Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Welcome To The Other Side - Jean-Michel Jarre New Year Eve’s concert at Notre-Dame in VR

Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 am
rinogurr

Likes received  : 46

Welcome To The Other Side
(a Jean-Michel Jarre New Year Eve’s concert at Notre-Dame in VR)
by Antony Vitillo & Vincent Masson (and with music by Jean-Michel Jarre)

From the darkness to the light, a live interactive musical and social XR experience universally accessible from all devices.

Producer Louis Cacciuttolo

Source: https://iffr.com/en/blog/eleven-immersi ... -at-vrdays

Last edited by rinogurr on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

That is a fantastic location! The Notre Dame is not only an iconic place, it is being rebuild and from the ashes something new arises. Much like us coping with the pandemic
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Chrono93

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Hello
New user here but have been visiting the site for many years now.
Anyway after seeing the facebook post yesterday I decided to search #WTTOS on bing and found this video on youtube.
I don't know if anyone else found this video but I thought I would share it just in case.
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:26 pm
Dr_Jones

And now I know what wttos means...
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:45 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 46

Following the success of Jean-Michel Jarre’s phygital concert ‘Alone Together’ performed in June 2020 (over 10000 people in VR during the concert and 1,2 million views in 24h on social networks), we decided to bring the concept to the next level and are aiming to demonstrate that the monetization of this kind of virtual events is a reality.

An homage to Notre-Dame, Welcome to the Other Side is a New Year Eve’s celebration concert that will happen simultaneously across various spaces:

– in social VR through VR headsets or via PC,
– online via mobile, tablets, or PCs directly accessible on social media platforms
– on-site with a silent video of the concert projected live directly on the façade of Notre-Dame

After the concert, replays of the social VR experience will be available inside VRChat for a fee, and a standalone app will also be sold and downloadable in stores.
To enable screen reader support, press Ctrl+Alt+Z To learn about keyboard shortcuts, press Ctrl+slash

Louis Cacciuttolo | CEO / Producer
Antony Vitillo | CTO, Chief Developer
Jean-Michel Jarre | Musician, Artist
Vincent Masson | Graphic Artist

Source: https://vrdays.co/program/ifm-content-2 ... XMC8IETMMo
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:25 pm
netrom

Likes received  : 4

Exciting news!
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:48 pm
Dr_Jones

This looks like some test footage for the concert, made 6 days ago. There's music with this video, if you want spoilers :-)

On the other hand, it's a test, so it could be test music too.
Post Posted Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 pm
Dr_Jones

Live broadcast on radio?
https://www.radiofrance.com/presse/radi ... fin-dannee

Sur France Inter à 23H30
Diffusion en direct du concert en réalité virtuelle « Welcome to the other side » de Jean-Michel Jarre, depuis la cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris
Post Posted Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:44 am
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

I hope it is not on too late as I have to be up early for work the next day.
And I hope it will be longer that the last VR concert with some classic tracks thrown in and also hoping for brand new music.
I am really looking forward to this, after the horrible year we have had it will be great to end it on a high.
Post Posted Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:14 pm
Dr_Jones

According to the broadcast it starts at 23h30... so it'll probably stop late after midnight
Post Posted Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

Damn I am going to miss it, I am sure it will get recorded by a few fans as the last VR concert was.
Post Posted Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:23 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 43

Another New Year's Eve concert, 21 years' after Egypt...
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:08 pm
Dr_Jones

Got an email about it:

3e000343ac047ec169f4da32a49829c6.jpeg
Jean-Michel Jarre to perform ground breaking concert in virtual Notre Dame

NOTRE DAME VIRTUALLY

Always surprising and always pioneering Jean-Michel Jarre used his time in lock down to create a virtual spectacular extra ordinary event for all of us to join on New Years Eve. Teaming with the City of Paris & UNESCO Jean-Michel Jarre, based in a studio near the Cathedral, will perform in virtual Notre Dame in a ground breaking 45min performance set consisting of pieces from the Electronica World Tour and some brand new versions of versions of his classics, Oxygène and Equinoxe.

The unique visual world created by Jarre in VR will also be the official midnight news image coming from the City of Paris.

The concert "WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE - LIVE" will be available on 01.01.2020 0:15am CET on all digital platforms.

How To Join WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE on NYE

- In total immersion on the social VR platform VRchat, accessible either simply via PC, or in virtual reality for the audience equipped with VR headsets,
- Live-streaming on Jarre's media platforms via any PC or Mac, smartphone or tablet,
- Architectural 3D Laser scenography on the façade of Notre-Dame Cathedral in city-centre Paris,
- Live audio broadcast on Radio France's France Inter, French public radio,
- Live TV broadcast by French BFM Paris news channel

INFORMATION
To follow all the news around the event check www.jeanmicheljarre.com or follow JMJ on his socials.
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:29 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

"Live-streaming on Jarre's media platforms via any PC or Mac, smartphone or tablet,"
"The concert "WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE - LIVE" will be available on 01.01.2020 0:15am CET on all digital platforms."

Does any of this mean "youtube" by any chance like the last time? I have no interest in the VRchat BS
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:51 pm
Dr_Jones

I guess it will be youtube. I can't think of any other video streaming service.

And BFM Paris has got a live video stream:
https://www.bfmtv.com/paris/en-direct/

• 2020 Zoolook.nl