Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Radiophonie Vol 10 (4pk) - 10/07/2020

Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:00 am
Synner

Happy to report it has arrived, from Amazon UK.

Disc one appears to be Volume 9.

I think there may be some padding on here, for example, Hexagone 662, with its epic runtime of 5 seconds. :mrgreen:
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:00 am
Dr_Jones

Online Now
Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 10

shadow wrote:Still nothing on my end, I have a feeling I'll be missing out on this one. Did the previous release get a second print? I remember there being rumbling, but that they'd need permission from Jarre himself. So..?
No, these releases get limited prints. 9 was never reprinted either.
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:18 am
Finaero

Likes given: 4
Likes received  : 2

E-mail from Ginza; "delayed delivery, no further information when product is ready to be delivered".
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:51 am
shadow

Well bugger, I really want this, but going by how it's going, that's a negative...

Edit: seems people on discogs are already selling it for €170+... For real you arses?! :(
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:30 pm
Jote

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 6

Something from a facebook group about the mono tracks
Benoit, who does the live tech of the radio show Mirage, l'univers des musiques parallèles, identified the tracks in "Radiophonie VOL10"
The Hexagone 3xx are used exclusively for the radio station which is aired in mono.
All track in CD 2 are for the radio station, but the stereo ones are used for some show and spots which rebroadcasted on the TV channel too which is in stereo, but the 3xx are only used on the radio station.
So perhaps that's why they are in mono.
Anyway, some of the tracks in CD4 are at -12db, but apparently they are only for background music only used with voiceovers ... so perhaps that's why they are at this low level.
I don't really buy this explanation.
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:36 pm
shadow

Still not movement whatsoever on Amazon Germany. This absolutely blows...

Edit: thinking about it, would be nice if FranceInfo gave any information regarding what's going on. Orders get cancelled, barely anyone got their copy and no one knows what's going on.
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:23 pm
Jote

To add to the confusion, after canceling the orders in the morning FNAC made Radiophonie 10 available to order again.
Post Posted Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:34 pm
Jote

I received three e-mails from imusic.dk yesterday, the first one being the most interesting
The title has been withdrawn from the roster.
Signature records has stated that they will not be able to deliver any product on V10: Radiophonie (UPC 3415820000371) by Jean-Michel Jarre. The label said they are having rights issues with Jean-Michel Jarre’s main label. Why they waited to tell us this two days before the July 24th street date is anybody’s guess. We apologize for inconvenience caused by the reckless oversight from the label.
The second one was about "item cannot be delivered", the third one about order cancellation.
Post Posted Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 am
Synner

Just had a despatch email from Amazon uk, saying album will arrive tomorrow.

:peacemaan:
shadow

Jote wrote:To add to the confusion, after canceling the orders in the morning FNAC made Radiophonie 10 available to order again.
Dr_Jones

Online Now

Jote wrote:Something from a facebook group about the mono tracks
Benoit, who does the live tech of the radio show Mirage, l'univers des musiques parallèles, identified the tracks in "Radiophonie VOL10"
The Hexagone 3xx are used exclusively for the radio station which is aired in mono.
All track in CD 2 are for the radio station, but the stereo ones are used for some show and spots which rebroadcasted on the TV channel too which is in stereo, but the 3xx are only used on the radio station.
So perhaps that's why they are in mono.
Anyway, some of the tracks in CD4 are at -12db, but apparently they are only for background music only used with voiceovers ... so perhaps that's why they are at this low level.
I don't really buy this explanation.
I called it!
Jote

The tracks were obviously composed and recorded in stereo, so this is not an excuse, esp. when you're going to release them on a proper CD which will be obviously listened to on a stereo sound system.
Velodynamic

"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:25 am
Dr_Jones

Online Now

shadow wrote:Edit: seems people on discogs are already selling it for €170+... For real you arses?! :(
Yeah, I remember thinking the same when Radiophonie 9 started hitting eBay https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch ... =&endthru=#
Post Posted Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:17 am
shadow

Jote wrote:I received three e-mails from imusic.dk yesterday, the first one being the most interesting
The title has been withdrawn from the roster.
Signature records has stated that they will not be able to deliver any product on V10: Radiophonie (UPC 3415820000371) by Jean-Michel Jarre. The label said they are having rights issues with Jean-Michel Jarre’s main label. Why they waited to tell us this two days before the July 24th street date is anybody’s guess. We apologize for inconvenience caused by the reckless oversight from the label.
The second one was about "item cannot be delivered", the third one about order cancellation.
Wait... What?! They can't be serious regarding this, right? Also two days before release? For real guys?! :lol:

2020 Zoolook.nl