Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe 7 bass

Post Posted Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:10 pm
juanito

Hi,

I'm looking for a patch for playing equinoxe 7 bass line. Wich instrument is used by JMJ? Arp 2600 or Moog (Mini or Modular)?

Has someone this patch? or its cracteristics (osc, adsr,filter, glide, etc.) and way to program it on a classic analog synthesizer? On many covers i heard, the bass sounds really like the original!

Many thanks for help me!

Juan
Post Posted Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

It was presumely made with the ARP 2600. So far that doesn't indicate how it was made. There are a few threads about the subject, however no real guide. Perhaps you can ask the authors of the covers. I know that Radek and Analogue-Umph of this forum are much into replicating Jarre sounds.
Post Posted Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:26 pm
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 2

I haven't come to Equinoxe 7 yet, in replicating two of it's elements I want, namely the bass and the plucks, so perhaps Radek can help you out with the basic patch recipe :wink:
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:11 pm
radek tymecki

to get that sound you need saw waveform and octaved down pw wave [30-60%] or so to get that sound right + fast pitch eg

check this out

eq7 bass test [1 mb]
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:14 am
juanito

Hi Radek!

That's a beautifull bass on the excerpt! Do you have any ARP2600 V or Timewarp 2600 patch of this bass?

Juanito
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:22 pm
radek tymecki

No.

I've used hardware synthesizer to get that sound. but as far as i can remember
- saw 8', tune -10, volume 80%
- pw [30-50%] 16', tune +10, volume 100%
- fast vca and vcf like this -> |\__
- PITCH EG - to get THAT sound :)
- cutoff set to 10-20%, resonance 0%

btw... full version of this cover can be found here

viewtopic.php?t=3566
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:02 pm
juanito

Ok,

So wich synthi do you use?

I will try with my Prophet 600 and my Korg Z1... alors with Albino 3 and Super Wave P8... Do you try it on Arp2600 both virtual editions?
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 pm
Jakob BC

You should try it on any of your synths that meet those criteria.
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:10 pm
juanito

Ok, i'm just a beginner in synthesis... what do you mean exactly about

"fast vca and vcf like this -> |\__"

vca it ADSR parameters right? And Release is very short right?

vcf it the same but about the enveloppe right?
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 pm
Jakob BC

VCA (Voltage Coltrolled Amplifier) or just refer to amplifier envelopes. In short this is the lifetime of the volume.
VCF (Voltage Coltrolled Filter) refers to the filter envelopes, typically the lifetime of the filter cutoff.
Both are ADSR envelopes. As far as I have understood from Radek's |\__ drawing, you need to have a short attack (value 0) and then a small amount decay and sustain 8or nothing at all) and no release.
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:57 pm
juanito

Well, i'll try it first with my analog synth P600...

"pw [30-50%] 16', tune +10, volume 100%"

is that a Pulse-Width of 30% to 50%? Could i use also a square oscillator or not?
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 pm
Jakob BC

A PWM is required. It was quite easy to get that sound, so it shouldn't be a problem for you, just start out with a clean sound instead of a heavily tweaked patch, that should make it easier.
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:18 pm
radek tymecki

use PW waveform.... depends on synth you'll have to tweak between 30-50%. PEG is very important
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:55 pm
juanito

Ok, so what's exactly definition of PEG (Env Générator??)
Post Posted Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:05 pm
radek tymecki

pitch env gen

2020 Zoolook.nl