Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ's recent live setup

Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 11:30 am
jarrekid

GeeJee wrote:Either it's midified or controlled by CV/Gate (hell of a job, with 20? different sounds). Another possibility is that it's sampled.
You could simply solder in a clock input where the clock generator is connected to the sequencer within the drum machine. That would mean one clock input (from another sequencer or clock generator) controlling 20 sounds via one sync'd sequence.
Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 11:39 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

The sequencersetup is just difficult to figure out. What synth was used for the Oxygene seq for instance.
If we are talking the Oxygene DVD, The Memorymoog and the RMI were hooked up to the Digisequencer. Since the MM was used for the leads during Oxygene 2, it could not have been used for the sequence. I have no idea what Claude's Minimoog, Synthi A and 2600 were used for.
What the Loop Stations were used for, is also completely unknown to me.
For this tour the Digisequencer was replaced by the computer sequencer. Now it's just a question how it was controlled. In some of the early rehearsal photos, Claude has the computer monitor in his setup. It would be logical if he was taking care of all the sequencing.
Regarding the Digisequencer, Im not sure whether it has a song option or not. Otherwise it would be difficult to trigger the Minipops without doing it manually.
Woah maybe Im just thinking too much, and maybe some questions are better left unanswered :smoke:
Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 1:02 pm
Elf

Jakob BC wrote: For this tour the Digisequencer was replaced by the computer sequencer.
Jarre told me during my interview with him that the reason they went for a computer sequencer in stead was that a) The sequencer was just too heavy and fragile and b) it broke down the week before the tour :)
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

Does anyone have any decent close up pics of Jarres setup for this Tour?
Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 1:51 pm
Jakob BC

Elf wrote:
Jakob BC wrote: For this tour the Digisequencer was replaced by the computer sequencer.
Jarre told me during my interview with him that the reason they went for a computer sequencer in stead was that a) The sequencer was just too heavy and fragile and b) it broke down the week before the tour :)
Thanks! That's always good to know.
Post Posted Sat May 30, 2009 12:24 am
Pat1982

Robi wrote:Which track is including Haken Continuum during this tour?
He used it on Calypso 3 (Fin de siecle)
Post Posted Sat May 30, 2009 9:06 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Pat1982 wrote:
Robi wrote:Which track is including Haken Continuum during this tour?
He used it on Calypso 3 (Fin de siecle)
Yep, in Amsterdam too.
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Sat May 30, 2009 9:30 am
Apul

I assume, based on the pictures I posted from US Keyboards magazine that the computer sequencer is running the DSI MoPho? In which case, given the sounds used for Variation 3 for the sequence/arpeggio, it was exactly the same as the Oxygene tour last year, so was the Digisequencer running a MoPho then?

I thought during the Oxygene tour the Digisequencer was running the RMI and MemoryMoog?

Actually, another thing I've just thought of. During Variation 1 (one of my all time favourite JMJ tracks I think), there is the Oxygene 2 sequence running in the background, but JMJ uses the MemoryMoog for a different sound during that track, so unless the RMI was doing the sequence, maybe it was the MoPho afterall?

Something to think about.
Post Posted Sat May 30, 2009 10:03 am
Jakob BC

The MoPho wasn't used for the Oxygene Tour. The Digisequencer did trigger the Memorymoog and the RMI. Im not sure whether the MoPho took over some of those parts for this tour.
Where I was sitting in Ã…rhus, I could see most of JMJ's and Francis' tweakings. I remember that JMJ changed some of the sliders on the RMI, so it must have been used for more than one sound. Im also quite sure that the Memorymoog was used again in Variation III. I still don't know the soundsource for the Oxygene 2 sequence. Somehow I think Claude might have been taken care of some of the sequences. On one of the rehearsal photos, before the Digisequencers was replaced by the software sequencer, the MoPho was placed on the Digisequencer, so it't most likely used for soem of the sequences. Well the concert is also full of sequences. It could have been used for the Equinoxe tracks.

Regarding the Fingerboard, interesting to know that it actually was used. During the concerts in Scandinavia, the Syntar was used throughout Calypso 3, however it doesn't seem to have been onstage since then.

EDIT: Doesn't look like the software sequencer was used for Equinoxe 4.
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:26 pm
JPQ

What kind software sequencer is used?
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm
Jarp2600

JPQ wrote:What kind software sequencer is used?
JMJ knowing, that would probably be Ableton Live, or perhaps ProTools. But what difference would that make? :)
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm
Jakob BC

Afaik It's custommade.
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:33 pm
JPQ

Jarp2600 wrote:
JMJ knowing, that would probably be Ableton Live, or perhaps ProTools. But what difference would that make? :)
some people want use same synths and ask them many questons and some one collecting them. i dont understand why this thing is not important. its nice know what jarre uses even i dont like same stuff i dont like Ableton Live when i looked this.
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:38 pm
Jarp2600

JPQ wrote:
Jarp2600 wrote:
some people want use same synths and ask them many questons and some one collecting them. i dont understand why this thing is not important. its nice know what jarre uses even i dont like same stuff i dont like Ableton Live when i looked this.
I understand that people like to use the same synths that JMJ uses, because of the characteristic sounds. But whatever kind of sequencer software you use, the output will be exactly the same. It's just his working platform. It's almost the same as asking what kind of wallpapers or carpet he has... :P
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm
Jakob BC

Ok just to make it clear before everybody gets confused :pwned:
The software sequencer I was talking about, is the sequencer present at the tour. Radek posted this close-up photo:
radek tymecki wrote:Image

JMJ Sequencer
v1.11 Jean Leonard (cant read properly?)

2020 Zoolook.nl