Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe Infinity - 16 November 2018

Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:38 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 1

Oxynoxe wrote:cheese like 'Computer Weekend' 30 years before.
Wrong.

You need to learn to distinguish cheese from humour.

JmJ has always shown his sense of humour, never taking himself too seriously :
in Zen in Hinduism in Sufism this is a sign of a Master.
We could all learn from this.

plate of chips wrote:
To appreciate Computer Weekend I'm going to set you a composition initiative.

You already have a head start as you are familiar with Computer Weekend.

Compose these clever musical motifs :
classical waltz element; jazz syncopated element; bass funk element; counterpointed with a string arrangement;
humorous light hearted melody overlaying the whole thing.

Now dovetail them together such that they complement each other superbly
all the while weaving in and out of each other.

There's more going on in Computer Weekend.
Ive made it simpler so you can grasp what's going on.

Not even Vangelis has composed something as clever as Computer Weekend.
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:39 am
plate of chips

Oxynoxe wrote: Because they're from Vangelis .... :wink:
A :wink: adds to inaccuracy of your opinion.

JmJ's brilliant compositions Oxy, Equi, partsofMf, CinC, Zoo, Rend 1236, Rev, Wfc46min have nothing to do with Vangelis.
That's why they are brilliant.

For instance 1988 Direct from Vangelis, 1990 The City are standard electronic music.
Revolutions in comparison is so far ahead, so ethnically diverse.
JmJ took electronic music to a whole new level.
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:55 am
Oxynoxe

plate of chips wrote:JmJ's brilliant compositions Oxy, Equi, partsofMf, CinC, Zoo, Rend 1236, Rev, Wfc46min have nothing to do with Vangelis.
My comment was about Movement 1+2 from 'Equinoxe Infinity': http://www.zoolook.nl/forum/viewtopic.p ... 917#203917 , http://www.zoolook.nl/forum/viewtopic.p ... 224#203224 , https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=a0O1SFGR1so (Pos. 9:51).

plate of chips wrote:You need to learn to distinguish humour from cheese.
And you need to accept other opinions and different tastes. And yes, I can accept that someone likes every crap .... :D
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am
Finaero

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 2

Jote wrote:
Finaero wrote:Hmm, now that Coachella Opening is really going to be recycled in the album... well, here's hoping Hymn to Akropolis won't be the next one to reappear. :P
"First composed this track for this album, before I played it at the Akropolis concerts in the summer of 2001: I thought that this piece would be a great opening-track for this venue, for my next appearance in China and as a tribute to pope John Paul II. Actually, that led me to work on the live-version before I recorded the studio-version with a different approach. So, both pieces are related to each other, but they are not exactly the same. [...]
Pre-order Equinoxe Infinity and win a test pressing signed by me: https://jean-michel-jarre.lnk.to/Equinoxe_all "
Crikey! I could see that happening.

Also, even with still intentionally avoiding to hear Movement 6, I'm going to assume that at the very least, it's not as bad as Aerology. Brr!
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:07 am
Jote

Online Now
Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 10

https://www.rtbf.be/vivacite/emissions/ ... ramId=4003

Spoiler alert: contains a snippet of "If a wind could speak (movement 5)" at 6:45
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 4
Likes received  : 8

06/11/2018
Via VivaCité

You do not dream ! 😱 It is well @jeanmicheljarre who was the guest of the whole team this morning 😎 The French musician came to present us his "Planet Jarre" as well as his new album to appear "Equinoxe Infinity" 😀👌 # jeanmicheljarre #planetjarre #equinoxeinfinity #music #compilation #album #new #invite # 89 #vivacity #rtbf

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm
Jarreshair

Jote wrote:https://www.rtbf.be/vivacite/emissions/ ... ramId=4003

Spoiler alert: contains a snippet of "If a wind could speak (movement 5)" at 6:45
Thanks for that Jote. Another surprise. Something else I wasn't expecting to hear on an Equinoxe album.

