Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ concert in Merzouga (Morocco) 16th of December

Post Posted Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:12 am
Christophe

Robbie wrote:Was funny during March 23 when JM sent a kiss to the audience! :D
And also funny was that Jarre hit the crowd during the sequence of Chronologie 6! What the hell he say? :D 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:41 pm
AnDrOiD

He hit the crowd? :? :mryellow:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:46 pm
marcostudio

Just arrived via the post:

A DVD from a friend of mine who recorded the concert;-)
He has recorded it from sattelite en the picture qualaty is brilliant,although the sound is mono ;-(

I think there isn't a full stereo audio recording from the concert,but i am very happy to see it on my big television here!

Rest me to wish you all the best for 2007!

Greetz,Marco(Marcorporation)

www.digitalmastering.nl
Post Posted Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:57 pm
Robi

"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:33 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Thanks, we don't have much artciles like those here around.
Post Posted Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:51 pm
Jarp2600

“There’s only George Bush who can think that oil is more important than water, otherwise he would have invaded Canada instead of Iraq.”
I still love this quote! :D
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:33 pm
Jon

Another 'behind the scenes' diary report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0CqBq-hNPk
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:38 am
Steamroller Fly

Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:02 pm
Robi

http://www.cctv.com/program/cultureexpr ... 0905.shtml

"He's best known in his native France. But musician Jean Michel Jarre is no stranger to China. He's been here twice, in fact - the second trip during 2004's Year of French Culture. A versatile artist who works wonders with light and sound, Jarre has turned up on the dunes of Morocco, in the name of the planet we inhabit.

Jean Michel Jarre turned Morocco's sand dunes into his stage.

The platform was set up in the village of Merzouga, near the Algerian border, and nestled in Morocco's only genuine Erg - the regional term for a large expanse of desert sand.

Thousands of people came out for the show, held to draw attention to the global water crisis.

Amateur musicians were inspired to hold their own impromptu concert, as the crowd arrived.

Concert goer Sayeed said:"Jean Michel Jarre is here in Merzouga to send a message. He wants to let the whole world know that desertification is destroying the south of Morocco."

Jarre, as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, calls this exceptional show the "Water for Life" concert.

Presented under the auspices of UNESCO, and with support from the Kingdom of Morocco, the concert is a highlight of the U-N's International Year of Deserts and Desertification.

Musician Jean Michel Jarre said:"I think that sometimes a good song - a good painting, a good movie, a good book obviously - can tell you much more than long speeches or long campaigns..."

Surrounding the stage were seven screens, projecting images related to the crisis. All efforts were made to keep the show ecologically innocuous.

The screens, for instance, were anchored using water instead of concrete. Drinking fountains and power lines for the show will stay on site for use by the local community. "
Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:54 pm
Jarp2600

Robbie wrote:The screens, for instance, were anchored using water instead of concrete. Drinking fountains and power lines for the show will stay on site for use by the local community. "
I didn't know!
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:01 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

The second part I knew, but not about the screens being anchored by water.

Thanks robbie! :D
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:26 pm
Robi

Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:34 pm
Jakob BC

Thanks for all the information Robbie.
Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:15 pm
AnDrOiD

I didn't know he was best known in his native France. :P
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:34 pm
Jakob BC

AnDrOiD wrote:I didn't know he was best known in his native France. :P
We are living in a world where such information is useful 8)

2020 Zoolook.nl