Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

MyPlayDirect - History of a nightmare

Post Posted Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 am
Hans_Best

Suggestion: All MyPlayDirect Experiences in this thread to keep the Electronica's threads 'clean' - if this is not wanted, just let me know...

The MyPlayDirect nightmare continuous (at least for me)... While I was happy to receive a shipping notification email for the deluxe box part two after my bank account was charged with 64 something Euro, today my credit card was charged with the same amount of money, too :shock:

Interesting, because I never have ordered the second box with payment method 'credit card', because of the issue with ordering box one. I tried to pay box one with credit card, but that order was declined due to whatever issues with my credit card reason, so both the first and the second box where paid by regular bank account.

Ok, it's not a big deal to reject the credit card charging, but they really do everything wrong (ok no real news :D ).

Since there seem to be some people here who might not get the second box, I will wait and see: If I receive two boxes, I will offer one here in the forum for the 'regular' price + shipping costs. If only one box arrives, it is anyhow my issue to solve out with MPD... Keep you posted.

Cheers :smoke:
Post Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:06 am
Velodynamic

The exact same thing happened to me back in 2015.
My pre-order of the fan box was declined because my money transfer didn't work. Not with pay-pal nor with my visa card.
They insisted me to try again so I ordered the deluxe-box.
Same thing happened. I got cold feet and turned my back to this strange company. I tried CDON but no luck there either.
At last I went to Amazon and ordered the regular stuffs. I'm happy I did. They've always worked great for me.
Then it was time for Electronica part2 and I got a new e-mail from MPD about completing the E1 fan-box eventhough they declined my orders in the first place. So I tossed it to the bin. Then I got a new mail about downloading the tracks from E2 wich ofcourse were filled with white noise.
Now MPD goes to my junk mailing list.
I suffer with all you peoples still struggling with MPD and with all the unhappiness they're causing.
All I can say is hang in there and stand up for your rights.

Best wishes...
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:48 am
Violator

Likes received  : 1

My card was charged about 5 days ago but I didn't receive any shipping notifications. I guess that something went wrong with my order.
Post Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:05 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

So the FedEx was here, however no one was at home. So hopefully tomorrow I should be receiving my boxset. My sister's sick, but she's in bed and apparently didn't hear the doorbell.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 35
Likes received  : 60

shadow wrote:So the FedEx was here, however no one was at home. So hopefully tomorrow I should be receiving my boxset. My sister's sick, so I thought I had it covered, but apparently she went out.
Ah, looks like the packages have reached the Netherlands, good news.
Post Posted Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:03 am
shadow

Received my box just now. Everything's in it, but it feels really ridiculously cheap. It's just the vinyls, some posters the CD and stick in some bubble wrap. I understand that it's supposed to be inserted into the boxset. But the way it was shipped just feels terrible. But atleast it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the first box. But some packaging specially made for the second box would've been appreciated.

Edit: Just checked the contents: another three fingerprints (Julia Holter, Christoph and Peaches), two posters, two records labelled 3 and 4, the USB stick and the CD. And yes I can confirm that the second track in the remixes folder is missing, so I'm assuming all 998 remaining copies will have it missing also. I'm satisfied with the contents, but the lack of the track along with this being my CD (and no, that is not my fingerprint) when I removed it really damper the experience, well that and the terrible service to boot.

Oh and before I forget. Absolutely no 3D mixes what-so-ever. That's honestly really disappointing, the first album had a few interesting choices in that regards even if they weren't really 3D. But I hoped to see more of them. And I think most of us already know about the hilarious Continuous Mix.
Post Posted Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:31 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 35
Likes received  : 60

The USB stick contents are abysmal. Continuous mix is just the regular album with no cuepoints, 3D mixes are not there, remixes missing and even a track which was on USB stick 1 (AvB remix of Stardust).
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:48 am
Violator

Likes received  : 1

Dr_Jones wrote:The USB stick contents are abysmal. Continuous mix is just the regular album with no cuepoints, 3D mixes are not there, remixes missing and even a track which was on USB stick 1 (AvB remix of Stardust).

You can file a claim to Sony Music because there is no exlusive content, no continuos mix and even 1 track is missing. And why after that they've delayed the deluxe version of the album?
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:58 am
shadow

I'm honestly considering just doing a charge back on the thing after rethinking the whole thing. The information about the USB stick is a flat out lie, we had to wait a months before we actually get the album because we got corrupted files the day of release (and sixteen hours to late to boot) and we never got the correct files despite the reminder for the album we received late last month and the USB stick is missing in content. I honestly think if I did they would've have a single leg to stand on if they were to argue as to why I would do so.

Anyone else?
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:30 pm
Hans_Best

shadow wrote:I'm honestly considering just doing a charge back on the thing after rethinking the whole thing. The information about the USB stick is a flat out lie, we had to wait a months before we actually get the album because we got corrupted files the day of release (and sixteen hours to late to boot) and we never got the correct files despite the reminder for the album we received late last month and the USB stick is missing in content. I honestly think if I did they would've have a single leg to stand on if they were to argue as to why I would do so.

Anyone else?
Yes, me - the only thing that worries me is not getting back the money when sending back the box...

But clearly the content that has been advertised hasn't been provided with the box:
All track stories (and even more than on the stick) available on the internet
Same with the trailers and the EPK was already provided with the first box
The megamix is nothing new as well...

Anybody knows what the deluxe box has more than the fan box?
Post Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:04 pm
ChoccyUK

I didn't get an email to say the box was on it's way and it just arrived today (thank goodness I was in to receive it!).

I looked in my account and see the money went out last week.

I deliberately did not download the music from their website this time as for box 1 I ended up with a duplicate box which was returned.

2020 Zoolook.nl