworked track. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:12 am
Jon

Although I like Bells, it's a bit of the odd one out in that track listing.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:46 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

The inclusion of Bells is great, personally one of my higher Jarre tracks post Oxygene 7-13. Really happy to see that track (and in a sense the album) get some more attention this way.
Christophe wrote:Look here:

Vangelis have around 20 compilation albums. Most of them with the same tracks! Ok, sometimes (2 or 3 times I guess) with an unreleased track included. But is that not boring? :roll: :?
Might also want to add the small fact that Vangelis has done a bazillion albums more than Jarre will ever be able to do, hence why there are more compilation albums. But more importantly that Vangelis has stated time and time again how much he despises corporations and having to work through a record company to get his music out there (remember that 40~10 years ago that was the only option to get your music out there) which meant stuff like these compilations which add absolutely nothing and were being pushed out time and time again by, usually RCA, against his will since they fully own alot of that music.

In this care it's clearly Jarre who's partially pulling the strings by the small fact of the cover of the compilation. This is just a waste of resources. I'm fine with a compilation, but actually make it worthwhile by adding something interesting. A new track (Essentials & Rarities/Images), remixes (Images) or even brand new 12' remixes. But don't release a new compilation album where 99% was already part of multiple another compilation album. And let us nor forget the "amazing" remastering job that'll be done on all those tracks... By David Perreau... Again...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:16 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 2

Thing is people who don't often listen to JMJ may have a preconceived idea about JMJs music.

As for new listeners, something different from the usual compilation tracks would help.

To address both sets of listeners, here is my compilation : showcasing diverseness of JMJs music.

World : Revolutions, Fishing Junks at Sunset, September.

Melancholy : Ethnicolor 2, Rendezvous 1, Ron's Peace, Magnetic Fields 3.

Avant Garde : Diva, Ethnicolor 1, Miss Moon.

Humorous :   Love Love Love,   Fresh News, Chatterbox, Computer Weekend.

Jazzy noodling : September 14.

Little bit Eric Satie : Near Djaina

Exploration of inner space : Waiting For Cousteau.

Housey Trancey : Alive in Bourges, Paris Bourges.

Drum n Bass: Crazy Saturday

Guitars : Chronologie 3.

Drums programming space jazz : Tokyo Kid.

Big Beat : Moon Machine, Blah Blah Cafe.

Baroque electronica : Rendezvous 2, Industrial Revolution.

Sequences, layering : Arppegiator, Nights In Shanghai, Calypso 2.

Ambient : December 17, Whispers of Life.

2020 Zoolook.nl