Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe 7 bass

Post Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 pm
juanito

Hi,

I have asked Francis Rimbert about the modulation and he said that the modulation has been played live using the bender or pitch wheel. It's not really complicated. We should use a half tone down quick modulation.

After trying with the Arp, it's sound very close to the original. Now the difference between thé eq5-6-7 bass is the filter cutoff right?
Post Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:39 pm
radek tymecki

when JMJ and MG were recording Equinoxes the bass sequence was programmed on matrisequencer. There are some moments where You can hear tape cuts.

Anyway Michel Geiss told me that JMJ was changing pitch using keyboard on programmed sequence
Post Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 pm
matt222

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 1

Yes, Chrisbern's bass modulations are the best yet I think.

Looking forward to more of your Equinoxe work Beeloo.
Post Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:08 pm
juanito

Well,

Radek you think pitch modulation on keyboards wheels right?

End of equinoxe 6 and begining of 7 till stable sequence are not hand played but sequenced? How many steps has the matrix sequencer?
Post Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm
radek tymecki

juanito wrote:Well,

Radek you think pitch modulation on keyboards wheels right?

End of equinoxe 6 and begining of 7 till stable sequence are not hand played but sequenced? How many steps has the matrix sequencer?
i dont know/remember facts about matriseq. it could be used as 1 or 2 sequencers simulateusly. probalby it was loopable. yes the modulated sequence at ending of eq6 beginning eq7 was sequenced.

remember that arp2600 is monophonic and there are no modwheels. jmj was pressing some notes on keyb to get desired modulation effect -> notice that modulations during sequences are not the same

soon i'll post fixed eq7 an1x patch. it sounds very convincing and as original - it uses 2 oscillators [saw and pw]
Post Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 pm
radek tymecki

here's older version

eq7 matriseq bass old ver [2 mb]
Post Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:31 am
chrisbern

matt222 wrote:Yes, Chrisbern's bass modulations are the best yet I think.

Thank You Matt :). I loved this bass sequence (and solo between Eq6 and 7) allways and I tried various ways until I created this version. Now I am happy with my result :)
My JMJ covers and replicas on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/chrisbern75
Post Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 am
Analog-Umph

guess it's not very fast pitch eg :punch:

btw arp2600 is duophonic with the 3620 keyboard
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:38 am
Pete

chrisbern wrote:
matt222 wrote:Yes, Chrisbern's bass modulations are the best yet I think.

Thank You Matt :). I loved this bass sequence (and solo between Eq6 and 7) allways and I tried various ways until I created this version. Now I am happy with my result :)
Chris, I just discovered your covers on Youtube: really really impressive!
I appreciated how you look after details, to subtle sounds and effects. Great work on delays. A really good ear in transcribing notes and reproducing sounds.
Arpeggiator cover is fantastic.
I miss just some power from the drums. Maybe it's because of some samples, maybe it's because of Reason. Try to compress them a bit (you may look at some reacher Linn and Simmons samples). Other than that... Superb.
Bravo!
Post Posted Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 am
chrisbern

Pete wrote:I miss just some power from the drums. Maybe it's because of some samples, maybe it's because of Reason. Try to compress them a bit (you may look at some reacher Linn and Simmons samples). Other than that... Superb.
Bravo!
Thank You for nice compliments. This with drums. I think You have probably right, It could be more power. I have good Linn samples. I must to experiment with various compressor settings and reverbs. For Example snare in original Souvenir in China sounds genial and powerfull but I am not sure why (early reflection? reverb-small room? something in the stereo pan?) I must study this...
Simmons? :D I make my Simmons on 3 synths pro one Simmons module and can edit it like real SDSV. They are no better samples :).
Regards!

PS. @admin: can You put this two last posts to my topic "JMJ Replicas and covers from Christian "Chrisbern"
"? Thank You
Post Posted Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:09 pm
matt222

Beeloo,

I recall your Equinoxe 4 cover ( who could forget???).

I am itching to hear your Equi 567 cover. If it is of the same quality of part 4 it will be staggering. Please send me any work done so far if you wish I would be fascinated.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mm2mihwmnjq

Above; Equinoxe 6 ARP2600 sequnces on 2 Nordleads with Hardware sequencer.

www.mattsynth.co.uk
Post Posted Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 pm
Pete

matt222 wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/?mm2mihwmnjq

www.mattsynth.co.uk
You guys are getting serious here. Another impressing job.
What nord are they: 1-2-or 2x?
Post Posted Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 am
Pete

chrisbern wrote: Thank You for nice compliments. This with drums. I think You have probably right, It could be more power. I have good Linn samples. I must to experiment with various compressor settings and reverbs. For Example snare in original Souvenir in China sounds genial and powerfull but I am not sure why (early reflection? reverb-small room? something in the stereo pan?) I must study this...
Simmons? :D I make my Simmons on 3 synths pro one Simmons module and can edit it like real SDSV. They are no better samples :).
Regards!
Errata corrige about my previous post. I had listened to Youtube with the crappy soundcard of my Laptop and with an even worse pair of headphones...
I have just checked it better now and I think the drums are really good too!
Listening to your version of Arpeggiator and of Souvenir of China I feel the Kick and Snare sound more similar to a Roland TR-707 than to a Linn, they lack "that" punch.
Your Simmons emulation is very good too, a bit more like later Simmons stuff to me.
Anyway these are just small details and Youtube does heavy data compression; the overal sound is really close and all just using Reason. As I said before, very very well done!
Post Posted Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 am
chrisbern

Thank You :). I am especially proud of my Simmons. I searched much about Simmons heard many demos and made my own "Simmons modules" on Reason analog synths. Of course it sounds not 100% like original but much better than samples and I can edit all parameters like in SDS V.
Post Posted Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 pm
matt222

Pete wrote:
matt222 wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/?mm2mihwmnjq

www.mattsynth.co.uk
You guys are getting serious here. Another impressing job.
What nord are they: 1-2-or 2x?

Nordlead 2 keyboard and Nordlead 2 rack powered by my Akai ASQ10 hardware sequencer. Check out my other Equinoxes at www.mattsynth.co.uk

2020 Zoolook.nl