Jarre can speak French! Who knew? :wink:

Anyone else find it a bit strange the lack of interviews he does in the UK now?
He was very well know here from Oxygene to Oxygene 7-13 time.

Really liking Movement 3 now. I never had an issue with the bass line, it was the unmelodic accordion sound that was throwing me off. Very Chronologie I thought, but now I have got my head around it, it's very good.
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:55 pm
jeanbatman

We didn't learn anything new from that short interview. The interview with Nostalgie radio station at noon was much longer and more interesting as he talked about his career a bit more. He also said that Equinoxe was linked both to environment and technology...
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 2

Dr_Jones wrote:It's a bit Calypso meets Equinoxe.
Something like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlq23s2zy61xb ... t.mp3?dl=0
Post Posted Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:44 pm
plate of chips

Wrong.

Oxynoxe wrote: And yes, I can accept that someone likes every crap .... :D
You are being cheesy.

BTW I like you.

:::

Returning to Equinoxe Infinity

JmJ should just named the album Watchers. Attaching Equinoxe name makes unnecessary comparisons.
Post Posted Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 4
Likes received  : 8

An hour of live on @NostalgieBE with another @jeanmicheljarre wonderful day. And I'm serious about his Infinity Equinoxe.

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 am
Oxynoxe

plate of chips wrote:BTW I like you.
That's good .... :)
Post Posted Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 am
Oxygene

Jarreshair wrote: Really liking Movement 3 now. I never had an issue with the bass line, it was the unmelodic accordion sound that was throwing me off. Very Chronologie I thought, but now I have got my head around it, it's very good.
I think it's a Mellotron string sound, not an accodion. And yes, it's strange...
www.jarrelook.de
93 Berlin I/95 Paris/97 Stuttg.,Munich,Oberh.,
Frankf./02 Aalborg/08 Franf.,Zurich/09 Koblenz,
Zurich/10 Oberh.,Stuttg.,Bamb.,Munich,Mannh.,
Strasb.,Oslo/11 Monaco,Frankf.,Dortm.,Cologne,
Treves, Munich,Zurich/16/17 Frankf.,Berlin,
Düsseld.,Nuremb.,Münster,Berlin,Bonn
Post Posted Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:57 am
Jarreshair

I think it's shaping up to be JMJ most interesting solo studio album since O7-13.
For me the tracks so far have more "life" in them than Oxy3 and are more varied and interesting.
It's not Equinoxe though. For me M1 sounds like a Rendez-Vous track, M2 Magnetic Fields, M3 Chronologie, M6 T&T/Calypso, M8 Magnetic Fields/O7-13.

I was listening to Millions of Stars the other day, and I was thinking if you remove the speech it sounds very much like an Equinoxe track. Maybe he should have recycled that :wink:
Post Posted Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 pm
Jon

Hi all. Long time no see….

Loving the sound and feel of the new Jarre album. Movement 6 is so fun and reminds me of Jarre’s early 90’s works. While, on a personal note, I would have preferred the vocal lead to have been less vocal, I find the track puts a smile on my face. Its fun, enjoy it for what Jarre made it, a fun track and proving that Jarre can still punch a familiar yet obscure track that is manic instead of the usual more melancholic and sombre sounding works. As for movements 1 & 2, I am not sure where some are coming from in that they sound like Vangelis. Why, because it has a deep brassy leads? I’m sure Vangelis never created or ever had the trademark to those kind of leads. Vangelis is synonymous with the CS80. That brass lead sounds like Jarre’s old Korg (I may be wrong on that, so please correct me if I’m wrong).

Anyway, after a hiatus of many years it is good to see that JMJ is back, busy and stronger than ever.

… I agree on the album name suggestion. Maybe the use of “Equinoxe” is a little misleading and adventurous and that The Watcher(s) would have been more better suited to the album. But it is Jarre’s work and he can call it what ever he likes… We just buy it for the music.

:bravo:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

2020 Zoolook.nl