Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica 2: The Heart of Noise by Jean-Michel Jarre

Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 35
Likes received  : 60

Elf wrote:I got the box set two days ago. Where can I see the number?
On the back of the lid, there's a certificate with a signature of JMJ and a number.
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:54 am
Hans_Best

Dr_Jones wrote:
On the back of the lid, there's a certificate with a signature of JMJ and a number.
Just to make sure - you are talking about the back of the lid of the first box, shipped last year? Please don't tell me, you received the content of the second part in an extra box with lid... :|

Something different: What is so important / interesting on the DR values. I'm not very familiar with those kind of things, but understood it is 'dynamic range'. But what does it actually tell someone / whats the benefit? Does it work for wav files only?

Thanks for enlighting me :)

Cheers
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:12 am
Elf

Dr_Jones wrote:
Elf wrote:I got the box set two days ago. Where can I see the number?
No lid in my shipment. I only got the vinyls, the finger prints, the usb stick, CD, poster and liner notes. They were not inside a box.

Are you talking about the lid of vol 1, which came in a box, and where I'm obviously supposed to put the contents of vol 2?
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:35 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 12

Promotion from Brussels:

Jean-Michel Jarre featuired on Metropolis - Brussels - 2016

Music: Jean-Michel Jarre, dean of the French electronic music
It is among the most famous French musicians. In the late 1970s, it is with "Oxygen" as Jean-Michel Jarre performs one of the best-selling album of all time. The second part of the double album "Electronica" has just been published. In collaboration with celebrities like Moby or Rone, Jean-Michel Jarre celebrates electronic music.

Official video by ARTE TV: http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/063705-008-A/metropolis
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:14 am
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Hans_Best wrote:Just to make sure - you are talking about the back of the lid of the first box, shipped last year? Please don't tell me, you received the content of the second part in an extra box with lid... :|
No one did, we all just received the two vinyl's, posters/fingerprints, CD and USB packed together. You're apparently supposed to insert in all into the box you received last year. Despite showing a photo that we'd apparently receive a second box, this is seemingly not the case.
Hans_Best wrote:Something different: What is so important / interesting on the DR values. I'm not very familiar with those kind of things, but understood it is 'dynamic range'. But what does it actually tell someone / whats the benefit? Does it work for wav files only?
No it works on pretty much all audio files. But the Dynamic Range shows how much space there is between the highest highs and the lowest lows in terms of volume (and the average of course). The more space there is, the better. Although the range of course largely also depends on what the genre is. Trance for example usually has an lower average because that's simply how the music works. This YouTube Video, while not going into the technical details shows very clearly what it is and how it effects music.
Elf wrote:No lid in my shipment. I only got the vinyls, the finger prints, the usb stick, CD, poster and liner notes. They were not inside a box.

Are you talking about the lid of vol 1, which came in a box, and where I'm obviously supposed to put the contents of vol 2?
It seems you're supposed to insert it into the boxset of the first album. I've done so and it does fit rather snug in there.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:33 pm
Hans_Best

shadow wrote:
Hans_Best wrote:Something different: What is so important / interesting on the DR values. I'm not very familiar with those kind of things, but understood it is 'dynamic range'. But what does it actually tell someone / whats the benefit? Does it work for wav files only?
No it works on pretty much all audio files. But the Dynamic Range shows how much space there is between the highest highs and the lowest lows in terms of volume (and the average of course). The more space there is, the better. Although the range of course largely also depends on what the genre is. Trance for example usually has an lower average because that's simply how the music works. This YouTube Video, while not going into the technical details shows very clearly what it is and how it effects music.
Thank you for the video and explanation - that was really helpful :o
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:28 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 12

Promotion from China:

South China Morning News - Interview - 3 June 2016

Jean-Michel Jarre talks about his plans to return to China with his latest album

Source: http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-maga ... rd-snowden
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:17 pm
jeanbatman

Where does he talk about retourning to China, please ?
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:24 pm
starmike

Finaero wrote:Quite a lackluster "Collector's Box" compared to the E1 one (which IMO was more or less worth the price). Most of the track stories are from E1, IIRC the remixes were horrible (aside from Rising Star(dust)) and I'm not really one of those people who dig "Electronic Press Kits". Guess I got lucky when I cancelled my E2 preorder and just bought the CD instead...

Quite the shame.

Now where's that Paris La Defense inedité BluRay?

:punch:
It's not supposed to be a box on its own. What's in the Part 2 shipment is supposed to be placed in the Part 1 box. There was an extra CD slot for the Pt. 2 CD, a slot for the Pt. 2 thumb drive.
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:36 pm
Pat Gleeson

There was never supposed to be a box for Part 2. The box that came with Part 1 is designed to hold all the contents for both volumes

Electronica Deluxe Fan Box

Elf, underneath the lid of the original Part 1 box is where the JMJ signed and numbered certificate is supposed to be ...
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:43 pm
Violator

Likes received  : 1

Pat Gleeson wrote: Electronica Deluxe Fan Box
Deluxe Fan Box doesn't exists. Deluxe Box and Fan Box do exist only.
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:26 pm
Herr Dunkel

@ Christophe, re: What You Want 7"

I received the single a couple of days ago. There is no difference between the US release and the EU release: clear vinyl, one sided, made in Germany. Which makes sense after JMJ said it was a 1,000 copy release worldwide.

By the way, does anyone know the number of copies for the Exit 7"? It was released on Record Store Day in several countries in Europe, so it was limited for sure, but since release day of Electronica 2 it's been available in the US on Amazon (and sold by Amazon) and it's the same record, and they still have it in stock. Granted, it's for hard-core fans and completists only, but I'm surprised there are still copies around if it was just a small batch of singles...
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:01 pm
-MD-

So, this is a bit confusing. A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from MyPlayDirect reminding me that I hadn't ordered Fan Box 2. I prompty ordered it (May 19) and it had an estimated ship date of May 25.

However.... I haven't received the item, and today when I visit the site to check on my order, the site has completely changed to PopMarket.com and they have no record of my order?!?!7

Can anyone please advise?
Post Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:19 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Email the new website, they should know the details of your order. The old site has merged with a new one and all old information you had access to has been completely removed.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Pat Gleeson

-MD- wrote: However.... I haven't received the item, and today when I visit the site to check on my order, the site has completely changed to PopMarket.com and they have no record of my order?!?!7

Can anyone please advise?
email: info@musicbox.de
with your vol.2 order number, and the email address you used for the order
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016

2020 Zoolook.nl