Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 4 Lead on 2600

Post Posted Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am
Wax Mango

Likes received  : 5

Hello all - since getting my Behringer 2600 I wanted to try to recreate the Oxygene 4 lead following the instructions given by Geiss during an interview...so here you are - I think pretty accurate! They're MP3 samples, ready to drag in to your sampler.
Attachments
O4 Lead MP3.zip
Oxygene 4 lead samples
(294.01 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Post Posted Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm
Jote

Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 31

Way too much detune methinks
Post Posted Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:24 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 11
Likes received  : 15

Can you give us more details about what Geiss said about this sound ?
Post Posted Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm
Wax Mango

He actually said very little other than to confirm that the lead originated on the ARP2600, all oscillators were square and there was a bit of ADSR on the filter to shape the sound. OSC3 takes the pulse wave into the filter, bypassing the normalled saw.

I think it sounds pretty spot on. There shouldn't be any detune as all oscillators were tuned in unison.
Post Posted Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am
Finaero

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 14

Always preferred the PLD version of the lead ;)

Thanks for the samples! I do prefer this to the "Oxygene IV" lead in Arturia's SEM V (for example), that's more fitting for Oxygene 8 IMO
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am
leeswindon

Likes given: 1

Wax Mango wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am Hello all - since getting my Behringer 2600 I wanted to try to recreate the Oxygene 4 lead following the instructions given by Geiss during an interview...so here you are - I think pretty accurate! They're MP3 samples, ready to drag in to your sampler.
I just got a Behringer 2600 myself yesterday and was trying to recreate this sound - you got way closer than I did!

Is there any chance you could post a photo of the settings on your 2600 for this sound?
Post Posted Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:17 pm
Wax Mango

Patch photo, as requested!
Attachments
O4.jpg
Oxygene 4 lead on 2600
Post Posted Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 pm
leeswindon

Likes given: 1

Wax Mango wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:17 pm Patch photo, as requested!
Ah, that's great - thank you my friend!

PS - Awesome looking setup!
Post Posted Thu May 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

Jote wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm Way too much detune methinks
Yes too much detune and too little sustain. Change them and you should be much closer to the album original. :D
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.

2020 Zoolook.nl