Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The Official "Quasimidi- Raven" thread

Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:41 am
Mogwai

Now I've finally bought a Raven. :D Hope that it will contain more great sounds than those I've heard. If not...well, I've got it cheap. :)
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 am
Andy

What did you pay for the Raven? Is it the Maxx version?
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:21 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Congratulations Mogwai! :D :D
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:59 pm
Nino

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Glad to be here

Nino
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:20 pm
Mogwai

Andy wrote:What did you pay for the Raven? Is it the Maxx version?
No Maxx. But it cost me about 200 Euro so it was worth it. Quasimidi products are very rare in Sweden. Hopefully I'll get it this week.

Now I've got to find a stand that can hold three synths. :)
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:33 pm
Equinoxe

Mogwai wrote:
Andy wrote:What did you pay for the Raven? Is it the Maxx version?
No Maxx. But it cost me about 200 Euro so it was worth it. Quasimidi products are very rare in Sweden. Hopefully I'll get it this week.

Now I've got to find a stand that can hold three synths. :)

Excellent!! :D Thats a good price(I paid £150 UK pounds),your 200 Euro equates to about £133 UK pounds)nice one,Mines the Maxx version

The Keyboard has a nice springy action and its pleasurable to play,Plus the keys are quite long,which is unusual these days,manufacturers seem to make Keys smaller and smaller,which isn't great if your a proper Perfoming keyboard player with longer fingers,but Quasimidi seem to have fitted a generous size Keyboard to it.

I think the Raven is quite rare in general these days,I've only seen 2 for sale and the second one I seen I bought!!!

I don't ever recall seeing any of them in the shops in the UK when they were in production..But I suspect that there would be far more second hand Ravens availible in Germany given it was made there..There seems to be very few around in the UK

I wouldn't say there a Rare classic like some Vintage analogs,and suppose its not as collectable,but its got its own character that few synths I have used has,Its also built like a tank!!!!!

Hopefully you managed to get a Manual with it,If not you can download one,but you will need it,I've read mine quite intensly and i Normally don't bother other than for References,but I found the Raven (althought Easy to use now) was a different Learning curve from what I was used to with Korg stuff,but its certainly a very capable synth..

the only thing that Bugs me sometimes are the Patches,especially when you have stacked programs,they can be polyphony huggers and especially with some of the more powerful type pads can note steal,I think 24 Voice Poly on a workstation is a little mean,but You can work round it,Plus its great compositional tool with Pattern accompianment 8 track sequencer,great for building grooves....

Again I'm still convinced after using it that this was the Synth that jarre composed with for Oxygene 7-13 the synth he mentions he took travelling with him..
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:20 pm
Mogwai

I also think that this was the synth Jarre did demos with for Oxygene 7-13. Can't wait to try it out myself. I found some demos of it (link higher up in tread) and although most of them sucked I liked many of the sounds that were played. If the sequencer can send midi and control other synths then I might even consider to play live. :D

I found the manual on the yahoo group. Great stuff. :)
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:22 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

For 200€, I think I'm gonna buy one :mrgreen:
I love this synth since many years :P
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:50 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Yes it seems usefull, even more by reading this thread.
However it's "rare" and it's not the unit I need the most so I won't look after this yet unless someone are selling it in my country and for a good price. Something impulsive might happen :)
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:55 pm
Mogwai

Check this out. You recon the guys in the corners? :D ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/1321695/rav ... h.pdf.html

Sorry for rapidshare. Don't have my own space to upload it.

Synthesist: Exactly how I felt too. It's cool, rare and good but not my dreamsynth. But for the right price and whitin Sweden I wouldn't hesitate. :)
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:08 pm
Jakob BC

Mogwai wrote:Check this out. You recon the guys in the corners? :D ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/1321695/rav ... h.pdf.html

Sorry for rapidshare. Don't have my own space to upload it.

Synthesist: Exactly how I felt too. It's cool, rare and good but not my dreamsynth. But for the right price and whitin Sweden I wouldn't hesitate. :)
So he did also have the cyber-6 I have never seen it fro many of his studio pictures at the Oxygene 7-13 times.
Thanks for the brochure btw.
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm
Equinoxe

Cool Thanx for the Brochure Mogwai!!

Hmm I wonder what sounds off the Cyber 6 he may have used also.. :wink: (if any)
Post Posted Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:45 pm
Jakob BC

I remember I have seen the Cyber-6 in some gearlist from the Oxygene tour. However I didn't spot it from either the show in Katowice and Moscow. Maybe he also got it but didn't think he could use it and never used it or got rid of it quickly. I can only keep on this guessing thing.
Post Posted Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:04 pm
Equinoxe

Mogwai wrote:Now I've finally bought a Raven. :D Hope that it will contain more great sounds than those I've heard. If not...well, I've got it cheap. :)

Have you got the Raven yet????

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it!!!
Post Posted Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:54 pm
radek tymecki

BTW for all who're tryin to make Oxy 7 cover I've prepared nice Eminent part ;)

eminent

• 2020 Zoolook.nl