Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The groundbreaking China Concerts, 30 years on

Post Posted Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:54 pm
jarrepaul

Not bothered about some daft arse that has a grudge. Concerts in China is some of Jarre's best music in my opinion.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 am
GlennFolkvord

How much is actual fact and how much is Yan's interpretation, misunderstanding or lie we will never know. All we know that he hates Jarre's music and he sometimes doesnt even know what it means to be a journalist and critic.
Post Posted Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 am
qube

It's probably true-ish but regardless it's IMO one of his best albums and certainly the best live one. I think it's wonderful but wouldn't have surprised me if it had been too 'out there' for the audience to really understand.
Post Posted Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:25 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Still the recordings were edited for the live album release. I used to have some original recordings, however I lost all of my rarities in a hardware crash a few years ago, in an atempt to make a backup... sour arse :punch:
Post Posted Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:51 pm
Velodynamic

I would guess at least half of the album is studio recorded in perfect circumstances. :P
That doesn't mean the album isn't very nice.
However the "real" live performance recorded from a Peking radio station tells me that it actually was a totally different story. Full of glitches and sloppy as heck. :)
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 2

One of these comments by people who just don't understand:

"I wish they would redo his music and take out all the stupid space invader noises. They date the music which is a shame because its really great melodicaly."
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sat May 03, 2014 3:40 pm
al

Velodynamic wrote:I would guess at least half of the album is studio recorded in perfect circumstances. :P
That doesn't mean the album isn't very nice.
However the "real" live performance recorded from a Peking radio station tells me that it actually was a totally different story. Full of glitches and sloppy as heck. :)
Where can I hear the "real" live performance? Do you have the recording?
Concerts attended:
Oxygene Tour 2008: Bucharest (10.11.2008)
Tour 2010: Bucharest (03.06.2010)
Post Posted Tue May 27, 2014 7:39 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

A quick Google search should have results. I'm quite a fan of the original radio transmition, despite the fake that the album sound absolutely nothing like it...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:32 pm
melo

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 pm
ChoccyUK

Would love one of those CiC pin badges or stickers....

I think I may have seen one amongst many other designs during the Belgian International fan convention in the late 1990s.

Anyone ever seen one or own any ?

2020 Zoolook.nl