Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The Official "Quasimidi- Raven" thread

Post Posted Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:24 am
jeremy

A dance demo here (I admit it REALLY SUCKS!!! haha... bad techno at its worst):

http://www.deepsonic.ch/deep/htm/raven.php
Post Posted Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

jeremy wrote:A dance demo here (I admit it REALLY SUCKS!!! haha... bad techno at its worst):

http://www.deepsonic.ch/deep/htm/raven.php
I think it was nice. The annoying things about techno is the hoover IMO, and there was no hoover here, it was more like trance... a great genre :wink:
Post Posted Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:20 pm
Mogwai

It was pretty good at the end of the track. ...and I don't like much techno at all! ;) :)

Can't wait to hear more sound from you Equin(00)xe. Even though it was a quickly made demo I liked the "remix" of Oxygene 7. :D

What I would like to hear from this synth are demos of the strings, pads and more ambient stuff. :)
Post Posted Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:08 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

Anyone whos interested here are some samples of the Jarre Sounds used....on Oxygene 7-13

I have sampled C notes over the whole octave range of the Raven so you can load the samples into your samplers....

Oxygene 7 Bass/Choirs

Oxygene 10/11 Drum hits/FX

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.ph ... 522681.wma

I will do a demo of the Patches tonight so you can hear the general overall sound of the Raven
Post Posted Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:13 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Thanks a lot :D
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:20 pm
Jakob BC

Cool! thank you.
Post Posted Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 pm
Jarp2600

Is it the recording or my boxes, but this sounds are not very warm. Less than other Quasimidi synths.
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:23 pm
Pete

Thanx Equin(00)xe for spotting these sounds and make them available for us. Any chance to get them in an uncompressed format 44.1 / 16 bits?

A very cool lossless compression program is Monkey's Audio http://www.monkeysaudio.com (Free...!)
It saves about 45% of the original file without compromising the audio quality and the resulting .ape files can be read directly by winamp or re-converted to the original files. It can also compress 24 bit audio files.

P.
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:04 pm
Mr Pitch

Very good demo Equinoxe, thanks a lot.

I own a Quasimidi Quasar with an extansion board since 1995 and I always wanted to replace it by a Raven ...

the sounds you showed surprised me, because I have the same in the Quasar.

I often heard that the Raven is the Keyboard version of the "Technox" expander, itself considered like a "only-electronic sounds" version of the Quasar... It seems to be true to me now

Anyway, this sound of Mellotron is really close to the original and I would not be astonished that Jarre used it in the full album instead the true Mellotron (this one seems to be a nightmare to play with)... I wonder also if some intros pieces of Oygen in Moscow were not worked with the Raven and his "Motivator" like Oxygen part 2 for example ...
it is not the music which is electronic, but the instruments
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:08 pm
Mogwai

Jarre also used a JV-90 on Oxygene 7-13 with some Mellotron sounds in it. So he had options.

Anyway. Thanks for the sounds Equin(00)xe! That choir is a real gem... a sound of it's own. :)

Could the so-called Jarre-tron possibly come from Raven? :?
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:19 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Afaik, JMJ had some mellotron tapes made specially for him, these were used during the tour, but if I remember well, one of the sounds also appears on Oxygene 7. And besides that, the mellotron sequence from Oxygene 7 is surely from a real mellotron. I'm sure he used a real one on the album, as it was in his (rather small) synth setup at the time, so it wouldn't make sense to put it there if it wasn't to be used anyway...
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:44 pm
Jakob BC

The Mellotron is credited but also in his setup which I think was arranged especially for that album and from the picture of his studio with text to the setup he said he used the Mellotron or Novatron for Oxygene 7.
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:57 pm
Jarp2600

Btw, did he use the 400, MK5 or T.550?
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:04 pm
Equinoxe

the Only melly he had pictured in the studio(oxygene 7-13) at the time was the M400..with a MM sat on top

He also took a MK2 on tour with Specially recorded tapes and a clear perspex back cover...
Post Posted Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:13 pm
Equinoxe

GeeJee wrote:also appears on Oxygene 7. And besides that, the mellotron sequence from Oxygene 7 is surely from a real mellotron...

I doubt that very much its more likely the JV vintage boards,so i far more suspect it was off the JV expansion boards....

I have the exact sound in the Roland MVS-1 which is a 1U module of the Vintage Expansion board.

Its also used on Oxygene part 8

Demos to follow

• 2020 Zoolook.nl