Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica 2: The Heart of Noise by Jean-Michel Jarre

Post Posted Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 pm
Velodynamic

Likes received  : 1

I got an e-mail from myplaydirect where they apologizes that something went wrong with my order of Fan Box part 2 and they welcome me to make a new order.
First; they never sent me the part 1 of the Fan Box due to some problem with my Visa card transaction.
Second; I never ordered part 2 as I discovered something didn't "clicked" with my money transaction.
So that e-mail felt just...weird. :roll:

Anyway only a few hours away now for the release of ≡l≡CTRONlCΛ 2: TH≡ H≡ΛRT OF NOIS≡ :nod:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu May 05, 2016 9:44 pm
Ziggy

I am so sick of this bullcrap.
It already got leaked on the known spots.
Post Posted Thu May 05, 2016 10:02 pm
phil40

Hi guys just want to say ive just listened to only a couple of snippets from that snippet trailer for vol 2, I want to wait till I have the actual album then listen to the whole thing, I'm totally in love with the pet shop boys track, catchy, upbeat and the Julia holter track sounds pretty dam powerful and uplifting, both songs are feel good songs.

Mr jarre is back with a bang and still has the touch, I dnt think he has ever lost it, I think hes just tried different routes of the musical world and now hes back with what sounds like a stunning album and a huge tour.

Welcome back jean Michel

Hppy listening people

:peacemaan:

:peacemaan: :peacemaan: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Post Posted Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Velodynamic wrote:Anyway only a few hours away now for the release of ≡l≡CTRONlCΛ 2: TH≡ H≡ΛRT OF NOIS≡ :nod:
No email for now what-so-ever. So I guess that's good news?
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 12:14 am
ReallyGouda

Velodynamic wrote: Anyway only a few hours away now for the release of ≡l≡CTRONlCΛ 2: TH≡ H≡ΛRT OF NOIS≡ :nod:
Aw yeah! I'm most looking forward to listening to this album. :fine:
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 5:20 am
Finaero

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 14

Ziggy wrote:Here is one for you.
Did somebody check the DR values?
If you download the stems for HOT and export them yourself would it be better?
That's my question from a few pages ago as well. I've got a WAV where I've put all the stems together so if anyone wants to DR'ify that one, I could send it to them. Or they can just make it on their own in Audacity, for example. ;)

Won't expect the album to come in today from Amazon.co.uk (when I'm not at home anyway), gotta listen to it tomorrow on Spotify first thing in the morning...
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 6:36 am
Christophe

I bought the album in iTunes. I listening right now to "Swipe to the Right" with "Cyndi Lauper". I realy like it. It let me dance from the first notes of the song The use of the Minipops sound is good. I never hear that in a "regular" popsong. That's cool! Much better than "As One"! 8) :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 6:39 am
Christophe

"Walking the Mile" with "Christophe" is a strange song. But still this strangeness works on me. :P :D :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 am
shadow

I hate MPD. It's eight o'clock guys! Where the hell is my download!?
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:55 am
netrom

Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 8:13 am
Elf

Is it me, or is the continuous mix anything but continuous?
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 8:46 am
shadow

I wouldn't know. MyDirect is being terrible as always and still hasn't send me my download...

Edit: More hidden pictures!

From Switch on Leon (The Orb) towards the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short and personal impressions on from just my first time listening.

The Heart of Noise Pt. 1 & Pt. 2
Very Vangelis sounding, it's a great way to open the album. The second part could've been done without, but it's a harmless more upbeat version.

Brick England:
I quite like the track. It's nothing special, but it did click with me immediately. Can't really put my finger on why. Harmless fun I guess!

These Creatures:
It's not a bad track, but this was outright boring. The music is not memorable, and the lyrics (and voice) aren't strong enough to support the music. A different singer could've saved this from being completely forgettable I guess. But even that I doubt actually.

As One:
It start very Ethnicolor-ish, which is a good thing! But nearly a minute and a half of built up on a four minute track is way to long. I absolutely loved the rest of the track, but it should've been a bit longer because I freakin LOVE the second part! By far the best collaboration track of the bunch! You can even argue of both albums, but with how good The Time Machine was that'd be one hell of a discussion!

Here For You:
The chorus is fine, but I'm, not a fan of Numan's singing outside of that. I guess that's just the guy though. The music is fine, nothing good, nothing bad. Just meh.

Electrees:
It stars super Jarre-ish, but a tad lighter than usual. But what I had with As One goes for this as well, so much build up for not enough payback. The track should've been much longer and with a stronger punch at the end. But it's great to hear Zimmer outside of his movie scores for once.

Exit:
Solo Jarre and very... Not Jarre... Like at all. But I like the track, it does go pretty well with the concept of data security and breaching. It almost feels like a track from the Brosnan Bond films. Which is not a bad thing.

What You Want:
Already mentioned this when the single was released, absolutely terrible track. Terrible Lyrics, so-so music and the Magnetic Fields Pt. 2 drum doesn't help what-so-ever!

Gisele:
The Travelator Pt. 2 of this album, and that's a very good thing! Not a fan of whatever the hell for weird filter they decided to throw over Tellier's voice. But it's still a really fun track!

Switch on Leon:
And another track that seems to build up a lot with not enough of a pay-off. I like the track, both the first half and the second half. But it just feels like the balance is off.

Circus:
The track (outside of Falling Down) that I was most looking forward actually. The trailer had the short chorus and I absolutely loved it. And the full track doesn't disappoint. It's a great track, I just wish it went on longer!

Why This, Why That and Why:
Two words: Oh Yeah!

The Architect:
It's a good track, but it lacks any cohesive structure I feel. I really like the 'whoop'ing sound throughout. Can't really say much about the track honestly. It's just fine I guess.

Swipe To The Right:
I love me some Cindy Lauper. I really do. But did she really have to use that terrible whiny voice? I like the rest of it however. Great voice in the chorus, music sounds pretty good (though I do wish we got the 'leaked' demo also). It's a pretty good pop track all in all actually.

Walking the Mile:
I think this track has the same problems as What You Want has. The music just isn't very good and the lyrics don't help either. It's no doubt the better track of the two, but not by much. The guitar and Jazz ending really saves the track from complete disaster honestly. Actually, I think if the entire track was the Jazz ending I would've considered this one of the better tracks on the album!

Falling Down:
THIS! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED MOST OF ALL! It sounds like what Jarre would do these days and I love it! The voice could've been dropped, but the music sounds great! I absolutely love it!

The Heart of Noise (The Origin):
It's basically The Heart of Noise but more... Well I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think. I think this was the demo or something. This really was just a filler.

Overall thoughts shared between the two albums. The Heart of Noise has the higher highs, but sadly also the much, much lower lows. The Time Machine has the much more cohesive structure of the two albums and it's overall quality seems much higher.
I'm not sure if that's because that album had more time and this album being seemingly pushed out in the six months since the last one. I guess there's enough between the two albums to justify both albums existing. But there's sadly also a lot that's completely forgettable.

Now the real question is: What happened to that promised solo album?
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 10:04 am
netrom

one could, perhaps, claim it's continuous, but there is no mix...
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 10:58 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 40
Likes received  : 66

Ziggy wrote:Here is one for you.
Did somebody check the DR values?
If you download the stems for HOT and export them yourself would it be better?
I've posted the DR results a few pages ago. Average DR of 4
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 am
Finaero

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 14

But are those ( http://www.zoolook.nl/forum/viewtopic.p ... 338#197338 ) results for the CD audio only, or did you use the "combined contest stem track" audio for HoN parts 1 and 2?

2020 Zoolook.nl